Silver Spring, MD
Tournament Results
MLK Jr. Park
1120 Jackson Rd
  Meet under the pavillion
1:00PM on 10/27/2019
Format
Burst Classic

Selected Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Host: The Supreme One

Time: As the tournament will start promptly at 1:00pm, please plan to arrive around 12:00pm when registration will begin. Registration will close at 12:45pm. If the participant cap has not been met at this time, waitlisted players will be offered a spot. Confirming your attendance on the WBO event page does not substitute for registration at the venue.

Prizes: Due to WBO funds currently being put on hold, prizes will not be offered at this event (fortunately this also means no entry fees!)

Other Information:
Please come prepared. It is helpful for both hosts and judges if all participants bring at least one Takara Tomy or Hasbro-manufactured Beyblade of their own and more than one launcher when possible. Additionally, parents of children under the age of 13 must be present for the duration of the event, as tournament end times can be difficult to estimate, and we would hate for someone to be left behind once it is over.

Be aware of your belongings. We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time. The tournament will begin no later than 1:00 PM and is expected to run for about 3 hours, though if there is a large turnout it may take longer. Please plan accordingly. If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!
[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade
[Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word! 
#BEYBLADE #MDBEYBLADE #WBO

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Ohhhhhh! My Grandparents will be here then but I'll Still Check! Besides they would bropably like to watch their grandson Blade!
Belyi Congrats on making it to the finals bracket in Baltimore!

This tournament in Silver Spring is a slightly different format, so please make sure you have beys and parts which are permitted in it!

The rules are here at https://docs.google.com/document/d/13dKt...p=drivesdk

A list of all the permitted parts are here at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...p=drivesdk

But basically, any layers you use have to be sufficiently early TT or Hasbro releases! That means none of the ChoZs or GTs, it's all going to be stuff like early Neptune and Valkyrie and Surtr S2 and Valtryek V2, etc. Same thing with the middle discs, and some of the tips!

Please make sure you've got a valid bey ready before you arrive!
Just a heads up, I might not be able to make it. I can't drive just yet, so my parents would have to take me, and it might not work well with their schedules.
(Oct. 23, 2019  12:35 AM)NatedogPhilly Wrote: Just a heads up, I might not be able to make it. I can't drive just yet, so my parents would have to take me, and it might not work well with their schedules.

Awww that’s a serious bummer. Hope you can make it!
I'll be interested in coming. Don't have any burst but I may look into picking some up and showing support.
There may be rain. We'll probably be okay, there's a big covered pavilion. The likelihood that someone has reserved it for an outdoor party in late October is low.
(Oct. 24, 2019  3:00 PM)Meow! Wrote: I'll be interested in coming. Don't have any burst but I may look into picking some up and showing support.

Hey, he’s alive! That’s great news Grin If NoahRC shows up he’ll likely be selling a bunch of new releases - we’ll also be running Zero-G after the Burst Classic event.
Haha unfortunately all my Metal Fight things are in another state. Won't have access to them by this weekend, but I'll try to get some of my old stuff back next time I visit.

I'd prefer to enter the Zero-G as I know way more about it, but I figured wouldn't be able to get a hold of any parts.
Does anyone have a Victory Valkrie Layer to sell, my second one just broke. Rip
Hey guys! It's great that this event has gotten so much interest Smile Looks like we'll have a bunch of new players this time around, so I want to remind everyone that the tournament will be a restricted part format! Myself and many of the other judges will not be lending beys out due to parts being lost/stolen in the past, so PLEASE be sure to bring at least one tournament-legal Beyblade if you are looking to participate on Sunday. I highly recommend reviewing the guide that DeceasedCrab posted on the first page if you have any questions!

The forecast is a little iffy for Sunday, but this event will be held rain or shine! As always, don't hesitate to reach out with any questions.
For real, all of you, please, please, please, read the rules
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13dKt...p=drivesdk

and the parts list. We keep it up to date!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...p=drivesdk

It always makes me sad when I have to tell a blader they can't use their bey or launcher at a tournament. Please be careful!
Also this is a capped event. If you signed up for this event and failed to show up leads to consequences.
(Oct. 26, 2019  5:00 PM)Yami Wrote: Also this is a capped event. If you signed up for this event and failed to show up leads to consequences.

Yes, if you know that you won't be able to make it, or don't want to attend if it's raining, PLEASE let me know as soon as possible so that someone else can take your place. For those who didn't have a chance to RSVP in time, I'd recommend showing up anyway! At the very least, we'll have free play areas (so bring your stadiums!) and it's likely that we'll be able to squeeze you in if we end up having no-shows.
We are at the park, where are you guys?
(Oct. 26, 2019  5:47 PM)Triple M Wrote: We are at the park, where are you guys?

I'm sorry to have to tell you this, but the tournament is tomorrow, not today.
(Oct. 26, 2019  5:05 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2019  5:00 PM)Yami Wrote: Also this is a capped event. If you signed up for this event and failed to show up leads to consequences.

Yes, if you know that you won't be able to make it, or don't want to attend if it's raining, PLEASE let me know as soon as possible so that someone else can take your place. For those who didn't have a chance to RSVP in time, I'd recommend showing up anyway! At the very least, we'll have free play areas (so bring your stadiums!) and it's likely that we'll be able to squeeze you in if we end up having no-shows.

Can you add me to the waitlist?
(Oct. 26, 2019  7:40 PM)Jaydog311 Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2019  5:05 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Yes, if you know that you won't be able to make it, or don't want to attend if it's raining, PLEASE let me know as soon as possible so that someone else can take your place. For those who didn't have a chance to RSVP in time, I'd recommend showing up anyway! At the very least, we'll have free play areas (so bring your stadiums!) and it's likely that we'll be able to squeeze you in if we end up having no-shows.

Can you add me to the waitlist?

Just come to the tournament to get on the waitlist. First come first serve basis.
(Oct. 26, 2019  7:40 PM)Jaydog311 Wrote: Can you add me to the waitlist?

Definitely just show up. These 45 people aren't all going to make it, especially not in the rain. Most of them who don't show probably won't even give reasons why! Grin
(Oct. 26, 2019  8:19 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Oct. 26, 2019  7:40 PM)Jaydog311 Wrote: Can you add me to the waitlist?

Definitely just show up. These 45 people aren't all going to make it, especially not in the rain. Most of them who don't show probably won't even give reasons why! Grin

Sadly this is probably true Tongue_out I’m not keeping a waitlist prior to the event, but we’ll probably have a spot for you.

For those who have RSVP’d but are on the fence: Yes, it will be pouring until 1pm. No, we are not indoors - we will be playing under the covered pavilion at the park (hence our capacity limitations).
Sorry guys, I can’t make it. ? Hope someone takes my spot and has fun!
Is the tournament still on for today?
The tournament will still happen. The other judges and organizer are on their way. When I first arrived the rain was kind of severe, but as time goes on it has gotten much lighter. The stadium spots are all designated and ready, well outside of puddles or direct rain.

Edit: the rain has slowed. By 12 it will likely have stopped entirely. We may even get some sun!
Welp I’m late so I don’t think I can make it
Today's tournament was amazing! I might have not been able to compete but I was having a blast with all of the bladers! Hope to see you all on the next tournament!