Cooking Thread: your "i cant cook" jokes aren't clever

Really quick granola bars. Really healthy too with proper ingredients.

1/2 banana
1 heaping scoop peanut butter
1/2 cup granola

Preferably organic, whole grain, the whole deal.

Mush banana
Add peanut butter and granola.
Mix them all up
Put on wax paper and roll.
Freeze.
Microwave for 20 seconds when you want to eat.

I make these a lot. Quite a bit recently too.

-----------
1/2 avocado
Can of tuna
Whatever you want to put it on.

Much avocado
Mix in tuna.
You're done.

I put it in sandwiches, tortilla shells, salads, lots of things. Tons of omega 3's and 6's.
For the bananas, do they have to be an ungodly sweet ripe (or a disgusting brown...)? Or a slight green is acceptable?

And how much is a heaping scoop? Are we talking tablespoons?
Bananas- the more ripe(green) it is, the more nutrients there are, and the better the quality of them.

A more brown banana will be more sweet, but with a little less nutrients.

The peanut butter will make it so you won't even notice a difference.

Yep, one tablespoon. No need to make it perfect with a knife, just scoop it up!
Bump, but I don't care lol.

[Image: img20110622193413.jpg]

French Bread, sprinkled with water
Italian Sausage, mildly spicy, out of casings and crumbled
Red Pepper
Tomato Sauce
Mozzarella Cheese
Parmesan Cheese

cooked sausages first, then threw the red pepper chunks/dicings in the same skillet.

put oven to 425 degrees, lather on sauce, apply sausages/peppers/cheese, put it all in the oven for around 10 minutes

mmm
bugturtles

that looks delicious, to bad i am allergic to milk...

i have a few recipes (that i made up Tongue_out) that i will post pictures, and the ingredients, the next time i make them.

anyways, i made spaghetti the other night, with mushrooms, garlic, and ground beef. it was good
Heres a pizza i made, just in the 'make-some-food-mood'.
[Image: 6a00d8341d0fa353ef01116859d55a970c-320wi]
Nothing special, just a basic crusted pizza, with onions, prawns, cheese and barbecue sauce.
I'M HAPPY! Now I'm aloud to cook all the time for my family! My Mom doesn't like to cook, so... Anyway, I got some new cookbooks and I'm starting tomorrow!
(Apr. 02, 2011  4:19 AM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: I'm bad at cooking things. If I cook some thing I burn it. I can't even make eggs.

So...what's the secret to cooking good?

I know your problem. You bite your ingredients to death before you use them, don't you? Try not to. (jk)
Makin' Spiced Bacon Twists for breakfast. My yummy breakfast special! Cute

Mix 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard, 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon, 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg, and a dash of cayenne pepper (closely estimated portions). Rub it on both sides of 10 (or however many slices wanted, I just like 10) bacon strips, and then twist. Pop 'em in the oven, and bake at 350º for 25-30 min or until firm/hard. Pull that greasy pig out, and BAM! Yummy bacon twists (that get gobbled up wicked fast)

Yay for cooking! I love it!
So, I had the greatest idea ever recently, and I put it in motion today.

3 hours before I go to bed, I drink a whey protein shake. So, recently I remembered my mom having these little popsicle cups where you pour whatever into them, put their little handle-lid on, and freeze it. Then you get frozen whatever!

So today, I put my whey protein shake into those cups! There's 8 little cups total, and the milkshake which was about somewhere between 250-500 mL's fit perfectly into all 8.

I just ate it now. Yum yum in my tum tum. I want another.

I could only imagine how it would taste with Shakeology. Healthiest meal of the day that tastes like a cheat meal.
Made some peppermint cream candy. It's tasty, but the mint flavor isn't quite as strong and refreshing as I'd like. Next time I'll use natural peppermint oil instead of artificial mint flavoring.

[Image: th.0421348ecc.jpg]
I really want to cook up some curry, maybe with some help from my mother because I am born with fail hands in terms of cooking.

I look forward to Vindaloo. Yes I know what it is. Hot and absolutely stupid-person fit.
I made some very simple sugar cookies a while ago.
They were delicious
Me wanty!!!!
Ahh, the basics, sausages and noodles, YAY
Kind of a generic thing, but i make THE BEST darn hot cocoa this side o' da Mississippi.

I take 1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa and grind it up and put it over the stove for 15 with milk, vanilla, salt, and hot water (Just a bit of each except for the milk-I GO HARD OUT). Just stir it for about 15 minutes, and add some marshmallows.

I know it's not quite winter, but I drink the stuff year round.
[Image: DSCN3924.jpg]

Dry aged sirloin
This might seem a little obvious, but, as a 14 year old who's not ready to use the stove or anything like that, I go to Korean BBQ Grills and just cook! Grin I'm also planning on trying to bake, maybe start with small stuff like cupcakes and move up to cake when ready.
(Oct. 17, 2011  8:04 PM)Khel Wrote: [Image: DSCN3924.jpg]

Dry aged sirloin

HAHAHA quite the steak knife you have there!

Also, pizza-guy in first post of this page: why is the pizza in a pizza box? That usually entails buying it
I try and find very creative ways to use all the damn knives I own.

Also that's sharper than 99.999% of steak knives out there (The result of sharpening it on $200 worth of Japanese waterstones)
Khel, looking at your picture, I thought "Ooh, steak... *scrolls down* OH CARP, BIG SHARP KNIFE."
Khel, you're the only dude I know of that would put a knife like that in a picture of "Dry aged sirloin", haha.
(Jun. 25, 2011  9:39 AM)TheBlayder Wrote: Heres a pizza i made, just in the 'make-some-food-mood'.
Nothing special, just a basic crusted pizza, with onions, prawns, cheese and barbecue sauce.

Why does it look like its in a Pizza box from Dominoes?????
EDIT: Damn, i didnt see the post above....
(Oct. 17, 2011  8:04 PM)Khel Wrote: Dry aged sirloin

How does dry-aged beef taste? It looks phenomenal.

(Oct. 18, 2011  7:44 PM)♥ Wrote:
(Oct. 17, 2011  8:04 PM)Khel Wrote: Dry aged sirloin

How does dry-aged beef taste? It looks phenomenal.

I'm trying to think of a more eloquent way of putting it, but it really comes down to enhancing the 'beefy' flavour.

It just tastes extra beefy. It's definitely a good bit more expensive but if you are buying a really nice cut once in a while I definitely recommend giving it a shot.

(Oct. 18, 2011  3:40 AM)CyberBlader27 Wrote: Khel, looking at your picture, I thought "Ooh, steak... *scrolls down* OH CARP, BIG SHARP KNIFE."

perspective mate, it's a pocket knife with only 3 inches of blade length. Smaller than the average steak knife. It is sharp enough to shave though so I'll give ya that Tongue_out
swiss rolls my specialty:

get out 75g of flour, 75g of caster sugar, and 3 medium eggs, and 3 table spoons of jam.

crack the eggs into an large mixing bowl, and pour in the sugar.

then use a electric mixer to mix the eggs and sugar until it has doubled in size, and you can make a C in the mix by picking up the mix and moving in a curve.

when that is done add the flour and gently turn over the mix in a figure of 8 with a table spoon.

when all of the flour has gone, pour the mix into a swiss roll tin which has grease proof paper already oiled well.

then put it into an oven gas 6 or 200 degrees for 8 minutes.

while waiting dust another piece fo grease proof paper with more caster sugar.

when 8 minutes has been up, take out the swiss roll, and quickly flip it over onto the grease proof paper. take off the piece of paper facing up.

now cut off the edges which are too hard for the finished piece.

indent slightly from the edge of the shorter side of the cake, do not cut through! if you cut through the cake will be ruined almost.

then spread the jam evenly on the cake, when you've done this, fold over the indent, then pick up the grease proof paper on that side, and pull forward and down gently, so it rolls up.

then gently peel of the other paper

and voila its done

(Oct. 17, 2011  8:04 PM)Khel Wrote: [Image: DSCN3924.jpg]

Dry aged sirloin

+1 virtual rep

(Oct. 18, 2011  7:48 PM)Khel Wrote: t is sharp enough to shave though so I'll give ya that Tongue_out

off topic but w/e : is it advised that i replace my gillette with a knife for shaving? sounds like a bad carp thing to do