[12/27/13 Berlin, CT] Before The Big Bang

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: au6t.jpg]

...Leone19 wanted me to post that one Tongue_out
Anyway, it's time... Leone19 & I will be cohosting our second tournament & this time, we decided to switch things up a little!
As the title says, this tournament will be using Beyblades from "before Big Bang" (in other words, we'll be having an optional, but HIGHLY encouraged pre-4D/Metal Fury tournament)

Registration Time: 8:30-9:00am
Tournament time: 9:00-12:00ish
Location: the Berlin Community Center - 234 Kensington Rd, Berlin, CT 06037 (same location as last time)
Format: BB-10
Prizes: TBD. Probably some Beyblades to go along with the theme, if you catch my drift Wink

So... what does this mean?
Basically, we wanted to make things more interesting, so if you choose to participate in this format, Beyblades from Zero G/Shogun Steel, 4D/Metal Fury, & Hyperblades will NOT be allowed.
What will be allowed are Beyblades from the first two seasons of the Metal Fight saga - This means anything from Metal Fusion and Metal Masters.

How do I know if my Beyblade is pre-4D?
Leone has complied a list of "illegal" Beyblades from 4D & Metal Fury. If you are not sure what Zero G is, basically, this means nothing with two metal wheels that you can put together. These are the Beyblades that have been in stores since the end of the summer. For any more clarification, feel free to ask one of us in the thread or through PM. We may make a list at a later time.

Do I need to use pre-4D Beyblades to participate in the tournament?
Absolutely not! If you don't have the proper equipment or you would just rather use new parts, by all means, go ahead.

How will this format work, exactly?
In order to do this fairly, Leone19 and I will ask both players before each match if they would like to use pre-4D Beys. If the answer is yes for both bladers, this format will take place. Be honest, guys. Saying that you want to have a pre-4D match & then battling with a synchrom isn't cool. In some cases, we may check to make sure that your parts will work beforehand. If one player wants to use newer parts, the match will proceed normally.

4D and Metal Fury parts that cannot be used for this format:
Zero G parts that cannot be used for this format:
Notice: In addition to banning all Zero G, Metal Fury, & 4D parts, the metal wheel Libra will also be discouraged in pre-4D play

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Confirmed Attendees:
The Supreme One
Leone19
Dr. Leo
XtraCorruption
Bladerblock
SmithA
SmithL
Sakyodragoon123
Nohzone
EJ10
Haspro

Possible Attendees:
Andyi6
Rkalajian
Akalajian
Dmkalajian
MidnightLWBO
Bahamdia Master
KingdomBlader
Hotrodalex
Joyce
baero
bbladerbrandon

Pre-4D Players
The Supreme One
Leone19
Xtracorruption
Bladerblock
SmithA
SmithL
Haspro
EJ10

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Are you allowed to ban parts? I don't hunk you can... Other than that good luck!
This tournament has been approved. As stated in the OP, the format is optional. If one chooses not to use pre-4D parts, they will still be allowed to use them in battles; we can only encourage it & hope that others will join in.
(Nov. 23, 2013  1:46 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: This tournament has been approved. As stated in the OP, the format is optional. If one chooses not to use pre-4D parts, they will still be allowed to use them in battles; we can only encourage it & hope that others will join in.
People usually follow the special formats, so good luck!
Hmm, interesting idea!

It will be interesting to see what places ; I would be surprised if Basalt 230CS didn't.
Thanks! I know some of the older guys who are coming will follow the format, so hopefully it will be successful Smile
ginga someone actually used that combination at CT's first tournament & did pretty well with it even though it was regular format haha
Who knows? Wink
I'm a bit late, but I'm obviously confirmed, since I'm cohosting haha.

Also, we'd like to emphasize that judges make the final say- no matter what. We had a bit of an issue with at Beys of Our Lives.
(Nov. 23, 2013  4:12 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Also, we'd like to emphasize that judges make the final say- no matter what. We had a bit of an issue with at Beys of Our Lives.

Well, except for whether both or one player in a BeyBattle refuses to use only parts from before 4D. However, if both players agree and that someone 'cheats' and ends up using 4D and Zero-G parts anyway, this can mean a lost BeyBattle since you committed to something formally.

So yes, in every other normal circumstance, judges do have the final word, and if you disagree with one of their decisions, report it to the Committee before the tournament gets processed.
(Nov. 23, 2013  4:17 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Nov. 23, 2013  4:12 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Also, we'd like to emphasize that judges make the final say- no matter what. We had a bit of an issue with at Beys of Our Lives.

Well, except for whether both or one player in a BeyBattle refuses to use only parts from before 4D. However, if both players agree and that someone 'cheats' and ends up using 4D and Zero-G parts anyway, this can mean a lost BeyBattle since you committed to something formally.

So yes, in every other normal circumstance, judges do have the final word, and if you disagree with one of their decisions, report it to the Committee before the tournament gets processed.

By "no matter what", I was just referring to usual things like Spin Steal and close battles, etc.
(A parent was very upset since a battle with Dragoon was close and her son ended up losing.)

But you bring up a good point, haha.
Wow, this looks like it will be fun, good luck!!!! I bet your gonna see alot of basalt and meteo lol XD
I don't know if it has to be closer (date wise), but can we be put on the homepage, please?
Put Me, akalajian, and dmkalajian as a maybe. Hope we can make it!
(Nov. 23, 2013  2:01 PM)rkalajian Wrote: Put Me, akalajian, and dmkalajian as a maybe. Hope we can make it!

You got it.

Hope we can see you there. Grin
This is so cool!

They did this in India once IIRC, banning 4D/Zero-G I mean... although, I believe they only restricted the Metal Wheels.

Can the judge actually enforce the rule? I mean if someone decides to cheat? IIRC the judges in India weren't allowed to enforce the rule, even if someone lied/cheated.

This sounds awesome! Grin
I can already see a lot of LLD BD145R2F being used and Basalt 230CS.
BTW u missed XF on your list
(Nov. 24, 2013  4:49 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: This is so cool!

They did this in India once IIRC, banning 4D/Zero-G I mean... although, I believe they only restricted the Metal Wheels.

Can the judge actually enforce the rule? I mean if someone decides to cheat? IIRC the judges in India weren't allowed to enforce the rule, even if someone lied/cheated.

This sounds awesome! Grin
Not really, but I think we'll be allowed to glance over the players' Beyblades to see if they're using the parts they say they are.

(Nov. 24, 2013  5:02 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: BTW u missed XF on your list
Thanks, DK. Adding that now.
List of Discouraged Shogun Steel/Zero-G Parts

Stone/Shogun Faces:

Crystal Wheels
Chrome Wheels
Tracks
Tips
Feel free to tell me if I forgot anything.

TheSupremeOne, please add this in the OP Grin
(Nov. 24, 2013  5:02 PM)DRAGON KING Wrote: BTW u missed XF on your list

Hasbro released XF with Meteo Assault, so it wouldn't be fair to "discourage" it. Tongue_out

EDIT: I did not mean to double-post, it was supposed to edit into my previous post, my bad. Tongue_out
(Nov. 24, 2013  4:58 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: I can already see a lot of LLD BD145R2F being used and Basalt 230CS.

I Agree Smile

Just A Question. What Would Happen If Some Newer Member Comes And Only Has Shogun Steel Beyblades?

Oh Yeah, Possible Please Smile
Put you down Smile If someone has only Shogun Steel beys, their matches will just take place as usual.
As usual, I am possible.
Got you all Smile Hopefully you guys will be able to make it!