{Connecticut, Rhode Island Area} Tournament Organizing

So as you all most likely know, TheSupremeOne and I are shooting for a Pre 4D event on the 27 of December.

As I have to email dates to the head of Parks and Rec, please, please tell me if this date doesn't work and if the 21 would be better.

Thanks.
Holy carp, I have been wanting to do this for a long time. Kai-V declined my idea after saying that many players had access to the new wheels. My question is:
No 4D and future fusion wheels/chrome wheels OR
the prior AND no 4D and future tracks/tips.
I think it'd be really cool to use the new tracks and tips with the old beys :3
(Nov. 20, 2013  4:35 AM)DrPepsidew Wrote: Holy carp, I have been wanting to do this for a long time. Kai-V declined my idea after saying that many players had access to the new wheels. My question is:
No 4D and future fusion wheels/chrome wheels OR
the prior AND no 4D and future tracks/tips.
I think it'd be really cool to use the new tracks and tips with the old beys :3

The thing is that if any one player refuses to follow this idea, everybody must let him or her. The format remains Standard, where all Metal Fight Beyblades can be used, but if a number of participants agree not to use certain parts, they can mutually agree to it when they battle.
Coulda told me that XD Thanks for the info though! That's gonna be so fun! Grin Oh! What about Metal Fury? Or do we just discuss it amongst participants?
We're doing no anything after the second series; it'll be optional but highly suggested. We're planning to ask the players before each match if they both want to do pre-4D in order to make the matches fair.
I kind of wanted to do just metal wheels, but hopefully this will run smoothly, too Smile
Leone19 I don't think I get in until the 22nd, so 27th or later would be best
Edit: I'm going to have to say no Metal Fury if both players agree to pre-4D. Most of those wheels are terrible, but some are fairly close to the 4D version.
Yeah, like Cosmic would be really good to have, so pre-4D metal wheels, and all tracks and tips is what you guys are doing. I LOVE that idea XD We may do a New Year's throwback tourney Smile
Ah, cool. I'm actually hoping to attend one of you all's tournaments in VA sometime next summer since I'll probably be visiting my aunt & uncle for a few weeks & they live right nearby.
(Nov. 20, 2013  4:40 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: We're doing no anything after the second series; it'll be optional but highly suggested. We're planning to ask the players before each match if they both want to do pre-4D in order to make the matches fair.
I kind of wanted to do just metal wheels, but hopefully this will run smoothly, too Smile
Edit: I'm going to have to say no Metal Fury if both players agree to pre-4D. Most of those wheels are terrible, but some are fairly close to the 4D version.

I wonder if we can pull together a good list of items to discourage using. This way once the event is approved, I can post it up on the CT Beyblade website with the list. This way if anyone attends who found it through the site, they know what's going on.
(Nov. 20, 2013  3:04 PM)rkalajian Wrote:
(Nov. 20, 2013  4:40 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: We're doing no anything after the second series; it'll be optional but highly suggested. We're planning to ask the players before each match if they both want to do pre-4D in order to make the matches fair.

I wonder if we can pull together a good list of items to discourage using. This way once the event is approved, I can post it up on the CT Beyblade website with the list. This way if anyone attends who found it through the site, they know what's going on.

Basically discourage using Hasbro Metal Fury (New parts, like wheels and things like W2D and EDS) and Shogun Steel (new wheels and bottoms). For TT, discourage using 4D and Zero-G (new) parts.

If you wanted to post that on the site, it'd be great.
I'm planning on pulling together a list of most parts that will be discouraged, & how to tell if certain parts were made after "Metal Masters" for beginners. I'll try to get that list to you to put up on the site soon Smile Thanks!
Great! Let me know once you're approved and I'll get it all up with a link to the event forum.
(Nov. 20, 2013  6:32 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: I'm planning on pulling together a list of most parts that will be discouraged, & how to tell if certain parts were made after "Metal Masters" for beginners. I'll try to get that list to you to put up on the site soon Smile Thanks!

Here's a list of all Hasbro Metal Fury/4D parts "discouraged"-

Energy Rings

Metal Wheels
Spin Tracks
Performance Tips
Hyperblades/4D

Energy Rings
(4D) Metal Wheels
Spin Tracks
Performance Tips
4D Bottoms/ Spintrack/Performance Tip
If I forgot anything, please tell me, haha. This took a long time. Tongue_out
Tournament's up, guys! Feel free to give us feedback on the date, while we're still able to be flexible Smile
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-12-27-13...ang--63866
I've been working on additional CT Beyblade tournament guidelines, and I feel something really important we should address is sportsmanship. Overall we see a high level of it at our tournaments, and I'm glad.

Always remember that a hand shake is a great gesture at the end of the match, as is congratulating the match winner.

Also remember that some of our younger player are still learning this. Learning by example is important for them, so if they see older players practicing good sportsmanship it'll go a long way!

The next thing I'd like to address is that by no means can we make exceptions for late attendees. For my tournaments I have a 30 minute for registration. Once the tournaments starts, you cannot participate whether you are 30 minutes late, or 5 minutes late. It's not fair to the other players.
OK, people, all new CT related information will now be posted in the new CT-only thread: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Connecti...Discussion.

The OP of that thread will always be updated with the latest information on CT tournaments, other events, etc...
Can someone please set up a tournament somewhere in the Waterbury area, or anywhere around that.
(Dec. 17, 2013  10:45 PM)Zack A Wrote: Can someone please set up a tournament somewhere in the Waterbury area, or anywhere around that.

As I've said before in PM:
Quote:as a host, its challenging enough to get a good indoor location, enough stadiums, prizes, etc.- hosts host locally and conveniently.

If you get a Zero-G stadium or BB-10, try hosting you're own WBO event.

To learn about hosting, go here- http://worldbeyblade.org/eventguide.pdf