[HMS] :: Competitive Custom List and Public Discussion [Deprecated]

(Sep. 06, 2013  5:10 PM)th!nk Wrote: And obviously any other new combos people have come up with could use testing, I recall not having the parts to test the one Time mentioned (I don't have an einstein ms RC, despite having a bunch of purple einstein ms ar's lol).

I can't even think when i mentioned this, where was it again?
For anyone just seeing this, it seems the combo may have only been mentioned in a PM to me, but yeah. Time, you can clarify/post about it, might as well have someone look into it if possible.
I have a Spring Core so fire away with requests :]
I guess I thought th!nk was taking care of it, but
the combo is
Circle Upper/Wolf Crusher, CWD Circle Attacker, Spring Core. I'll have the theory posted behind it in a minute.

CWD Circle Attacker for the Slight Overhang to help compensate for Spring Core's ridiculous height. I'm sure there are better ones for overhang out there, but it is the best I have. I might have to try free saucer as well, it could be interesting.

Wolf Crusher/Circle Upper: To maximize stamina

Spring Core: Its like a more effective version of jumping base, it hops around a little longer, gives you a few more attempts at gattyaki, and doesn't have bad stamina when mint.

Kind of a weird balance type, should avoid a lot of the most powerful hits from attack, be able to outspin defense, and have enough attack (especially with circle upper) to handle most stamina types

One quick test that I shared with th!nk awhile ago:
Above combo using Circle Upper vs. Stock Wolborg
Above Combo Wins: 13/20

It works because it is usually able to get one good hit from above on wolborg and at times either ko it or manage to get the bey off-balance enough to os it (sorry, I can't recall the specific win breakdown at this point) which I know is crazy against a bearing/free-spinning rc/track bey, but it happens.
Is this G revolution beyblades only or can post my metal fusion beyblade combo?
(Mar. 28, 2014  8:21 AM)Ray Sagittario Wrote: Is this G revolution beyblades only or can post my metal fusion beyblade combo?
this is only for hms. Not MFB.

Please don't bump threads like that Tongue_out, just read the OP.
I don't know what hms means and the op didn't exactly explain it!
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/HMS
(Mar. 28, 2014  3:30 PM)Ray Sagittario Wrote: I don't know what hms means and the op didn't exactly explain it!
no need to get mad, you can tell it's not from MFB because of the parts. MFBs don't have ARs, WDs (the overall naming of that part, not the specific parts.) or RCs Smile.
(Sep. 18, 2013  10:21 PM)Time Wrote: I guess I thought th!nk was taking care of it, but
the combo is
Circle Upper/Wolf Crusher, CWD Circle Attacker, Spring Core. I'll have the theory posted behind it in a minute.

CWD Circle Attacker for the Slight Overhang to help compensate for Spring Core's ridiculous height. I'm sure there are better ones for overhang out there, but it is the best I have. I might have to try free saucer as well, it could be interesting.

Wolf Crusher/Circle Upper: To maximize stamina

Spring Core: Its like a more effective version of jumping base, it hops around a little longer, gives you a few more attempts at gattyaki, and doesn't have bad stamina when mint.

Kind of a weird balance type, should avoid a lot of the most powerful hits from attack, be able to outspin defense, and have enough attack (especially with circle upper) to handle most stamina types

One quick test that I shared with th!nk awhile ago:
Above combo using Circle Upper vs. Stock Wolborg
Above Combo Wins: 13/20

It works because it is usually able to get one good hit from above on wolborg and at times either ko it or manage to get the bey off-balance enough to os it (sorry, I can't recall the specific win breakdown at this point) which I know is crazy against a bearing/free-spinning rc/track bey, but it happens.

This...
Is a very interesting combo.
Spring Core isn't all that bad actually...
And to find a use for Circle Attacker is a great thing actually.
I made a Similar combo with Metal Saucer and Dranzer MF's Wing CWD. Too bad it made a small plastic crack on the wing >.>
Is Bloody Devil a competitive Bey?
Shouldn't there be secondary options for Defence and Survival RCs? Even if Bearing Core and Bearing Core 2 are the best, wouldn't it made sense to add Adavnce Eterner's Metal Sharp as a Survival alternative and Advance Guardians Rubber Sharp as a defense alternative?
(Aug. 20, 2017  9:51 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Shouldn't there be secondary options for Defence and Survival RCs? Even if Bearing Core and Bearing Core 2 are the best, wouldn't it made sense to add Adavnce Eterner's Metal Sharp as a Survival alternative and Advance Guardians Rubber Sharp as a defense alternative?

I think that the dual-spin nature of HMS mostly makes those RCs irrelevant. Sharp tips are notoriously easy to defeat with opposite spin, this is why RS was such an unpopular part compared to CS during the MFB era (though its bad stamina probably also played a role) - Lightning and Gravity were the most popular attackers and could easily outspin RS Defense combos if they didn't KO them. As both the Bearing Cores have more Stamina in same spin than their respective sharp RCs, and defeat them in opposite spin with their superior Precession, it's not really worth adding them to the list.

EDIT: Possibly Metal Ball core for Stamina? I've never actually tested it for that since Bearing Core was much more popular, so I can give it a shot, but I don't have much in the way of Stamina ARs.

While I get that this thread is many years old, a combo that I think find especially notable and I think should be moved to balance is:
  • AR: Circle Upper (Mold 2)
  • WD: 17g CWD Defense Ring (God Ring is probably better but it's a part I'll never own)
  • RC: Bearing Core 2 (slightly worn)

This combo has a solid chance of beating pretty much everything in HMS. Against Attack, you just pick the opposite spin direction, and then you have a choice of either Weak Launching to absorb hits vs Smash Attack or strong launching for mobile defense vs Upper Attack. In BB-10, Tornado Attack, and TBTS it mauls Bearing Core, and even has a chance to outspin it in Tornado Balance if launched correctly (always use Right Spin in this matchup for that destabilization). There's only a few ways to defeat it (and they're all mostly inconsistent and super situational):

• Attack in TBTS, in which case you're better off going Attack vs Attack than using this
  • Bearing Core in Tornado Balance, since it's the only(?) HMS legal stadium where it doesn't get 3-0 KOed
  • E230Rubber Weight Core/CWD Circle Attacker combos, assuming the opponent gets the spin direction correct
  • Mirror Match (the only time I've ever lost with this combo, and it was with a 2-3 self-KO too rip)

Another thing I want people to look into (@[Zoroaste] did, but very briefly) is the possibility of dual-spin Giga Flat type combo using the Hasbro Dranzer MS RC? I think the combo he came up with used the Advance Aerazer AR and that sprocket looking CWD that comes with Thunder Dragon MS.
Dranzer MS's RC is way too unreliable to be viable imo. Maybe I'm just bad at launching though...
What do you think about this combo:
Ar metal upper
Wd circle heavy
RC grip flat core
?
(Jan. 08, 2018  3:24 PM)bblader90 Wrote: No opinion to express?

HMS community isn't very active these days but basicly your combo is very good. Metal Upper is kinda underrated

though you can use CWD Defence Ring instead of Circle Heavy as increased weight will be better
Quote:I think that the dual-spin nature of HMS mostly makes those RCs irrelevant. Sharp tips are notoriously easy to defeat with opposite spin, this is why RS was such an unpopular part compared to CS during the MFB era (though its bad stamina probably also played a role)
That, and RS wears down extremely quickly. I've never been a fan of rubber sharp, and I'm actually confused as to where they get their reputation for near-invincibility to attack types tbh, between their lackluster (for a rubber tip in comparison to wider tips like Bearing Core 2 or RSF/RDF if you're comparing MFB's RS) grip to the stadium floor and their notorious weakness to opposite-spin (as you mentioned).

Dammit I wish I owned HMS too, but considering the prices they go for it's unlikely.

EDIT: Whoops, I went derp and didn't bother checking the last post date  O_o