Going Away/Coming Back Topic

Some do, some don't. At least, Dual does not seem like the sort of "cool person" who ends up flipping the finger to Beyblade the second it appears to die, so you then realise that these "cool people" were really never that cool hah ... All in all, just be wary of people you consider cool, because perhaps they never really respected Beyblade or never wanted to pursue anything with fellow Bladers.

Dual, had you delved into Beyblade Burst yet ? I hope that perhaps, in upcoming systems of Burst, it will come to interest you again. But of course, some things cannot be helped, so good luck in your future endeavours.
Zed EX: Sorry, haha. Like I said, I'll try and stick around, but we'll see.

Kai-V: I did, briefly, buying two beyblades, but I just didn't get into it as much as I hoped I would. I'll probably buy something from the upcoming releases, but especially now that I have college applications to worry about, I won't have the time I used to have, at least not for a few months. As for the whole leaving beyblades as soon as it dies, no, that's definitely not me, haha. I've stuck by it this whole time and was really excited for Burst. Now...I don't know. Maybe once I find time (and it warms up) I can try to get a tournament together and reignite my passion for it. We'll see, and anyhow, thank you for the kind words!
Very sad news for me. Much like Tri, Dual was one of my first friends on this site.

Not just a good friend, but one of the nicest members around here. I'm really going to miss you on the site, for me, it won't be the same without some of the people I first met on here. That being said, the reason you have to go is totally understandable because I'm having a difficult time balancing this hobby with everything else going on in my life, myself. Hope we can see you back soon, Dual- I'll be waiting for you to come back, haha.
Okay, I am actually leaving this time (I'm sure you can tell, because I have been absent for a few months). I will be on for a week or two trying to sell my beyblades, but otherwise, I'm off the WBO. I've made lots of friends here and this was always a fun site. Bye ^^
(Oct. 20, 2015  4:30 PM)Meta madness Wrote: And i'm back~

Time to play catch up!

You left?

(Oct. 20, 2015  5:16 AM)Ocean Wrote: Okay, I am actually leaving this time (I'm sure you can tell, because I have been absent for a few months). I will be on for a week or two trying to sell my beyblades, but otherwise, I'm off the WBO. I've made lots of friends here and this was always a fun site. Bye ^^

why Unhappy?
Somebody is leaving again ? What the hell...

Anyway, hope to see you back someday, I guess.
(Oct. 20, 2015  7:21 PM)MissingNo. Wrote: Somebody is leaving again ? What the hell...

Anyway, hope to see you back someday, I guess.

Same here.

Seems like Burst is driving members away, though I doubt it.
People grow out of hobbies and interests all the time. The fact that this thread is 225 pages long can attest to that. Wink
I know, but even if you lost your interest in beyblade, it doesn't mean that you have to leave the forum. There's a lot of threads where we can discuss of almost anything.
(Oct. 20, 2015  5:16 AM)Ocean Wrote: Okay, I am actually leaving this time (I'm sure you can tell, because I have been absent for a few months). I will be on for a week or two trying to sell my beyblades, but otherwise, I'm off the WBO. I've made lots of friends here and this was always a fun site. Bye ^^
Awe this sucks. Is there anyway the members can contact you? Email? FB? Pm me Wink
(Oct. 20, 2015  7:11 PM)Zed EX Wrote:
(Oct. 20, 2015  4:30 PM)Meta madness Wrote: And i'm back~

Time to play catch up!

You left?

lolyep.
Before I even start this post, I want to throw out the disclaimer that this is not meant to be a sob story or an attention-seeking-sympathy story. This is why I am so torn between staying on the site or not. Here it goes …

I have sever anxiety. I'm not talking about the stereotypical teenage feeling of anxiety, I'm saying that I was diagnosed with sever anxiety and depression earlier this year. I was put on an antidepressant, but I no longer take them due to the suicidal thoughts they caused me. I take everything to heart. I have mental breakdowns for something as simple as dropping my phone, which leads to me looking at the way my life has played out the past years, and so forth. I've been on this rough path for a while and I've had to cope with it, hide it, and make sure I didn't do anything permanent to myself.

With how my brain works, I always have the feeling I am looked over. I can explain it in no better way. I feel so unimportant to everyone about everything. It's like I'm a broken bulb and everyone else is fluorescent. I feel like I've missed my chance at opportunities to do something great for the WBO so many times. The reason I used to try so hard on here was because I felt like I had nothing to do in the real world. Nothing. That's how I see myself.

Immature right? Well, I can't help how I feel. I really can NOT. I have been a member for almost 4 years. I love so many people on this site and to see everyone I "grew" with on here achieve more than I did put lot of stress on me. I don't know what to do anymore guys. I'm torn by a message board about spinning tops, aka my childhood. I just hope you all understand what I am saying. I just want my head to be understood by more than just one person, who isn't even me.
(Oct. 23, 2015  3:58 AM)Tri Wrote: Before I even start this post, I want to throw out the disclaimer that this is not meant to be a sob story or an attention-seeking-sympathy story. This is why I am so torn between staying on the site or not. Here it goes …

I have sever anxiety. I'm not talking about the stereotypical teenage feeling of anxiety, I'm saying that I was diagnosed with sever anxiety and depression earlier this year. I was put on an antidepressant, but I no longer take them due to the suicidal thoughts they caused me. I take everything to heart. I have mental breakdowns for something as simple as dropping my phone, which leads to me looking at the way my life has played out the past years, and so forth. I've been on this rough path for a while and I've had to cope with it, hide it, and make sure I didn't do anything permanent to myself.

With how my brain works, I always have the feeling I am looked over. I can explain it in no better way. I feel so unimportant to everyone about everything. It's like I'm a broken bulb and everyone else is fluorescent. I feel like I've missed my chance at opportunities to do something great for the WBO so many times. The reason I used to try so hard on here was because I felt like I had nothing to do in the real world. Nothing. That's how I see myself.

Immature right? Well, I can't help how I feel. I really can NOT. I have been a member for almost 4 years. I love so many people on this site and to see everyone I "grew" with on here achieve more than I did put lot of stress on me. I don't know what to do anymore guys. I'm torn by a message board about spinning tops, aka my childhood. I just hope you all understand what I am saying. I just want my head to be understood by more than just one person, who isn't even me.

Not immature at all. If this is how you feel, that´s nothing to look down on. But I can assure you, that we all love you as well and we really miss you. You may feel like you have missed a lot of chances to contribute, but what we see is the lot of chances you´ve already taken and made WBO what it is today. To us, you´re absolutely not like a broken bulb but a very light one. I understand how you feel, but actually not why you feel this way, because you have absolutely no reason. You´re a great person and we all know that. So, if you´re looking for an advice whether or not to eventually leave, I say: Stay. Please. Smile Maybe we can help you, if you´re feeling down again, even if it´s not in person but "only" pm.
(Oct. 23, 2015  3:58 AM)Tri Wrote: Before I even start this post, I want to throw out the disclaimer that this is not meant to be a sob story or an attention-seeking-sympathy story. This is why I am so torn between staying on the site or not. Here it goes …

@[Tri] - It's okay Tri, I've always had the same experience as you (and it's still happening now) when it comes having mental breakdowns, depression or feeling so unimportant. I can relate.

But everyone loves having you around whether you are doing something important or not. You've always been cool to everyone and had a laugh so we'll never forget that. Besides, you are a godsend compared to me. I am destined to be a failure in the WBO but you, I know you will succeed. At least people actually talk to you and have friendly conversations so this this should indicate that everyone likes you here.

Remember that you are not just a member in our eyes, you're not just a good friend in our eyes, you're like family to the WBO (sorry if that was cheesy).

If you do go then I wish you good luck dude. But just remember that no one is going to look over you and we'll all miss having you around. Good luck and farewell Tri Smile

People obviously care about each other here, this is something you probably SHOULDN'T leave.

There isn't pressure though, just do what YOU'd like Smile.
@[Tri], it breaks my heart to read this. I too have struggled with similar issues my whole life, with the involvement of various antidepressants. (In the end, it's a personality disorder that cannot be treated with medication.) I sincerely hope you are seeing a therapist you can talk to in addition to taking medication. If not, do everything you can to get in touch with one. I am willing to help.

For what it's worth, while I'm still getting reacquainted with the community I've enjoyed the posts and threads of yours that I've read. Know that nobody here is ignoring you, and that you haven't missed opportunities. We are always desperate for knowledgeable members who write good content. You're definitely in that category.

If you want to talk about how you can get more involved with the WBO, send me a PM! Let me know what kind of stuff you're interested in. I'm sure we could use your help.

If the WBO is an escape for you, know that we will always be here for you. At the same time, while escapism is fine in small doses, it can wreak havoc on your life if it comes to dominate it. I don't say this to stress you out or anything; more to give advice from personal experience. Running away is easy and often feels good, but we never learn to become better if we refuse to face every challenge.

This is something a therapist can help you with and support you through, so again, please seek out help. And again, I will help you find one if you don't know how. And if you just want to talk, I'm available anytime.

I really want the WBO to be a safe space for its members, and more than that, an actual source of positive social communication. I'm sorry that you've felt like your contributions haven't been appreciated, but know that it isn't true.

I have to agree with Brad, it does break my heart reading this, there's nothing wron with opening up your emotions, if anything it allows us to help you or at least try to make you feel better because if you repressed those feelings, it's not healthy, I don't think?

I also seem to have some issues of my own, I'm always paranoid and usually sad when I see others have something I can't get myself without some sort of difficulty and I always feel restricted to what I can do, but they're not as big as yours so I couldn't imagine how bad you must feel, and all I can do is give you my condolences. You've done many great things on the WBO, I wish I could do as good as you could, you've given something to the WBO and I think that should be good enough, it would be for me, I still have to thank you for allowing me to post my Fan Series.

None of us are perfect, we all make mistakes or feel useless, I feel that many times, there's nothing I could say to help you with this, apart from telling you that you have still accomplished a lot of the WBO, you should look at what good you did rather than how much good you did compared to others, be strong there my friend.

But if you choose to leave then I hope you know that we'll always miss you and you're welcome back here any time you want, we need more good members like you, infact, I want to accomplish as much as you and If I left, I would know I left something behind and no one can take that away from you.

Tri—Having suffered from depression and anxiety for many years, I can understand and sympathize with much of what you feel. It's natural for the feeling of being judged or even subtly disliked to be amplified online, where one's words or actions can easily be taken out of context, but the World Beyblade Organization is one of the safest and friendliest forums I have ever come across, and I can assure you that you are certainly important. In your time here, you have hosted tournaments, served as moderator for a portion of the forum, earned highly sought-after Faces that serve as proof of your accomplishments, and achieved many other things that most members can only hope for. If you are referring to being a Mentor specifically, then that is up to the discretion of the committee, but will certainly be a possibility if you stick around and continue to contribute. I can think of several other members that have been here for years and accomplished many things, but have yet to be promoted to Mentor status. In any case, I'm not sure if public discussion is the best place to post something of this nature. Explaining the challenges that you face to a close friend on or off the WBO, or even to a therapist, will probably help you get the support that you need on a more personal level than what you're receiving right now.

Really sorry to read this dude... I'm no vet here but even I know of all the stuff you've contributed! Members like you are who I strive to be at some point - making real contributions to the WBO with knowledge and and helpfulness. So please, don't feel overlooked, you're far from it! There are thousands and thousands of members on this site, but yours is a name I always recognize when I see it. Remember that.

I have had similar feelings in this community (and others) for a long time, Tri. Sure, I might have my fancy italicized username and a couple of cool faces, but I don't think my contributions will ever stack up to the likes of Ingulit or TBD. I've always looked up to those two as role models of an excellent, active, productive community member - first Ingulit as someone who logically and scientifically analyzes and tests combos, and isn't afraid to try goofy stuff - and later TheBlackDragon, as a "me that could have been"; TBD joined the WBO fairly late into MFB's life cycle, but still proceeded to leap into action, learning and testing at an incredible rate that quickly made him one of the biggest contributors ever to the MFB metagame. I never really was able to do much testing - I just can't afford to buy the new parts every time something comes out, and I still don't really have everything I need to be competitive. I don't even have two Wyvangs or the Rose Gold face yet. So as I watched this member go from being the new guy to being a highly respected and generally awesome member of the community, I felt guilty and honestly pretty envious. In my first year I managed to bumble around the forums and do nothing of consequence, while TheBlackDragon goes off and does all sorts of cool stuff in his first year. I still kind of feel like I haven't tried hard enough, haven't spent enough time doing things for the WBO, and I'm really experiencing a lot of the same old feelings now that Burst is starting up - I just can't afford to buy tons of new parts that will just be outclassed in a few months anyways. Burst's wearing issues doesn't improve things, either.

But the thing I've found to be most important, both on these forums and in real life, is that in the end, it doesn't matter if you're the most prolific tester, article writer, tournament host, or whatever. I don't have to be the best at something to have value, and the little contributions that I do make still matter to the people I've helped. No matter how much time or effort you have dedicated to this community, take pride in what you have done, even if it's not as impressive as the accomplishments of others.

I nearly cried while trying to write this, jeez. Being content with my accomplishments has been one of the hardest lessons I have learned, and has become even more important now that I'm in college. As you get into higher levels of study, and begin to work your way among the ranks of more skilled people, there will be more and more times where, to quote one of my engineering profs, "you feel like you are the dumbest person in the room". Whether you actually are the dumbest one, or even if you are the smartest one, is irrelevant. Everyone can make a useful contribution, and everyone should take pride in good work.

If you love this community, and enjoy the experience the WBO provides, I think you should stay. Try not to feel too pressured by the accomplishments of others; no one will look down on you because you don't have enough testing threads, or haven't won enough battles. Encourage others, be impressed with their successes, but don't worry about not being in the spotlight. External praise is just a bonus, not a requirement - remain happy and content with yourself, and that's all the recognition you need.
Yeah, everyone's contribution matters, no matter how big or small. Not everyone has the time and money to buy and test tons of parts. Not everyone has the time to make huge contributions otherwise. That is certainly nothing to be ashamed of, I am actually somewhat ashamed that I do spend all of my money on beys and play with them all the time, lol. Everyone has their own unique perspective and the combination of those perspectives is what makes this or any organization so great. Every member has their own unique value that cannot necessarily be quantified by their number of beys, posts or tests. You seem like you did try your hardest to contribute as much as you possibly could and that is the most this organization can ask of anyone. You seem like a great dude and a definite asset to this community, even though I don't really know you. I would love to see you stay and make this organization that much better, but, in the end, you have to do whatever is right for you.
If there is ant place that I have felt actual support for my state of mind, it has been the WBO. I don't take real life as seriously as I should as a consequence of putting so much effort into a message board. This is my place. I don't know where my life would be without the WBO and the people I've met. Probably not a good place.

As much as I regret my post before, at least you guys know a bit more about how I feel. I sound like a crazy person, but i guess that's just who I am. I probably won't continue my goals on here at risk of this happening again, but I'm sticking around. I'll be online a lot.

Again, thanks everyone. You are some of the greatest people I know.
(Oct. 27, 2015  7:57 PM)Cake Wrote: But the thing I've found to be most important, both on these forums and in real life, is that in the end, it doesn't matter if you're the most prolific tester, article writer, tournament host, or whatever. I don't have to be the best at something to have value, and the little contributions that I do make still matter to the people I've helped. No matter how much time or effort you have dedicated to this community, take pride in what you have done, even if it's not as impressive as the accomplishments of others.

It's also important to remember that there is seriously nobody in the community who is scrutinizing the quantity of your contributions and comparing you to other members. We immensely appreciate all of it equally.