Guitar Topic

It's been forever since this thread has been posted in, but I thought it might be nice to get some conversation going about this.

I own an Epiphone SG and a random strat copy. Marshall MG30 amp but it's so old it's completely carped. Planning to get a better amp as soon as I can afford it. No bashing on my SG for being epiphone btw, nitro covered gibson necks are sticky, not to mention gibsons are well out of my price range and epiphone is actually owned BY gibson now...

I learn by ear, no tabs used yet and I've been playing a little over a year, though I still wouldn't consider myself to be good. Mostly work on improvisation and occasionally learn a song by ear.
ive been playing guitar for 2 and a half years now
i have a:
fender starcaster
some 20 year old bass
and a acoustic

current song im learning is
BFMV-hand of blood
(May. 12, 2010  7:24 PM)Spartan JA17 Wrote: ive been playing guitar for 2 and a half years now
i have a:
fender starcaster
some 20 year old bass
and a acoustic

BFMV-hand of blood

Real strat? Mexican/American and what year of make? Joyful_3

You learn via tabs or by ear? Smile
mmm... I only have one acoustic guitar =( and it´s from Michoacan Pinching_eyes_2
(May. 12, 2010  7:28 PM)Pikachao Wrote:
(May. 12, 2010  7:24 PM)Spartan JA17 Wrote: ive been playing guitar for 2 and a half years now
i have a:
fender starcaster
some 20 year old bass
and a acoustic

BFMV-hand of blood

Real strat? Mexican/American and what year of make? Joyful_3

You learn via tabs or by ear? Smile

strat?
and i learn by both(i can tune by ear as wellSmile)
list of guitars:
fender starcaster

some 20 year old bass

and a acoustic-valeta model CD5107

(May. 12, 2010  10:59 PM)Spartan JA17 Wrote: strat?

Sorry, I saw starcaster, read stratocaster. Pinching_eyes_2

I've never been able to tune by ear haha. <3 Korg tuners.
I've been playing guitar for about 5 years now.
I started off as a self-taught shredder, but soon realised that there is already an abundance of them
and my guitar teacher got me into progressive music. He showed me that Australia in particular has an awesome prog rock scene.

At the moment I have three electric guitars, two acoustics and a bass guitar.
My main guitar is an ESP LTD M-300 (The 1999 model, not the new one)
[Image: 6040_137774625428_618630428_3800525_5716322_n.jpg]

I also own a 1957 reissue Fender Strat, which I recently just had serviced and found out it's an extremely rare prototype and is worth about 5 times the amount I paid Tongue_out

My other guitar is a bit of a mess... We were never quite sure of the brand because someone had painted over the headstock. Although, the neck plays almost as well as the Fender. My dad and I are pulling the neck off it and making a new guitar body out of Australian Timber.

My live set-up is pretty simple:
ENGL Thunder 50 Valve Head going through a 2x12" cab that my dad and I made.
As for effects I either use a BOSS ME-50, Digitech RP-6 or a BOSS SD-1 and CE-3.
I'm saving up for a Line 6 M13.

I could talk about this stuff all day...
(May. 15, 2010  1:41 PM)Pikachao Wrote:
(May. 12, 2010  10:59 PM)Spartan JA17 Wrote: strat?

Sorry, I saw starcaster, read stratocaster. Pinching_eyes_2

I've never been able to tune by ear haha. <3 Korg tuners.

haha lol yea but i took musical studys in school and you have to play like 1 song per month for your 2 solos e.g. voice and guitar(like a assesment -electirc and bass were mine) so ive been doing that course for 2 years now and im about to do Higher musicSmile so thats kind of how i can tune to earSmile
I forgot to mention earlier that Jeff Beck is probably the greatest guitarist alive IMO.
(May. 12, 2010  5:26 PM)Pikachao Wrote: It's been forever since this thread has been posted in, but I thought it might be nice to get some conversation going about this.

I own an Epiphone SG and a random strat copy. Marshall MG30 amp but it's so old it's completely carped. Planning to get a better amp as soon as I can afford it. No bashing on my SG for being epiphone btw, nitro covered gibson necks are sticky, not to mention gibsons are well out of my price range and epiphone is actually owned BY gibson now...

I learn by ear, no tabs used yet and I've been playing a little over a year, though I still wouldn't consider myself to be good. Mostly work on improvisation and occasionally learn a song by ear.

Try and get your hands on a Tony Iommi signature Epiphone SG. It's cheap (£300 or so) and has several Gibson parts. I own one of these, a Fender Strat and a Stagg bass.
Also I dabble in changing parts around. It can be quite cheap if you shop around.
The best Epiphone SG you can get is an Elitist model.
They're made in Japan and my dad bought one over there for about 700 AUD with Gibson pickups installed.
I'm not too sure if you can get them outside of Japan though.

They play pretty much exactly like an actual Gibson, we borrowed my cousin's late 90s SG to compare it and the feel of the neck was almost identical.

(May. 17, 2010  7:21 PM)Giga Wrote: Also I dabble in changing parts around. It can be quite cheap if you shop around.

Which parts are you changing around btw?
Bridge and pickups.
Oh okay, what sort of pickups?
And why are you changing the bridge around?
I use a floyd rose style bridge. And Angus Young Pickups.
(May. 29, 2010  2:16 PM)Giga Wrote: I use a floyd rose style bridge. And Angus Young Pickups.

Man I had such a bad experience with floyds
Got a ibanez rg350dx (could be ex, which ever is the black one)
The flyod rose was broken.
I had to send it back to music store 2times who send it ibanez.
Ibanez didn't fix it.
Rofl I was the store first ibanez return.
And I went to a fixed bridge ibanez a sz320
I also got a retroflex crate amp
and just got a acoustic ibanez last black friday

I dropped least a grand total on my babies.

Hm we should post vids of our selfs playing?
I play elec. guitar, i have a fender strat. I suck at playing, i can only play n00b songs. Tongue_out
RG series Ibanez guitars are terrible. The necks on them feel like they're made at a $400 standard.
Even the 5 grand JEM I played felt that way.

I hear you about the floyd issue though.
I bought my guitar under the assumption that I'd be using it all the time,
turns out it's just a gimmick that shredders are obsessed with.
I've blocked my Floyd now because not being able to change tunings without unlocking the nut was a massive hassle.
Yeah, I am having with my fixed bridge.
I can play anything on it.
But I just love playing hardcore music ha
[/quote]
Hm we should post vids of our selfs playing?
[/quote]

sounds like a planSmile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bL98Z1ZZH4

It's not really just playing guitar, but I suppose it fits in here.
This is my full-band cover of 'Rock the Dragon' from Dragonball Z, recorded and performed by just me.
i play a little guitar but i am not good
I have a few of my own.

A 1984 Charvel Model 6,and a locally made Les Paul Custom.Just one amp though,a Peavey Backstage Plus.Just one effect too,a Morley Bad Horsie Wah Pedal.

Hard Rock and Metal <3 ^^
Ive been playing guitar for about a year now and I own about 2 guitars an ESP LTD Mv-200 electric and a Fender Acoustic not sure what model it is. Im more aquainted with my acoustic but Id like to be more aquainted with my electric considering Im in a screamo band.
*revives thread*

I have an ESP LTD Viper-10, a Dean Evo XM and a Dean M-10 Amp. I seriously need to get a wah... Pinching_eyes_2 I've been playing for.... 4 months, about.