General GFX Thread

(Jul. 23, 2011  8:29 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: It definitely is nice, but i can tell you that it would not be hard to just noise shatter that same layer, duplicate it, linear burn it, duplicate again, then increase overall brightness. From there, put a sonic and some text and wamo.

Nice tutorial, though. I suggest you make tutorials more focused on those of creating signatures the way you do.
Thanx, I changed my style so they do look different. I'm making a couple more on Pokemon themed signatures, because it helps people better understand that the theme in the signature has to match the character/pokemon that the signature revolves around.
The first ones up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYTT7TRFYEc
Pokemon Signature Tutorial OneTongue_outsychic
Oh, I'm not finding a noise-shatter option in gimp. Tongue_out
(Jul. 23, 2011  3:29 PM)DeX Wrote: Death the kid would have killed you when its Not
symetrical lol.

Nice effect. Linear burn perhaps?

(Jul. 23, 2011  3:22 PM)Callum6939 Wrote:
(Jul. 23, 2011  3:04 PM)Xyo Wrote: No its ok Callum im done XD

nice Soul Eater, Death the Kid, but there's one problem..... Its not symmetrical... Speechless
Ya now im scared XD well if its symetrical it would be to simple because it would be like a half blue half red BG and just Death The Kid Standing Symetrically and no i duplicated Death 3 times and used three different effects to get that
Hmm, I was thinking that for signature contests, it should be mandatory to have original file and not just the PNG, JPG, etc. so that everyone can see proof it's yours, or have a video to show what you've done. This way, it'll reduce risk of cheating, and can help those who want to know how someone does their signatures, and possibly learn something..
(Jul. 24, 2011  6:19 AM)Vintage Wrote: Hmm, I was thinking that for signature contests, it should be mandatory to have original file and not just the PNG, JPG, etc. so that everyone can see proof it's yours, or have a video to show what you've done. This way, it'll reduce risk of cheating, and can help those who want to know how someone does their signatures, and possibly learn something..

well it is nice idea but where we will gonna post it and i would like to add when that particular round is complete then we will gonna post our files
soo, I was messing around with a tutorial i learned, and it pretty much came in handy:
[Image: normal_Gundam_mecha.png]

comments?
(Jul. 24, 2011  1:32 PM)DeX Wrote: soo, I was messing around with a tutorial i learned, and it pretty much came in handy:
[Image: normal_Gundam_mecha.png]

comments?

there is to much contrast of blue colour dude
what? my sig or the render?
(Jul. 24, 2011  1:44 PM)DeX Wrote: what? my sig or the render?

ur sig render is good but i m talking about the sig it's blue contrast is too much
oh. well atleast the scale lines DID take effect on my sig, because it lowered the contrast and its lighting a bit.if I didn't do that, your eyes is gonna suffer when looking at it.
Suffer? well its burned my retinas...

serious note, it is overly blue, and yes the scale lines did take away a little, its nice but the blue is slightly overpowering...

Edit: took the background out of an image of me, but failed at the front of the hair lol

Changed some stuff to my liking in this image

there. changed my avatar and signature
DeX, your scanlines are much to wide-spread. Narrow them down, it will look nice.

Also, guys scanlines will never help you. Really, it is just a technique that people find interesting.

I guess its good for GFX battles but for work and stuff, no.
I actually like it how it is, I think the scan lines are alright...
Believe me, if he makes them narrower, and makes thema seperate layer behind the main local and on the plain canvas background, it will look much nicer.Plus if you're making a serious tag in GFX, its pretty unprofessional to do that seein that a lot do.
If he was doing a "picture of a tv screen" approach, the scan lines on top of everything will make sense. However the scan lines will probably need to have a smaller space between each line for the effect to be fully pulled off.

You could even try to color the entire Gundam a certain shade of blue, remove background, and edit the scan lines to make it seem like a "Star Wars" hologram, heh.
bugturtles, TV scan lines are horizontal, and extremely widespread. I use scan lines just for light and shading, like in my new signature. I think using them for anything other than that is kinda weird.
Changed my sig and avi to Hellgate Grin (My sig was to large)
why is there a white part below the sig?

anyways, it looks to pixalated
(Jul. 25, 2011  12:54 PM)DeX Wrote: why is there a white part below the sig?

anyways, it looks to pixalated

"Too pixelated" is an understatement. It is quite horrible.
(Jul. 25, 2011  2:42 AM)Vintage Wrote: bugturtles, TV scan lines are horizontal, and extremely widespread. I use scan lines just for light and shading, like in my new signature. I think using them for anything other than that is kinda weird.

That's what I meant by editing the scan lines. Tongue_out_wink
You made it "as bad as possible"? Who the hell does that? You don't have to say that so people think you can do way better, when you clearly can't.
Eh, starting a Goku signature soon.

Any ideas guys?