Energy Layer - Blaze Ragnaruk/Berserk Roktavor R3

Quote:[Hasbro Name], known as Blaze Ragnaruk in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-75 Booster Blaze Ragnaruk 4Cross Flugel on March 18th, 2017.

==Description==
[Hasbro Name] is a round Energy Layer designed for stamina. Consisting of a small inner layer made of clear plastic and four wings, two of which are small and made of clear plastic and two of which are large are made of colored plastic. The large wings are molded to create the visage of heads to match the anime's rendition of the Layer's beast, a winged demon. The small clear wings are dubbed the "Stamina Wings" and make up the gimmick of this Layer.

In theory, the edges of the wings would extend from their hinges and increase a Beyblade's stamina by increasing the Layer's Outward Weight Distribution, however in practice the size of the wings are simply too small to cause any noticeable weight shift and thus serve no real purpose.

The compact placement of the wings creates a very round design where any protrusions and gaps from and between the wings are too shallow to create high recoil. The large size of the wings gives this Layer high Outward Weight Distribution and thus high stamina potential. The Takara Tomy release features four teeth of tall height giving this Layer high Burst resistance, but unlike most other Energy Layers, the teeth of [Hasbro Name] are made of clear plastic *which causes the teeth to skip more easily, however their height compensates for it.

==Use in Stamina Customizatons==
[Hasbro Name can be put to use in Stationary Stamina combinations such as [Hasbro Name] Spread/Knuckle/Gravity/4Cross Revolve/Gyro. Due to the high Burst resistance of [Hasbro Name] it can use heavier disks such as Gravity or 4Cross without suffering from high Burst risk or use lighter disks such as Spread or Knuckle to further compliment its Burst resistance. Due to Revolve's high procession time and and Gyro's free spinning nature, the combinations are able to take hits without major stamina loss.

==Overall==
[Hasbro Name] is a vast improvement over its predecessors Roktavor and Roktavor R2 due to changing from elliptical to round in shape and the much taller teeth. The Burst resistance and stamina of the Layer makes it a **top-tier choice for stamina customizations and unlike Doomscizor D2, [Hasbro Name] does not suffer from cases of breaks. As such, every competitive blader should own this Layer.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-75 Booster Blaze Ragnaruk 4Cross Flugel (orange)
==Hasbro==

*Unsure if this is a real flaw or not, please confirm
** Not yet confirmed

Source for Performance Information: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning...pid1376429

Seems to be pretty even with Dark Deathscyther and it doesn't have the problem with breaking. Like Kreis Satan, this gives me hope for a diversified Metagame.

And again, should I just put Blaze Ragnaruk instead of [Hasbro Name] and replace it later when the Hasbro name is revealed?
Don't forget about the bR that you can win at G4 Tournaments
(May. 13, 2017  7:42 PM)Mage Wrote: Don't forget about the bR that you can win at G4 Tournaments

Is that the red recolor with the wbba god chip? There's also the Premia Set version. Are there anymore?
I've noticed the small wings do cause the layer to show more aggressive behavior on contact than a normal layer, but it also recovers from this fairly quickly. Interestingly, this is most apparent when paired with Cycle, for reasons I'm not entirely sure of.
(May. 14, 2017  12:17 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote: I've noticed the small wings do cause the layer to show more aggressive behavior on contact than a normal layer, but it also recovers from this fairly quickly. Interestingly, this is most apparent when paired with Cycle, for reasons I'm not entirely sure of.

Is it the wings or the shape of the recess that they're in? 'Cause they're not spring loaded at all so they'd just go back into the layer on contact with no resistance.

Also, can you do some combo testing with Blaze Ragnaruk? I'd like to see exactly how good of a synergy there is with Cycle.
Maybe "aggressive" isn't the right word. It's more like it wobbles violently, and then regains it's composure. It's really weird, but interesting.

As for testing, I'll be in the bR testing topic with results soon.
(May. 14, 2017  12:22 AM)ToxicAtom Wrote: Maybe "aggressive" isn't the right word. It's more like it wobbles violently, and then regains it's composure. It's really weird, but interesting.

As for testing, I'll be in the bR testing topic with results soon.

Hmm, I've seen that before with some Dark Deathscyther Layers that weren't completely balanced.

Sounds like Blaze Ragnaruk is slightly off balance, but only enough to be noticeable early in battle. It might have been more pronounced with Cycle if one of its wings was in light with the heavier side.
(May. 13, 2017  5:02 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:
Quote:[Hasbro Name], known as Blaze Ragnaruk in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-75 Booster Blaze Ragnaruk 4Cross Flugel on March 18th, 2017.

==Description==
[Hasbro Name] is a round Energy Layer designed for stamina. Consisting of a small inner layer made of clear plastic and four wings, two of which are small and made of clear plastic and two of which are large are made of colored plastic. The large wings are molded to create the visage of heads to match the anime's rendition of the Layer's beast, a winged demon. The small clear wings are dubbed the "Stamina Wings" and make up the gimmick of this Layer.

In theory, the edges of the wings would extend from their hinges and increase a Beyblade's stamina by increasing the Layer's Outward Weight Distribution, however in practice the size of the wings are simply too small to cause any noticeable weight shift and thus serve no real purpose.

The compact placement of the wings creates a very round design where any protrusions and gaps from and between the wings are too shallow to create high recoil. The large size of the wings gives this Layer high Outward Weight Distribution and thus high stamina potential. The Takara Tomy release features four teeth of tall height giving this Layer high Burst resistance, but unlike most other Energy Layers, the teeth of [Hasbro Name] are made of clear plastic *which causes the teeth to skip more easily, however their height compensates for it.

==Use in Stamina Customizatons==
[Hasbro Name can be put to use in Stationary Stamina combinations such as [Hasbro Name] Spread/Knuckle/Gravity/4Cross Revolve/Gyro. Due to the high Burst resistance of [Hasbro Name] it can use heavier disks such as Gravity or 4Cross without suffering from high Burst risk or use lighter disks such as Spread or Knuckle to further compliment its Burst resistance. Due to Revolve's high procession time and and Gyro's free spinning nature, the combinations are able to take hits without major stamina loss.

==Overall==
[Hasbro Name] is a vast improvement over its predecessors Roktavor and Roktavor R2 due to changing from elliptical to round in shape and the much taller teeth. The Burst resistance and stamina of the Layer makes it a **top-tier choice for stamina customizations and unlike Doomscizor D2, [Hasbro Name] does not suffer from cases of breaks. As such, every competitive blader should own this Layer.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==

*Unsure if this is a real flaw or not, please confirm
** Not yet confirmed

Source for Performance Information: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Winning...pid1376429

Seems to be pretty even with Dark Deathscyther and it doesn't have the problem with breaking. Like Kreis Satan, this gives me hope for a diversified Metagame.

And again, should I just put Blaze Ragnaruk instead of [Hasbro Name] and replace it later when the Hasbro name is revealed?

anyone tried bR for stalling?also the bR layer weighs 9.18 grams.
(May. 13, 2017  5:02 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Berserk Roktavor R3, known as Blaze Ragnaruk in Japan, is an Energy Layer released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of the B-75 Booster Blaze Ragnaruk 4Cross Flugel on March 18th, 2017.

==Description==
Berserk Roktavor is a round Energy Layer designed for stamina. Consisting of a small inner layer made of clear plastic and four wings, two of which are small and made of clear plastic and two of which are large are made of colored plastic. The large wings are molded to create the visage of heads to match the anime's rendition of the Layer's beast, a winged demon. The small clear wings are dubbed the "Stamina Wings" and make up the gimmick of this Layer.

The compact placement of the wings creates a very round design where any protrusions and gaps from and between the wings are too shallow to create high recoil. The large size of the wings imply high Outward Weight Distribution and stamina potential but in actuality, Berserk Roktavor's stamina is only average. The Takara Tomy release features four teeth of tall height giving this Layer high Burst resistance.

==Use in Balance Customizatons==
Berserk Roktavor can be put to use in Balance combinations such as Berserk Roktavor 2/4/5/7 Glaive/Cross Atomic/Orbit. Due to the high Burst resistance of Berserk Roktavor it can use heavier disks such as 2/4/5/7 without suffering from high Burst risk and the Glaive/Cross Frame can add Life After Death. The free spinning ball of Atomic/Orbit aids Berserk Roktavor's Burst resistance and gives the combination Stamina.

==Overall==
Berserk Roktavor is a vast improvement over its predecessors Roktavor and Roktavor R2 due to changing from elliptical to round in shape and the much taller teeth. The Burst resistance of the Layer makes is a great choice for Defense combinations with greater stamina than other Layers such as Kries Satan and its smooth perimeter makes it a consistent counter against Drain Fafnir. However with the release of Alter Chronos, Berserk Roktavor has become outclassed. As such, Berserk Roktavor is not a must have, but instead a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Product List==
==Takara Tomy==
  • Blaze Ragnaruk 4Cross Flugel (Premiere Set) (translucent dark blue, translucent dark blue God Chip)
  • Blaze Ragnaruk 4Cross Flugel (WBBA G3 Prize) (red, translucent orange God Chip)
  • B-87 Blaze Ragnaruk Nine Liner (Random Booster Vol. 7) (black, translucent red God Chip)
  • Blaze Ragnaruk Triple Revolve (Random Booster Vol. 8) (light green)
==Hasbro==
  • Berserk Roktavor R3 4Cross Flugel (orange)
Maybe a good stamina combo for bR is Blaze Ragnarok yell zepher. What do you think?
(Oct. 28, 2017  9:58 PM)Joeyk Wrote: Maybe a good stamina combo for bR is Blaze Ragnarok yell zepher. What do you think?

Eeehhh, bR doesn't have great Stamina, I think gZ would work better, or maybe gK
Also add the part that bR is a hard counter to dF
Maybe not a hard counter, but rather a reliable counter due to it's circular shape, like mG
(Oct. 29, 2017  6:13 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Also add the part that bR is a hard counter to dF

Wait it is? Last I heard it wasn't...
Can someone with bR confirm this?
(Oct. 29, 2017  7:29 PM)Mage Wrote:
(Oct. 29, 2017  6:13 PM)Rebel Blader Wrote: Also add the part that bR is a hard counter to dF

I have bR and it is reliable, just not a hard counter. It can tie or beat dF sometimes, even if dF weak launches
(Oct. 29, 2017  7:29 PM)Mage Wrote:

1234beyblade confirmed it also check its testing thread those tests show it is.
Hasbro name is roktavor r3
also i think this should be mentioned that bR has aggressive properties too.it can burst layers like deahcyther and a2 and gK(only without A mould god chip)
(Oct. 30, 2017  9:54 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: also i think this should be mentioned that bR has aggressive properties too.it can burst layers like deahcyther and a2 and gK(only without A mould god chip)

Are you sure it can burst deathscyther? AFAIK its pretty hard to burst layer
(Oct. 30, 2017  9:54 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: also i think this should be mentioned that bR has aggressive properties too.it can burst layers like deahcyther and a2 and gK(only without A mould god chip)
I don't think it's an achievement to have burst a2, it has bad, bad teeth
(Oct. 30, 2017  11:13 AM)Beatlynx27 Wrote:
(Oct. 30, 2017  9:54 AM)Rebel Blader Wrote: also i think this should be mentioned that bR has aggressive properties too.it can burst layers like deahcyther and a2 and gK(only without A mould god chip)

But A2 was once good in the meta, it's a circular layer
(Oct. 30, 2017  11:13 AM)Beatlynx27 Wrote:

For an attack type it isnt but for a stamina/defense bey it is.also it could also burst or destabilize things like odin revolve and wyvern revolve.but now bR is outclassed
I used bR as my deathscyther combo killer
(Oct. 30, 2017  10:10 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote:

Are you sure it can burst deathscyther? AFAIK its pretty hard to burst layer

Kei used bR 2G Z in many tournaments and its main reason was that it could burst d while also having chances of bursting d2.he said that in his tournament report