Cooking Thread: your "i cant cook" jokes aren't clever

Are you mentally ok?
Sorry for the revive, but no Moss im horribly ill.

I made popcorn though ^^
I may as well contribute:

I made amazing hot dogs today.

I bought some normal hot dogs, and put a bit of rosemary and garlic in with them to fry.

I also made scrambled eggs and fried onions to go with it.

Grilled the buns with butter and spread some mustard and barbeque sauce onto it.

Incredibly unhealthy but also really nice.

=/ I haven't been very inspired to cook lately though.

Only simple things like scrambled eggs and such, really.
Haha, seeing as I appear to be a loner now, my Unlce and I made some niche potatoes and baby octopus.

Im not sure what it is exactly, but we used sweet potatoes and regular ones with a soecial soic, and some baby octopus. I ate too much and it made me feel a little uneasy...
today i made what i call lemon chicken and rice. sounds like a weird combination right? well the flavor is very good. it consists of everything in the title. to make it just lightly cook some chicken and boil some rice. after doing that place the rice on the plate in a circle. then place the chicken in the middle and pour lemon sauce on the chicken. after that it is ready to be eaten. you can also try different types of chicken like just regular chicken with a crispy layer on the outside.
I had Pasta for lunch, and a cake for desert :p.
Iz like peanut butter andz jekly and jama ands a chockenzz are epic they will dominate over meat.

made myself some lamb cutlets today, with SOME guidance
I don't cook that much and I'm not that great of a cook LOL
However my chicken curry is awesome if I do say so myself :p
I also enjoy making French crepes with nutella, when I make crepes all my siblings attack them
However, I'd love to try and learn to make chicken alfredo but every time I make it, it doesn't seem to come out right :\
I made a Chicken Burger, there delicous.
(Jan. 03, 2011  5:33 PM)Hypersonic Wrote: I made a Chicken Burger, there delicous.

Do you not understand the concept of a "Cooking Thread"?

Recent Eats is here, but I suggest you work on your posts to add a little content first.
(Jan. 02, 2011  3:17 PM)mythic ldrago Wrote: today i made what i call lemon chicken and rice. sounds like a weird combination right? well the flavor is very good. it consists of everything in the title. to make it just lightly cook some chicken and boil some rice. after doing that place the rice on the plate in a circle. then place the chicken in the middle and pour lemon sauce on the chicken. after that it is ready to be eaten. you can also try different types of chicken like just regular chicken with a crispy layer on the outside.

That's pretty standard Lemon Chicken, like you can buy at Chinese Food restaurants.
Delicious though.

As for me, my most recent cooking endeavor was homemade BBQ sauce. Ketchup, Garlic Salt and Garlic Powder, Coca Cola, and Rum.

Shockingly good, cooked it down, and spread it on skillet cooked strips of Chicken Breast, then threw that in the oven for a few minutes.

It was tasty, but then my friend threw a little pre-made Buffalo Wing sauce on it for the lulz, and it was delicious too. So, next time, we're mixxing a little of that in.
Sorry for the Bump.

I made Brownies from scratch today. They actually turned out really good! Although, it took a while to make them. I'm probably not gonna make anymore for a long time...
I microwaved a donut today. And I can make a fine piece of toast. I also make serial pretty well.
I think "i make awesome toasts using a toaster lolol" comments were also supposed to be part of the "your 'i cant cook' jokes aren't clever" rule. This is supposed to be an interesting topic, so whoever posts simplistic things like that in the future will be warned.
(Feb. 05, 2011  11:10 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I think "i make awesome toasts using a toaster lolol" comments were also supposed to be part of the "your 'i cant cook' jokes aren't clever" rule. This is supposed to be an interesting topic, so whoever posts simplistic things like that in the future will be warned.

Sorry. But that's really all I can make well.

I try to make scrambled eggs but it never turns out well. Sometimes my mom calls me when I'm home alone and tells me to cook ribs or BBQ chicken legs. But that just putting BBQ sauce on the meat and turning the crock pot on.
I attempted to make my Peanut Butter and Cheese burgurs for my mom sister and dad...and it was a sucsess (exept my sister is a vegan so she made herself some carp vegan carp)
(Feb. 06, 2011  12:05 AM)scipio132 Wrote: I attempted to make my Peanut Butter and Cheese burgurs for my mom sister and dad...and it was a sucsess (exept my sister is a vegan so she made herself some carp vegan carp)

Some Vegan stuff is actually decent. You don't have to be a Vegetarian to like the more Herbivorous food.

Anyway, as far as cooking goes, I always helped my mom with Thanksgiving and Christmas month dinners.
(Feb. 06, 2011  12:05 AM)scipio132 Wrote: I attempted to make my Peanut Butter and Cheese burgurs for my mom sister and dad...and it was a sucsess (exept my sister is a vegan so she made herself some carp vegan carp)

hey what is wrong with vegan food? i make a vegan tofu stir fry and my mom loves it even though she hates tofu (she is not just liking it because i cooked it, she truely does like it)

i usually cook once a week for my family (i also love to make Medieval to Victorian recipes, here is one now) [Image: dsc00198.jpg]
its called Florentine Style-Meat in a Baking Dish

it is a roast and it tasted so good... (i can PM info of that roast if wanted)
^Hey, half of my immediate family is vegetarian, and those who do eat meat (Me and dad) don't eat much (really just eggs and chicken, religion doesn't allow beef also). I've had many vegetarian dishes that were excellent. And ever heard of smart ground soy? A meat sub. that still has good taste. I like making xtra cheesy macaroni with soy crumble, and I once made some gnocchi alla sorrentina. Very good stuff.
Well, yesterday I made something that I was quite proud of; it tasted amazing. The important part is how I found out about it.

Normally, I made a whey protein milkshake 3 hours before I go to bed. I put one scoop of whey protein (which is strawberry flavored), some berries, half a banana, and milk.

Yesterday, I went to go make one, then realized I was out of protein powder. So I used carnation powder, since I had nothing else. It was vanilla. Then I went to go get the berries, but there were none opened. The only package that was opened was a tropical fruit blend. It had mangos, strawberries, pineapple. So, do I open a new package just for myself? Or just use the tropical blend? I just used the tropical blend. Then I put some milk, and started blending (magic bullet style blender)

As it was blending I realized, "oh jeez. I'm such an idiot. What if the tropical fruits don't go well with the milk and this ends up tasting like dog poop[wording slightly modified here] and I don't want to eat it."
I tried it. It was amazing!
Phew, sure scared me

And to the posts above mine-
Guys, vegan, vegetarian, it's all cool, I like it. I love organic. I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but there's times that I prefer meals that have no meat.
I got these granola bars, most amazing thing ever. They're certified vegan, 100% organic, no bad ingredients, 100% natural. I love em, amazing
tomorrow i am cooking dinner (i will say what i am cooking when i do , and post pics) but lets just say it is a rice dish i made up one day
im still learn how to cook just two days ago i try to make my self lunch failed to much pepper bleh and it wasent cooked right it was over cooked and not a nuff garlic i cant do i simple stuff like eggs whythouth one thing i wont have tha learn is any type of pork produce i dont eat pork
Well tonight I'm making steak, some boscaiola, pruschetta with fried haloumi and I've jsut finished baking some orange and almond cake for valentines.

Pictures later tonight perhaps.
(Feb. 14, 2011  2:51 AM)momiji manju Wrote: Well tonight I'm making steak, some boscaiola, pruschetta with fried haloumi and I've jsut finished baking some orange and almond cake for valentines.

Pictures later tonight perhaps.

I wish I wouldn't of read that because now I'm hungry!!!!

I can cook a mean bowl of top ramen like nobodies business!
I like to make Lemon Risotto with chicken and feta. It's extremely good when it isn't too sour.