General GFX Thread

Vintage's post (Click to View)
Check my second vid out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTIKWYu3Gc8 (got to like the music)
Ya, loven the HD, but I'm on the operating system Linux so the program doesn't work for anything else, I think. Well, its called Record my desktop.
Hey dudes! I've been messing with PS CS5.1 for a while.

[Image: HaloTag.png]
[Image: SigEX.png]
^^ Wink
(Jul. 22, 2011  1:39 PM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: Hey dudes! I've been messing with PS CS5.1 for a while.

[Image: HaloTag.png]
[Image: SigEX.png]
^^ Wink
Hmmmmmm, your back already!? There prertty nice, no more gimp Unhappy
@BP let me guess, the rules of third, the flow, depth, and lighting tut, and the use of c4d's.

Awesomesauce. Now can someone tell me how do i use c4ds when they are in packs?
othellog: I still use GIMP times when a file is only allowed in GIMP Wink

DeX, your right. So SO right. PM me.
It is slightly disappointing to see no intention at all from anybody here to actually create their backgrounds out of nothing, not take stock from Internet or anything ...

Also nobody cares about incorporating meaning in their work either.
(Jul. 22, 2011  3:42 PM)Kai-V Wrote: It is slightly disappointing to see no intention at all from anybody here to actually create their backgrounds out of nothing, not take stock from Internet or anything ...

Also nobody cares about incorporating meaning in their work either.

While it's true that using stocks requires less skill, what I think it does is help add a scene. I also agree that meaning isn't much thought of in the signature here(including me), but that's because I focus more on scene looks.
Ha, I had to dig into one of my multiple DA accounts (lol DA) to find these. Made in C4D from basic shapes like cubes, prisms, and spheres, I think.

http://ochitsuka.deviantart.com/art/DEPR...N-41305994

http://ochitsuka.deviantart.com/art/This...a-58195125

These works are around 5 years old.. I'm amazed at how much time flies..

edit: i think the lack of "deeper meaning" or even an approach makes a lot of graphics artists have a hard time making something.
Yo, BP.

DeX, I don't get at all what you said, but those can seriously be much improved. You need, I repeat, need to change that LDD sig. use the Magic Wand tool. There was absolutely no blending, whatsoever.

It's mediocre, you need to start blends. Kai-V, just wanted to say I'm startin' that.
Could anyone teach me how to use C4D's? and BP how did you get PS im jealous Tongue_out T_T
I can, just PM me how to properly use them.
I don't even now how to use C4D's or what the hell they are. Mostly because I don't care, as Kai-V said, its not your own work, which is bull. People should always making their own backgrounds, that's why I like "original" signatures better.
Other than that, I have improved my GFX skills even more(Thanx Kai-V!!), if that's possible, lol. But, in my mind I'm better than good but not great. I one my first GFX battle 24 to 0 because of default votes, nobody liked entry two. I look back at my entry in shame.
(Jul. 22, 2011  7:47 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Yo, BP.

DeX, I don't get at all what you said, but those can seriously be much improved. You need, I repeat, need to change that LDD sig. use the Magic Wand tool. There was absolutely no blending, whatsoever.

It's mediocre, you need to start blends. Kai-V, just wanted to say I'm startin' that.
Yo BBS.

"DeX, I don't get at all what you said, but those can seriously be much improved. You need, I repeat, need to change that LDD sig. use the Magic Wand tool. There was absolutely no blending, whatsoever."

Who is this referring to? Our battle?
Could anyone tell who to use in my sig ive been waiting for a perfect charcter Uncertain
It's your sig, so it's your choice lol.
Seriously, just experiment and see what looks best.
Hmm i used all my renders ill just find some on PR or BR
(Jul. 23, 2011  11:12 AM)Xyo Wrote: Could anyone tell who to use in my sig ive been waiting for a perfect charcter Uncertain

OK, you do not understand : if you are wondering what to use in a signature, stop this project right now. You should be starting signature pictures because you got an idea that you want to incarnate for a certain character, not because you were experimenting like a newbie with backgrounds and now you have a background but no idea what to put on it. Come back to your photo-editing program only when you get an inspiration from a character or from an event even and that you want to illustrate what they made blossom in you.

In your head, it should never start with the background : it always starts with the focal point/the character, and then you think of the background later, to compliment the character.
(Jul. 23, 2011  12:50 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2011  11:12 AM)Xyo Wrote: Could anyone tell who to use in my sig ive been waiting for a perfect charcter Uncertain

OK, you do not understand : if you are wondering what to use in a signature, stop this project right now. You should be starting signature pictures because you got an idea that you want to incarnate for a certain character, not because you were experimenting like a newbie with backgrounds and now you have a background but no idea what to put on it. Come back to your photo-editing program only when you get an inspiration from a character or from an event even and that you want to illustrate what they made blossom in you.

In your head, it should never start with the background : it always starts with the focal point/the character, and then you think of the background later, to compliment the character.

wow really true kai-v these were the words said tome by fyuuor too and these r correct too
(Jul. 23, 2011  12:50 PM)Kai-V Wrote:

Thank you for this, no seriously Serious
Xyo what do you like, and if any anime which is your fav?
(Jul. 23, 2011  3:04 PM)Xyo Wrote: No its ok Callum im done XD

nice Soul Eater, Death the Kid, but there's one problem..... Its not symmetrical... Speechless
Death the kid would have killed you when its Not
symetrical lol.

Nice effect. Linear burn perhaps?
Well, a few members ask for this tutorial so here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCxyNsqXwCY
The Grudge and Dodge Effect
It definitely is nice, but i can tell you that it would not be hard to just noise shatter that same layer, duplicate it, linear burn it, duplicate again, then increase overall brightness. From there, put a sonic and some text and wamo.

Nice tutorial, though. I suggest you make tutorials more focused on those of creating signatures the way you do.