General GFX Thread

Hey guys and gals what do you think of this, its just being used to show some effects and theme in one of my upcoming tutorials. Smile
[Image: starl.png]
I think I'm missing something, tell me if I'm wrong.
Oh, ya, I have four GFX videos out now.
http://www.youtube.com/user/Othello727
Pretty Good Grin you would be better than me if you were not using gimp like the first time opening you shop
(Jul. 26, 2011  4:43 AM)Xyo Wrote: Pretty Good Grin you would be better than me if you were not using gimp like the first time opening you shop
Umm, so you mean because I've been using gimp for a month and I used to used to use photoshop, you use photoshop now? Thanx?!
no i STILL use GIMP actually you can make stuff look like its from Photoshop using GIMP and PAINT.net if used wisely
I need some C+C on this, it's supposed to have a reborn theme but I'm not sure if it's coming through fully plus I'm not 100% happy with the cape movement.

PS. can someone tell me what the tags for spoiler is?
(Jul. 26, 2011  10:51 AM)snakebite Wrote: I need some C+C on this, it's supposed to have a reborn theme but I'm not sure if it's coming through fully plus I'm not 100% happy with the cape movement.

[Image: Rebirth-1.gif]

Kai's face is covered.

Code:
[spoiler]anything in here[/spoiler]
[spoiler=type anything]anything here[/spoiler]
TIP: erase very litle on ALL sides using the fuzzy brush so that it can blend and nice colors Grin
(Jul. 26, 2011  10:51 AM)snakebite Wrote: I need some C+C on this, it's supposed to have a reborn theme but I'm not sure if it's coming through fully plus I'm not 100% happy with the cape movement.

I would completely forget about that scarf animation. It looks very "cheap". You could probably get a better effect even if the picture was completely still. Make the background interact with the image, not basically the image on itself.
(Jul. 26, 2011  2:17 PM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: Yo!
Just made this awhile ago.

[Image: Naruto.png]

Its Monotone. Too much use of lighting and the background is actually random Uncertain. Instead of using the lighting filter you can try the dodge tool.
(Jul. 26, 2011  2:17 PM)BeybladerPotter Wrote: Yo!
Just made this awhile ago.

[Image: Naruto.png]

The lighting is a little too off to the right. And lol, B&W sigs FTW!
Update

Changed the opacity of the light rays that go over Kai's face slightly
Dropped the animation
Tried integrating the background more
(Jul. 26, 2011  4:43 AM)Xyo Wrote: Pretty Good Grin you would be better than me if you were not using gimp like the first time opening you shop
Woah... just what tells you you're better? Huh?

He's just as good looking at all of your tags. Othellog, don't let that slide, you work is very nice, including your latest tag, especially.

Xyo, you are also a very good designer, but I doubt you could just come out saying you are better. And man, I shoulda used that 3rd Render you supplied for my GFX Battle against Callum639.

OH YA.. what do you guys think of this:

[Image: di-8T4A.png]
Kinda creepy, but that's what the Joker is, right? Otherwise, the background is too distracting. And this just personal preference, but the background is too bright for my liking. I normally like low-saturated, dark backgrounds.
Thanks, but I really want a generic response. I know I should also look into personal responses, but like IE for your sig.

IE: Improve lightning, get rid of sparkle around Pokemon character, and forget the White corner line.

We don't GFX the way people tell us to of their preference, we [all of us] have our own way. IE: You like making your text shaky like, I don't. lol, anyways thanks!
White corner line...? The border or what? As for lighting, I'll try to fix it. I can see that it's not centered around the character.
White corner line, I mean the white lines in the black border. It makes the character seems laid back even though your attempt was to push up.
Ill just comment on beybladestation's piece because dnt wanna go to previous pages.

The piece hmm. You should never lower the opacity of the render. Text placement and font choice dont compliment the sig at all [reccomend looking up the tules of 3rd tut] Try to never center the render either. Doesnt make the flow and composition come together. the c4d's [?] dont match the bg as far as flow. Bg needs to be fixed. LQ render also. Hmmm u have a nice border :\
Hmm, I'd say that the flow is too random, and to me, there's a large depth problem. The Joker seems to fade near the bottom, and behind is blurred, followed by the background which seems to be sharper than the render due to his fade.
It was actually supposed to be like that Vintage, so I actually take that as a good compliment lol, thanks!
I think this applies to this thread, what do you experts think?
Its my MD facebolt sticker design.
(Jul. 26, 2011  8:50 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote:

He's just as good looking at all of your tags. Othellog, don't let that slide, you work is very nice, including your latest tag, especially.

Xyo, you are also a very good designer, but I doubt you could just come out saying you are better. And man, I shoulda used that 3rd Render you supplied for my GFX Battle against Callum639.

I like it but it creeps me out T_T
EDIT: i can not do that but i want to learn how to use C4D's
(Jul. 26, 2011  8:50 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote:

Its awesome.
(Jul. 26, 2011  4:34 PM)snakebite Wrote: Update

Changed the opacity of the light rays that go over Kai's face slightly
Dropped the animation
Tried integrating the background more

kai's face is STILL covered!