{Connecticut, Rhode Island Area} Tournament Organizing

Ok, a lot of people have tried to organize a tournament and they have all basically failed. I have looked at other threads for this and still nothing. So this topic is to help the progression for tournaments here! Post your ideas and any other suggestions. Hopefully we can make something happen.

If we could organize something at a college in CT, that might work
Since I've joined I've been thinking of setting up a tournament in Hartford County. I won't be able to start planning anything until after the holidays, but I think it'd be great to have something official in CT.
I am from Groton, CT and go to college at Mitchell College in NL. A few of me and my friends still buy and play on a faithfully and we wanted to get a HMS/MFB tournament going across Groton, New London, and Norwich.
OK, I'm working on getting a space in Simsbury, CT for sometime at the beginning of March. Once I've got that I'll need to confirm at least 8 people so I can put a proposal into the WBO.
I'm in Great Barrington, MA and will DEF travel for a tourney!
My 6 yr old son, 5 yr old daughter (13 yr old son in the summer), probably my wife, and I would love to attend a tourney in eastern CT/RI if the organizer thought it would be ok for the young ones. (We'd be 1/2 a tournament all by ourselves!) Eee

We're in Griswold.
Great. I may have enough people to put in an application now! Stay tuned. I'm headed to NY Toy Fair next week, and won't be able to put my application together until after that.
Any news?
I'm in the process of going through my application with Kai-V now Smile Should know fairly soon!
Great. Thanks for trying to do this tournament, its quite awesome of you. Just wondering, fairly soon you said so maybe sometime this week or early next week?
(Feb. 21, 2013  9:33 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Great. Thanks for trying to do this tournament, its quite awesome of you. Just wondering, fairly soon you said so maybe sometime this week or early next week?

That would mean whenever Kai-V gets around to confirming it .
Anyway , if it is confirmed , the date is already set , no ?
I really hope this makes it through. I'd love a tournament. I mean the only ones I've been able to attend were Toys R Us, which we ok, but this would be amazing.
It's almost all set. Right now we're looking to do April 19th, but that may change to the 18th.

I'll post details once everything is finalized!
that sounds great! can't wait to hear more!!!

Sounds fantastic! Anything on location? (just wondering not to bother Tongue_out)
Not a problem! Simsbury, CT. It's just easier for me to organize that way. Just waiting on confirmation from the venue.
Sounds great. The date sounds good for now too for me, so if everything works out right, count me in!
(Feb. 22, 2013  11:28 PM)rkalajian Wrote: It's almost all set. Right now we're looking to do April 19th, but that may change to the 18th.

I'll post details once everything is finalized!

Is that a weekend? It'd be a lot easier for me on a weekend. Just asking, again not to be rude or anything. Joyful_2
It's actually not a weekend. It's a Friday. Hall rentals around here on the weekends are too expensive.
(Feb. 23, 2013  1:16 PM)rkalajian Wrote: It's actually not a weekend. It's a Friday. Hall rentals around here on the weekends are too expensive.
That's does make sense. Either way I should be able to go. Sounds fun!
(Feb. 23, 2013  1:16 PM)rkalajian Wrote: It's actually not a weekend. It's a Friday. Hall rentals around here on the weekends are too expensive.
I might be able to attend, since I live about 20 minutes away from Simsbury Smile
Can't beat a tournament that close to home!
I better start practiciing if I can go. I hope were not using Zero-G arenas, I've literally never battled in one at all haha
Nope, no Zero-G this time around Smile