Cooking Thread: your "i cant cook" jokes aren't clever

yesterday i made 24 cakes. It went perfect, they were equal sizes, they had a light outer layer that was fairly crispy and a soft insde that was really vanillary
^Last word is not a word....

I baked some cookies! 4 types: Cinnamon sugar, dual frosted (blue, yellow and pink), choco chip, and white choco macademia nut chips. They are absolutely amazing. Joyful_2
I mainly help my grandma with Lebanese food. Cabbage rolls, Homemade baba ghanouj and tabouli (I can't spell it tab-ool-y)
Tonight me and brother are gonna attempt to make Spag bowl together. Eee

Usually Spag bowl is what my brother cooks - and I usually make scones or muffins. Cute

Because my mum is out for tonight Rowen and I decided to see if we could both make dinner together tonight.

Sooo if my mum comes home and the house is on fire or blown up she'll know why! KIDDING! XD

But yeah... because Rowen is a pig, he'll take most of the meat.
Me thinks I'll be taking the bus to subway if he hogs most of whats edible. Tired

If he doesn't I'll be thinking OMNOMNOMNOMNOM! while I'm eating. Wink
So yeah I attempted to put the pasta in the pan, ended up having a few of them in the underneath of the pan burning in the gas - so i left the spag bowl to my brother. XD

And when me and Rowen were half way finished our Spag bowl and then I hear this voice at the front door, it was mum - she didn't sound happy and I asked if something was wrong, and it turns out on her way home she tripped and landed funny and she has gone to the hospital she thinks shes broken her wrist. now me and Rowen are worried about her. Unhappy so much for enjoying the rest of our dinner.
I wanna Attempt to make marzipan and I can cook BBQ chicken, spaghetti and much more
I'm always cooking because I help out my Mom
Mostly all the food we cook is Mexican food
I made vanilla cupcakes!
OMNOMNOMNOMNOM! Eating one right now.
i love to cook, im pretty good. alot of people dont think i can its funny so they always try to take care of me.....but one of the best things to make is Cranberry Jell-O, with cranberry sauce and cherries and nuts chopped up into it, mixed with sour cream oh boy its delicious! Family tradition!

steak and pork are my faves to cook!
Can someone tell me a good apple recipe? it doesn't matter apples calm me and release pain and i cant think of a good mixture for something delicous. so PLZ answer this call for help.
I'm bad at cooking things. If I cook some thing I burn it. I can't even make eggs.

So...what's the secret to cooking good?
simple dominos pizza with jello mixed with cotage cheese its sounds wierd but the jello actullay tastes good
(Apr. 02, 2011  4:18 AM)â–¡â–¡â–¡â–¡â–¡ Wrote: Can someone tell me a good apple recipe? it doesn't matter apples calm me and release pain and i cant think of a good mixture for something delicous. so PLZ answer this call for help.

apple spice cake? just buy some apples or a can what ever you like best and a box of spice cake mix mix it together walla! you have something so GOOD! and its actually very easy to do!
(Apr. 02, 2011  4:19 AM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: I'm bad at cooking things. If I cook some thing I burn it. I can't even make eggs.

I'm pretty sure the title covers comments like these.

Anyway, the secret is this.
Last night, my sister and I cooked mozzarella sticks.

Well, there goes my diet and the 11 pounds I lost in three weeks...
(Apr. 02, 2011  8:27 AM)momiji manju Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2011  4:19 AM)Vongola-Hibari Wrote: I'm bad at cooking things. If I cook some thing I burn it. I can't even make eggs.

I'm pretty sure the title covers comments like these.

Anyway, the secret is this.

Maybe I should have been more specific. Following direction on how to cook is hard. It's easier said than done. Cooking is not my thing.
(Apr. 02, 2011  6:44 AM)kanato dolsrin Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2011  4:18 AM)â–¡â–¡â–¡â–¡â–¡ Wrote: Can someone tell me a good apple recipe? it doesn't matter apples calm me and release pain and i cant think of a good mixture for something delicous. so PLZ answer this call for help.

apple spice cake? just buy some apples or a can what ever you like best and a box of spice cake mix mix it together walla! you have something so GOOD! and its actually very easy to do!

Ok, ive got Spice cake mix and a bag of apples, do i cut them up or bread around it? either way thanks im getting my g.mom to make some.
I cant cook i need tips to make eggs because i use the microwave to make eggs which are dry and somtime yocky.

The secrets are Patience, Determination and Care.
(Apr. 03, 2011  12:49 AM)dyingwilltsuna Wrote: I cant cook i need tips to make eggs because i use the microwave to make eggs which are dry and somtime yocky.

That only thing I can cook are eggs! lol

When cooking eggs, make sure to heat your (non-stick) pan at midheat. Putting it high will make your eggs cook faster and probably burn it if you're not careful. You also need to have a flexible heat-resistant spatula that can go under the egg to flip. And finally, olive oil burns much faster than corn oil, so you're better off using that.

My style of cooking fried eggs with liquid yolk is covering the pan. I usually leave it there for probably 15 seconds to 20. Any more and i might burn. Carefully flip it and go another 15 to 20 seconds.

For scrambled eggs, NEVER stop messing with the eggs once it's in the pan. It may look a lot when you scrambled it in the bowl, but it will shrink once it begins to cook. While it's still liquid-y, keep using the spatula to beat it around until it began to solidify and break apart. Make sure to do this for a bit before it starts turning brown, meaning that it's burning.

One of signatures is "egg rice". It's basically scrambled eggs mixed with rice in a small soup bowl. Use this method to also make fried rice.
(Apr. 03, 2011  12:38 AM)â–¡â–¡â–¡â–¡â–¡ Wrote: Ok, ive got Spice cake mix and a bag of apples, do i cut them up or bread around it? either way thanks im getting my g.mom to make some.
Cut the apples thin or little bits so when they cook they moisten up or hopefully do, than hopefully that's it No breadding needed. Usually we use canned apples like Apple pie apples so might cook different but I'm sure it would be just as good.let me know how it works.....lol
(Apr. 03, 2011  3:36 AM)kanato dolsrin Wrote:
(Apr. 03, 2011  12:38 AM)â–¡â–¡â–¡â–¡â–¡ Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2011  6:44 AM)kanato dolsrin Wrote:

Ok, ive got Spice cake mix and a bag of apples, do i cut them up or bread around it? either way thanks im getting my g.mom to make some.
Cut the apples thin or little bits so when they cook they moisten up or hopefully do, than hopefully that's it No breadding needed. Usually we use canned apples like Apple pie apples so might cook different but I'm sure it would be just as good.let me know how it works.....lol

Will do we're making it now at 350ºF we are gonna wait for it to rise and crisp. Thanks, it smells good cooking.
This morning I just made Kimchi spicy noodles, added 2 grinded chilli hot pepper, added another 200mL of spicy hot sauce, added shrimp, crab meat,(Boy, that was SPICY) and a plate of beef ravioli on the side. Smile
Yesterday, I baked chocolate muffins with my cousin! My mom kept saying they were gonna come out bad because we made such a huge mess, but they came out being some of the best muffins I have ever made. So fluffy... Grin
Okay, so I came up with a new egg recipe. Scrambled eggs, but I mixed it with something else. I used my mom's homemade meatballs (better use them for something before the spoil), made with sauteed spices, and then...fried or something, can't remember. It requires them to be broken up into the tiny pieces and mixed with the eggs. Now this is the tricky part (for me).

There were two methods I did this. One was putting the pieces with the egg and frying it from there once poured into the pan. The other was putting the pieces into the heated pan first, let it fry and heat up a bit, then put the egg in and mix. I found that the later method breaks up the meatball pieces further. The meatballs carries their own spice, which blends with the egg during the frying.

Next time, I'm going to change it up. I'm going to throw in vegetables, such as tomatoes (not a vegetable, but y'know), carrots, and onions, saute them with the meatballs, and then fry and mix the scrambled egg. The end result is ALWAYS mixed with the rice after.

Though, maybe I should put the rice in the pan too. Make a sort of fried rice. I've made fried rice before, but never with meatballs, so this will be worth experimenting with.