Guitar Topic

Trufax: There is no effect I hate more than Wah. The ability to make my tone go from one type of horrible to another never appealed to me, for some reason.

I play guitar. Though I'm in a bit of a rut at the moment, just lacking the motivation to play, which is kinda bad seeing as for the first time I've got a reasonably motivated group of Muso's to make some kinda band with.

Guess I should go through my equipment.

I think that's everything, ahah.

i used to play but then life got in the way, im hopeing i can get some free time so i can learn the new Alter Bridge Albums' songs and just keep playing.

just talking about it makes me want to plug my guitar into my amp and just shred, but thats probably not a good idea considering its about 1:00 in the morning lol
Then shred without the amp.

If you really want to do it, you will. Never turn up a chance to practice, even if you can't do it with silly amounts of distortion Wink
(Dec. 03, 2011  7:04 AM)th!nk Wrote: Then shred without the amp.

If you really want to do it, you will. Never turn up a chance to practice, even if you can't do it with silly amounts of distortion Wink

i also jammed my left pinky playing dodgeball in school, so it may be a little difficult considering i love hammer-ons and playing some what fast but i will definatly try in the morning

Hm....I don't own professional gear. I only play with a Global guitar. (The brand name is Global.) The guitar and a capo is the only gear I have. I play tabs mostly but I play normally (chords) on occasions that I need to anyway.
The wait for Christmas is painful! My amp got here yesterday, and I have to wait!

I'm going to an understanding music seminar next year, that my dad went to last year. He's decided to push me to chase my real dream, music, even if it means that I will be dropping out of uni (I don't really have the ability to finish my degree and I can always go back to it, right now I'm just wasting money and hurting my future chances).

So that's kinda cool, now I just have to practice harder!
I like guitars a lot, though I have no knowledge of it.
I would love to own and play one, but I probably won't be able to do that for the next few years due to personal reasons. Tongue_out

(Dec. 15, 2011  3:11 PM)th!nk Wrote: The wait for Christmas is painful! My amp got here yesterday, and I have to wait!

I'm going to an understanding music seminar next year, that my dad went to last year. He's decided to push me to chase my real dream, music, even if it means that I will be dropping out of uni (I don't really have the ability to finish my degree and I can always go back to it, right now I'm just wasting money and hurting my future chances).

So that's kinda cool, now I just have to practice harder!

And you said you ain't getting anything for Christmas! Tongue_out
Hm, we hardly have such seminars here... Means we do, but its usually about Indian Classical Music and not Guitars.
And, Best of Luck!
Honestly, just try and get one. My guitars have helped me through so many rough times, I'd probably be dead without them, or as good as.

To anyone who is scared to try, or has tried and found it "too hard", I had sub par finger strength, extremely poor fine motor skills, and a total inability to learn musical notation, but I practised, it only takes 15-30 minutes a day to learn (though, being me, I was doing 4+ hours a day), and tabs, especially those for programs which can play them as midi, basically mean that learning notation isn't totally necessary (though I'd advise everyone to learn it, in the long term it is very important, I seem to have some rather odd difficulties with it, but generally, it's not hard to learn). Even I almost quit a few times, but watching live videos of my favourite guitarists got me through. Anyone can play guitar, if they really want to.

As for the seminar, it's similar to a music lesson, or... giving you the tools and understanding you need to teach yourself... It's hard to explain, but I'm extremely excited.
Hah. I only own one guitar, and it's a Yamaha FX370C. I never really got into it, but I was interested for a while. I only know one song: "The Only Exception" by Paramore. I have tried to learn other songs countless times but it always drove me to the point of giving up.
Got a new amp for christmas. Egnater Tweaker 15H (15 watt head).

IT IS AMAZING!

The range of tones in that little lunchbox amp is just unreal, and all of them sound fantastic. It deserves all the praise it gets (also, anyone who says it can't do "metal", one: it can. Two: if it still isn't stupidly distorted enough, drive pedals are cheap, as are higher gain pickups. Three: if you needed point two to get there, you either have poor taste in tone or were too lazy to fiddle with it properly).

Seriously, it's basically made my beloved overdrive/distortion pedals completely redundant :o Why I didn't just get this amp in the first place I'll never know!

I've been playing guitar for 7 years, bass for 6 years, keyboards for 4 years, producing for 5 years. I also sing but in my own opinion, I sound awful when I do sing.
I love fender stuff. Single coils are very versatile to me and I also have a hot rails pickup Grin. I got me a fender mustang 3 amp as well.
Man, it's a shame to see spammers posting Agile guitars (thrice in this thread so far, all deleted now), it hurts their (very good) reputation... They do make quality stuff that plays well out of their price range, and they've become quite popular by word of mouth, so this kind of marketing is not only ugly, but totally unnecessary, as well as being largely counterproductive...

I'm a humbucker person, but then there's a huge range within that category. Clean strats are nice, though. I have a huge fondness for the sound of a P-90 in the neck position, that singing, somewhat bell-like tone, and the overall roundness of single notes...

That said, my main guitar is HSH. It was SSH but I put a stacked humbucker (dimarzio air norton S) in the neck. The bridge pickup is a Bareknuckle Nailbomb, just an absolutely incredible pickup. The middle pickup is stock, and I added a "neck on" switch so I can have every possible combination of pickups (in whatever the usual wiring is I forget ok). I should really replace it all with a pot-switch or whatever, as fiddling with two pickups to go from Bridge alone to all Three and back is a pain. This is all in my ol' yamaha pacifica 121, I'm yet to find a guitar that felt so comfortable and sounded so right.
I play guitar. I have an Ibanez Gio, 350417 ( I think. It's used)
Looks like a GAX model to me from the body shape. It's my favourite body shape for guitars, I have an Ibanez AX7 (the seven string version) Smile

I'd imagine the 350417 is the serial number, not the model. But yeah, it's some kinda GAX (Gio AX)

*revives topic*

So I have been playing for about 9 months now, and I have made some progress: Palm Muting, Alternate Picking, Bending, Vibrato, Pinch Harmonics, Violin Swells, Tapping, Natural Harmonics, Tap Harmonics, Hammer ons and Pull offs, Whammy Bar Tricks, Improvisation ( Moderate level), and learning songs by ear(I did "His World" By Zebrahead Yesterday!!! Grin) (some of these things were done a Loooong time ago). I really enjoy playing as I play 2-3 hours a day.

I'm going to need a new guitar soon as I currently have a Squier SE Special Strat,(that I don't use anymore cuz I have->) Squier Hot Rails Stratocaster. I have a Mustang III 100 Watt amp and a Crappy Squier 10 watt amp. The Mustang III has everything. Planning to get a Lake Placid Blue Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster with Maple Fretboard and changing bridge pickup to Seymour Duncan Hotrails, Middle to either a Fender Vintage Noiseless or Seymour Duncan SSL-5, and Neck pickup to a Seymour Duncan Cool Rails or Vintage Rails to make an Ultimate Axe. Grin I want another Stratocaster Due to its lightweight bodyshape and comfort. Looks cool too. Les Pauls just aren't for me even though they suit my style. Just feels really weird.

The only thing I am struggling with is Bending Vibrato for some reason... I have my thumb anchored properly and my fingers are slanted when Bending. I only have trouble with the Higher 3 Strings though... Lower three are easy to do Bending Vibrato on. Anyone out there who could possibly help me out?
I recently wanted to learn how to play a guitar once more since i gave up last time, Um I was wondering is a warlock worth getting in terms of handiling? Because i got a coffin case and i want a matching guitar...or would a flying V be good?
If you don't know how to play a guitar, do not buy an expensive guitar as your first.

This advice applies to absolutely all musical instruments.
(May. 09, 2012  1:50 AM)Hazel Wrote: If you don't know how to play a guitar, do not buy an expensive guitar as your first.

This advice applies to absolutely all musical instruments.

I guess I should start acoustic huh? well seems reasonable it is a starting point...
It is not really "mandatory", but most do suggest you start with it.

If you absolutely cannot stand the sound or something, it will not set you back too much, but your first guitar should still be moderately affordable, rather than something fancy.
(May. 09, 2012  1:38 AM)Clonetos Wrote: I recently wanted to learn how to play a guitar once more since i gave up last time, Um I was wondering is a warlock worth getting in terms of handiling? Because i got a coffin case and i want a matching guitar...or would a flying V be good?
I have a warlock and it's awesome, but it's not a beginner guitar. Anyway I also have an acoustic guitar, it's an Amigo AM12,[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOb2IHHYkWQKlVl9pSILI...Y_0MBWWKNQ][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYYyHdkUQo6sfP1Oz5aAW...K_cR1YjcLO]. I am currently trying to do a cover of Oppa Gangam Style.

I really like Guitar and i love to play it but i didn't know how to play it now i am going to take guitar class from my friend
I play the guitar,but not many songs.
I only wanted to perfect Kasabian's songs,along with some songs by The Killers
i'm currently starting to learn heavy metal.
i have to go to my Sir's house to learn it as i don't own an electric guitar.No wonder his neighbours are annoyed with him always :P
I have played guitar for a year and a half now, I own a 50th anniversary Fender Squier Strat that once had a tremolo, but not anymore, I also own a Fender 15 watt amp. I usually am able to play any song that I want thanks to guitar squid app from my android.

The songs that I have played perfectly so far:
All The Small Things - Blink 182
Holiday - Green Day
Oh Love - Green Day
What I've Done - Linkin' Park
Give Me One Good Reason - Blink 182
The Middle - Jimmy Eat World
Misery Business - Paramore
Everlong - Foo Fighters

These are all the songs that I know, most of them are in EADGBe while Everlong and The Middle are in Drop D.