Face Contest: Design a Beyblade, Space-Style!

We know how much everyone likes these design contests. At first, to celebrate our achievement of 50,000 members, we thought we’d do a completely free-themed, “Design a Metal Fight Beyblade” Face Contest like what Brad did years ago in the first few Face Contests, but we realised one thing with the HMS & Plastics Remembrance Day: for a lot of you, Metal Fight Beyblade isn’t the limit of your passion!

Therefore, we decided to make this Face Contest open to all existing series of Beyblade (Plastics, HMS, and Metal Fight Beyblade), but to give it a space theme as a focal point for all the entries.

In other words, we want you to design a new Beyblade that would pertain to any of the three Beyblade series mentioned above, based around a space theme!

The winners will be able to choose one of these:
Even thousands of members later, the mystery about what each can contain still lives!

This time, there will indeed be five winners, not just one! Believe in yourself, there isn’t only one good creator among 50,000 Bladers! One winner for each ten thousand, let's go!

In addition to that, out of those five best entries, we will choose three of those winners to receive a Strongest Blader Set!

Here are some of the criteria your entry will be graded on:
  • Artistry: Obviously, someone who hand draws their Beyblade for several hours is going to be taken more seriously than someone who quickly puts something together in MS Paint. That being said, we understand that not everyone has the same artistic ability. Effort is what's important!
  • Originality: Try to think outside of the box and use ideas that haven't been used in Beyblade yet! At the same time, your concepts have to be relatively realistic.
  • Balance: Remember guys: there's no best Beyblade! If you make a Beyblade that's so broken it would theoretically ruin the metagame and be banned even by TAKARA-TOMY, try to think of something else! Don't draw a Beyblade that's only junk, but try to balance everything with good and bad traits!

And now for the rules:
  • Limit one entry per person! Your first entry will be the only one that's considered, so work hard on it! If we see that you’ve edited the post with your first entry, it’s suspicious.
  • The WBO Committee isn't eligible, as usual...
  • You have until September 14th at 23:59 PM PST to do it. Any entries must be posted before then!
  • Post your entries in this thread! (You can also talk about the contest, ideas, or whatever in this thread as well, but don't ask for direct feedback on your drafts!)
  • Your entry must contain a picture or a photograph of your imaginary Beyblade, and you also have to include a description of its parts.

Let your brain spin as fast as a Bey!
Design a galactic Beyblade as the WBO reaches for the stars!
Awesome, unfortunately, my design's focal isn't directed in a space direction. Hope to see some good ones.

Unless a raven constellation bey that uses lunar light as it's "element" counts.

i will post everything that i have uploaded on here, i have more things, but our scanner isn't very good.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Custom-B...s-and-beys (scroll to bottom of page) This is non updated images of the noon assembled blade. All five parts of the bey are shown in as great detail as I could sketch myself.

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Create-y...er?page=10 (This is non updated intel. Updated vers. is below.)

non contributing info
Bey: Lunar Raven (or Corus) AMGB 155 (Armored Magnetic Gravity Bowl) CS

These are the same images that can be found in the above link
You will have to zoom in to see the text, wish it was better quality.[/spoiler]

https://picasaweb.google.com/11797295101...gust212011
i want to join
september 14th?
i could probably make it in that time
I am SO doing this. This will be my first entry for a Face Contest Grin
Good luck to everyone!
im entering, but how do we show you the picture?
and can it be a recolor
I'm definitely entering Tongue_out_wink Expect to see my entry soon enough!

I know you have dealt with this before, but how exactly will you prevent people from copying another's design? And do you have to have a Blader Passport to qualify for the Strongest Blader Set?
This is amazIng, I will enter.

By thway nice new banner! And, we just pick one series right?
(Aug. 14, 2011  5:42 PM)shadow x 9365 Wrote: im entering, but how do we show you the picture?

"Post your entries in this thread! (You can also talk about the contest, ideas, or whatever in this thread as well, but don't ask for direct feedback on your drafts!)
"
Definently joining this, won a "design a pokemon" contest once, and my first problem will be only one topic in space.
i can do plastic or HMS? sweet!

and i have the bonus of i have been working on a beyblade story that has the theme of space.

this is going to be great
Oh, this is a contest I can get behind! But, quick question, does it have to be in color, or inked in black and white and shaded with pencils?
(Aug. 14, 2011  5:59 PM)Odin Wrote: Oh, this is a contest I can get behind! But, quick question, does it have to be in color, or inked in black and white and shaded with pencils?

Whatever you like, it can even be drawn on the computer.
i think most people will prefer hand..
Wait, so a drawer who took so long and a GFXer who took so long, the writer will be accepted more?
(Aug. 14, 2011  6:02 PM)BeyBladestation Wrote: Wait, so a drawer who took so long and a GFXer who took so long, the writer will be accepted more?

In terms of visual effort, it is generally less difficult to make something look impressive with graphics than with a piece of paper.
This is great news..............hmmm.......lets see what i can do now........you wont know until you try.... Smile
I don't mean to offend anything or anyone, but wouldn't that just be favoring over the drawers?

I mean, the GFXer would be bad at drawing, but for the Drawer it would be visa-versa.
I am TOTALLY entering. I`ve been wanting to do one of these FOREVER. Expect my entry later! (Probably won`t be too good though...) Good luck everyone!!!
Alright let's see if I could draw exactly what's on my mind...
Expect an entry from me! XD

So, I can make a Beyblade based off a specific planet if I wanted to?

What about making one based off a constellation that hasn't been done yet?

Or maybe a specific star?

I'll think of something. I'm putting more effort into this contest than the last one. I want to make sure I win. XD

EDIT: Can I make one based off space itself? XD
Space is very general. Is there anything more specific to it than that?
Not really anything more specific than that. You obviously cannot go as 'far' as : "Well, my Beyblade is based on water, because there is a lot of hydrogen and some oxygen in space !!" or something like that. Planets, stars, constellations, even man-made space installations hah.
(Aug. 14, 2011  7:03 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Not really anything more specific than that. You obviously cannot go as 'far' as : "Well, my Beyblade is based on water, because there is a lot of hydrogen and some oxygen in space !!" or something like that. Planets, stars, constellations, even man-made space installations hah.
Kai-V, you just gave me an amazing idea that I'm going to use. XD

But would we be allowed to base it off space itself? XD (I'm obviously not going to do that, but I'm still wondering.)

(Aug. 14, 2011  7:06 PM)Bey-Heart Wrote: Kai-V, you just gave me an amazing idea that I'm going to use. XD

But would we be allowed to base it off space itself? XD (I'm obviously not going to do that, but I'm still wondering.)

Space is space, hah.