Cooking Thread: your "i cant cook" jokes aren't clever

Was surprised to find pork belly at my local grocery! I'd made a few pork roasts lately but they are way too big for me to finish myself, even over the course of a few days ... the pork bellies are quite small and fatty so they don't dry out and crisp nicely on the outside.

Not only that, but I've always wanted to try curried pork belly, and I found this recipe:

http://blog.sigsiv.com/2007/04/curried-pork-belly.html

Looks delicious. Will try on Thursday, probably. Though I will have to improvise for not having a pressure cooker.
Brad cooked roasted chicken for thxgiving dinner Grin
[Image: img1869k.jpg]
Brad washing the chicken
[Image: img1878a.jpg]
Me cutting bread
[Image: img1883qa.jpg]
Massaging the chicken LOL
actually putting butter all over it
[Image: img1896u.jpg]
Brad and my gf preparing the mashed potatoes
[Image: img1893.jpg]
Chicken before the oven
[Image: img1900u.jpg]
After the oven

hummmmmmmmmmmmmm awesome it was very good Smile
As you can see, while the chicken was in the oven it cut itself into several pieces, and large carrots appeared from a dimensional vortex.
Such are epic cooking skills. If only my bakes turned out like that.
(Oct. 13, 2009  3:54 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: As you can see, while the chicken was in the oven it cut itself into several pieces, and large carrots appeared from a dimensional vortex.

Lol.

I tried to make Monkey Bread for the first time in years. It turned out okay-ish, it was my first time making such a large batch and that is probably where things went bad. Still tastes good though.
(Oct. 13, 2009  3:59 AM)Tempestas007 Wrote: Lol.

I tried to make Monkey Bread for the first time in years. It turned out okay-ish, it was my first time making such a large batch and that is probably where things went bad. Still tastes good though.

What's monkey bread?
I made apple crumble.

[Image: P1010287.jpg]

[Image: P1010288.jpg]

[Image: P1010289.jpg]

It was damn good. (could have used a tad more crumble, and a tad less apple)

I would say easy as pie, but that would be incorrect. It's easier. Smug
well, this is a massive necro.

Anyway, I'm thinking of making Garlic Butter prawns with some mushrooms, flat leafed parsley and angel hair pasta.

Anybody have tips for it?

I don't exactly like looking up recipes, so some general thoughts would be nice. I just cook the prawns in the garlic butter sauce right?

I've only watched my uncle cook it once, and that was quite a long time ago.

Hah, I'm not experienced in cooking, I only do so out of curiosity, so.

Thanks everyone!
How much Garlic will you be using?
I don't really cook but I make short snacks. I toast bread then put cheese in and cold bacon I fry a egg and then put all of it the sandwich then I put it in a microwave for 20 sec and then it's done. Also I made a pasta once was kindy carppy but still pretty good.
I made chicken few days a good it was great!
(Nov. 13, 2010  3:28 PM)Moss Wrote: How much Garlic will you be using?

Not too sure, since it's one of the main flavours, I was thinking around 4-6 cloves?

All I have in my head right now is:
- simmer butter
- add in finely diced garlic and flat leaf parsley
- add in the prawns and mushrooms (obviously at different times)
- cook.

I'm putting some crumbled parmesan on top as well.

I was thinking lemon might be good, but not sure.

Suggestions?
If your using that much Garlic and you want to get the most flavour out crush the Garlic.
The Lemon is up to your own tastes.
Thanks moss.

I don't have oen of those clove crushers though...which is why I was just going to dice it finely.

Or do you think I could roast the garlic and then pour the paste out? That gives a softer flavour though.
Just crush it with the side of the Knife then chop it up a little.
hmm fair enough. I'll take a picture of it for everyone hah.

I'm hoping to get it done during the next week.
Good luck Bro.
I just made me some 2 minute noodles.
They taste good. Hardest thing I've ever made...
Alright, something is going wrong with my comp., and it caused it to double post. Apologies. (If a mod can delete, go ahead)
Cool story bro. Fairly sure toast is a tad bit harder, especially if you butter it.
i made (or cooked, i dont know which is right) my famous tofu stir-fry a few weeks ago,

my mom has always hated tofu, but she loves my dish, and not just to make me feel happy she truly likes it
hey im thinking of cooking dinner tomorrow night at my house,any suggestions??
Depends on how good at cooking you are?

Stir fries are pretty fool proof.
I like cereal and peanut butter an jelly and dark wolves...