[Grand Rapids, MI, 8/18/12] Summers Last Blast

on
Hosted by
  Coach
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Battle of the Millennium: Summer Last Blast

Please Read and be familiar with WBO Standard Rules
Zero-G beyblades are now legal!

Place:
Millenium Park Picnic Shelter A Map to Millenium Park Directions

Date:
Saturday August 18
Time:
Registration 11:30-12:30pm be on time!
Tournament starts at 12:45pm

Stadiums: MFB BB-10's are the only legal stadiums used in WBO tournaments.

Format:
8-11 bladers will be full Round Robin with 3 blader championship round.
12-24 bladers will be block round robin. With winners moving on to championship
24+ bladers will result in a Double Elimination tournament!

Fees:
Standard WBO fees $5 for entry, $10 for passport.
If you're getting a blader passport please get it before the tournament if possible.

Prizes: Hasbro Metal Fury Starter Sets
[Image: 2012-08-05_16-18-17_262.jpg]

Bladers:

1. Yuko Ray14
  2. PANAsher
  3. Coach
  4. DaWRETCHED-one
  5. The Archer
  6. AMARvelous
  7. Phantom W
  8. Libraten
  9. LDragoten
  10. Zoro786
  11. Moah2112
  12. Diablo Nemisis
  13. MBM...Remiix no show
  14. MBM...Hades no show
  15. MBM...Kerbecs no show
  16. Cake
  17. Guardian Revizer
  18. Basalt Spam
  19. Blitz Unicorno3
  20. jakequetz3
  21. Beybladesunny
  22. Blad3r X no show
  23. OzzyB
  24. John712
  25. Darklord247
  26. DragoonHFG
  27. AquaBlader20

Possibles:

1. Blaziken
  2. PattyCakeChamp!
  3. LBladerKalen
  4. LBladerNoah
  5. Gasher Master

Tournament Supporter/Judge (blader only if needed): Madoka's Spirit

You Must be Signed up with your Username, not "and a few friends" on here before the Day of the Tournament to Guarantee a spot! THANK YOU!

Coach's Corner Store:
As always if you're buying please show up at least 15 minutes before registration, so I'm not selling items while trying to setup the format of the tournament. Thank you!
  • STADIUMS!!!:
  • $30 Orange BB-10 tournament quality
  • $20 Black BB-10 practice only stadium (a few flaws in the surface have occured) SOLD
  • $30 BRAND NEW Sonokong Tornado Attack stadium for Plastics and HMS beys!
    ACCESSORIES
  • $15 3x "Black" Launcher Grip BB-15
  • $14 1x Beylauncher L/R
  • $10 3x string launchers 2x red, 1x blue (these are just as strong as the Beylauncher L/R's I've been using one recently because my beylauncher l/r broke fyi)
    BEYS:
  • $25 Thief Phoenic E230 GCF guaranteed booster
  • $24 2x NIB Guardian Revizers starters (or both for $40)
  • $20 NIB Beat Lynx SOLD
  • $20 NIB Flash Sagittario SOLD
  • $18 1x NIP LDrago Destroy F: S Sonokong(no box no launcher)
  • $18 1x NIP Vari Ares D: D Sonokong(no box no launcher)
  • $18 1x NIP Phantom Orion B: D Sonokong(no box no launcher)
  • $8 2x NIP TT Storm Pegasis 105RF recolor from BB-32
  • $6 2x NIP TT Dark Wolf DF145FS recolor from BB-32
  • might have a few competitive MFB and Zero-G wheels for sale too.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Aug. 17, 2012  9:52 PM)Coach Wrote: Zoro and Moah great news.
This Tournament is going to be EPIC
We have bladers coming from 4 states, MI, Ohio, Indiana, and now Illinois! I can't wait and am very excited!
Detroit - Holland doesn't sound so big of a deal anymore when we have Ohio-Chicago now! this is good, real good. Hope the WBO is noticing whats going on in the Great Lakes.
This is pretty monumental, has to be some sort or record for anything other than Beydays!

No official statistics that I know of, but you are surely right up there near the top!
Even though i live in California, I wish my best luck to all of the participants, and Coach, you did a very good job hosting tournaments during the Summer. You'd be the perfect person for us in California! Or The LA County, in particular. Anyways, good luck to you all.
Wow, this tournament might end up being double elimination, that stinks, then the noobs won't be able to have more battles.
Lol I like how over confident you are, You do know DaWRETCHED's last tournament he hosted, he went 2 and out...

But this will be awesome to see everybody again!
(Aug. 18, 2012  4:14 AM)Coach Wrote: Lol I like how over confident you are, You do know DaWRETCHED's last tournament he hosted, he went 2 and out...

But this will be awesome to see everybody again!

haha thanks, ya i remember hearing about that, and its been a while since we've seen DaWRETCHED, Panasher, cake and his friends, PCC, and Yuko
Lol, I know 6 other WBO people within Warsaw... If one more person came, I could host a tournament. XD
Hi what am I missing?
Final Results MFB Tournament
1st Place: Diablo Nemisis using Phantom Nemisis BD145MB
2nd Place: The Archer using Saramander Saramander BD145ES, L-Drago Destroy BD145RDF
3rd Place: Coach using MSF Saramander Phoenic BD145EDS (Loss), MF Diablo Kerbecs H145CS(1-1), MF-H Duo Pisces 230MB, MF-H L-Drago Guardian BD145RDF

Diablo and Archer, add anything else you used, if there was anything.
I used too much that's why I loss should have stuck with my staple blades Diablo wasn't a horrid choice but Saramander Phoenic was...

This was a great tournament where people were humbled and some finally made it. Never get too cocky and never settle on your past success. And for me, stick to my guns, I never pulled out my Flash Orion and I suffered a couple losses because of it.
I did not win but I hit the coach really hard
YAY!! I got second place. I'm bummed that I didn't get first. But just wait diablo nemesis, I'll be beating you next time.
I might have lost, but i made it to third round and got to battle Yuko. Just wait till next time.
How did Yuko do in the tournament
he went 0-2, but there was some sort of mix-up, so ya
What do you mean mix up?
Talk to Coach, I don't know the full details
Ok I will btw great job On second. Also
Seeing
These combos I would've been way up there
thanks, haha, to win against us with our own combination, you would have to launch harder than us, I know that I will be studying Diablo's combination to see what bey can defeat it.
Launching is my specialty. My combos are a lot like the ones upnthere
Seriously blaze you run your mouth quite a lot for having just 1008 points...
The #1 Blader went 0-2
The #2 went 2-2
The #3 Blader went 3-2
The #4 Blader went 2-2
And you're running your mouth when you've been to multiple tournaments and only have 8 more points than you started with. Highly annoying and that whole conversation could have been done through PM.
(Aug. 19, 2012  3:34 AM)The Archer Wrote: he went 0-2, but there was some sort of mix-up, so ya

Yeah he beat somebody he wasn't supposed to battling so it didn't count so he went 0-2
(Aug. 19, 2012  2:07 AM)Coach Wrote: Final Results MFB Tournament
1st Place: Diablo Nemisis using Phantom Nemisis BD145MB
2nd Place: The Archer using Saramander Saramander BD145ES, L-Drago Destroy BD145RDF
3rd Place: Coach using MSF Saramander Phoenic BD145EDS (Loss), MF Diablo Kerbecs H145CS(1-1), MF-H Duo Pisces 230MB, MF-H L-Drago Guardian BD145RDF

Diablo and Archer, add anything else you used, if there was anything.
I used too much that's why I loss should have stuck with my staple blades Diablo wasn't a horrid choice but Saramander Phoenic was...

This was a great tournament where people were humbled and some finally made it. Never get too cocky and never settle on your past success. And for me, stick to my guns, I never pulled out my Flash Orion and I suffered a couple losses because of it.

really suprised about Phantom Nemisis BD145MB, Diablo H145CS, and Saramander 2 BD145ES. What did u guys go against
Even though I lost I am still quite happy that at least if I dont get a freebie in the state championships I still get to battle in the qualifiers. And I am actually kinda happy that it was that big of a deal to beat me lol! And one more thing panasher and I accualy joined forces for the zero g tournament
(Aug. 19, 2012  4:25 PM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote: Even though I lost I am still quite happy that at least if I don't get a freebie in the state championships I still get to battle in the qualifiers. And I am actually kinda happy that it was that big of a deal to beat me lol! And one more thing panasher and I actually joined forces for the zero g tournament
you and panasher joined forces, wow if only i was there.