Jul

ChoZ Bladers Choose Limited

Silver Spring, MD
Tournament Results
Wheaton Regional Park (USE STREET ADDRESS NOT PARK NAME)
2000 Shorefield Rd
  Meet under the pavillion with bright orange safety cones
11:30 AM on 07/11/2020
Format
Burst Limited

Selected official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
0 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[b]Format: [/b]The format for this event is Burst Limited, which is a restricted part format. Please read the first post in this thread prior to confirming your attendance to ensure that you or your child have the appropriate equipment to  compete. Legal parts / launchers will not be lent out by event staff.

We are setting up near the LEFT parking lot, at Pavilion A!
Host: The Supreme One

Location: This event will be held outdoors at Wheaton Regional Park. Please note the address in the description as the park itself is quite large and typing the park name into Google Maps will lead you in the wrong direction.

Time: As the tournament will start promptly at 12:00pm, please plan to arrive around 11:30am when registration will begin. Registration will close at 11:50am. Confirming your attendance on the WBO event page does not substitute for registration at the venue.

Prizes: Due to WBO funds currently being put on hold, prizes will not be offered at this event (fortunately this also means no entry fees!)

COVID-19 Precautions READ THIS BEFORE CONFIRMING YOUR ATTENDANCE:
This event will cooperate with the Montgomery County Phase 2 Reopening Guidelines, which require the following:

- Social distancing of 6 feet when possible
- Signs and markings indicating 6 feet gaps
- Face coverings for everyone over age 2 (Please note that players who do not bring their own face covering will be unable to compete)
- Guidance and training on the rules
- Disinfectants applied to common used surfaces

In addition, we respectfully request that all parents and siblings of tournament participants remain away from the playing area and avoid close interactions with tournament equipment and individuals outside of their immediate family. 

Other Information:
Please come prepared. It is helpful for both hosts and judges if all participants bring at least one Takara Tomy or Hasbro-manufactured Beyblade of their own and more than one launcher when possible. Additionally, parents of children under the age of 13 must be present for the duration of the event, as tournament end times can be difficult to estimate, and we would hate for someone to be left behind once it is over.

Be aware of your belongings. We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time. The tournament will begin no later than 1:00 PM and is expected to run for about 3 hours, though if there is a large turnout it may take longer. Please plan accordingly. If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!
[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade
[Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word! 
#BEYBLADE #MDBEYBLADE #WBO

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I will try my best to make it.

Do the parents/guardians have to wear a mask?
(Jun. 28, 2020  11:01 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I will try my best to make it.

Yes, anyone attending the event or chaperoning someone attending the event will be required to wear a mask. Hope you can make it!
(Jun. 28, 2020  11:03 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2020  11:01 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: I will try my best to make it.

Yes, anyone attending the event or chaperoning someone attending the event will be required to wear a mask. Hope you can make it!

Hmmmm. This’ll be hard to do. My dad would likely be the one taking me, and he isn’t exactly thrilled about wearing the masks. Would he have to wear one if he just stayed away from the tournament area, and walked around, or waited in a car?
You know ill be there!
ooF I can't come. And I just got a tt Beat Kukulcan yesterday. big sad for me. I hope that I can be at limited tournaments in the future tho
Yeet of zoomers
This is gonna be epic, can't wait for the Shreckoning 2: shrekletric boogaloo
(Jun. 28, 2020  11:05 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2020  11:03 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Yes, anyone attending the event or chaperoning someone attending the event will be required to wear a mask. Hope you can make it!

Hmmmm. This’ll be hard to do. My dad would likely be the one taking me, and he isn’t exactly thrilled about wearing the masks. Would he have to wear one if he just stayed away from the tournament area, and walked around, or waited in a car?

If he leaves the car or even has the windows rolled down, he has to wear a mask the entire time. The parking lot is fairly close to the area we'll be having the tournament. If he will not commit to wearing a mask the entire time, then we will ask that you not register for this tournament.

I'm sorry but we are required to follow legal guidelines for events in our region during these difficult times. We understand that some people choose not to. But we cannot bend or break those rules.

There will be plenty of tournaments you can register for after the current pandemic restrictions are over and the WBO event restrictions have eased.

Everyone needs to study the current rules for WBO events during these conditions at https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Coronav...ournaments
If you break them, you will be disqualified and asked to leave. We will not allow unsafe conditions.
(Jun. 29, 2020  12:34 AM)bladekid Wrote: This is gonna be epic, can't wait for the Shreckoning 2: shrekletric boogaloo

Hummm I wonder where you heard that from lol. . .
"In addition, we respectfully request that all parents and siblings of tournament participants remain away from the playing area and avoid close interactions with tournament equipment and individuals outside of their immediate family."
Unless your siblings are the sole accompanying person who drove you there, or are participating in the tournament themselves, there should not be a sibling there. The current rules for attending a tournament read as follows:

"5. Do Not Bring More Than 1 Person With You
All participants may not bring more than one person (parent, guardian, sibling, friend, etc) with them that isn't registered for the tournament.

Organizers may ask surplus people and or the participants who brought too many people with them to leave the area or tournament if they discover this rule has been broken."

Bladers, if you bring 2 spectators instead of the maximum 1, we will be forced to disqualify you and will ask you to leave immediately. We are following Montgomery County's rules, which limit 50 people to an event, and we can only have a 24 person tournament if we have a max of 1 extra person per blader.

If you're one blader participant and one non-participating parent or guardian is driving you to the tournament: That's okay!
If you're one blader participant and two non-participating parents or guardians are driving you to the tournament: You will not be able to participate! All of you will be asked to leave!
If you're two blader participants, one of whom is a parent or guardian who drove you there: That's okay!
If you're two blader participants (maybe siblings) and one non-participating parent or guardian is driving you to the tournament: That's okay!
If you're two blader participants (maybe siblings) and two non-participating parents or guardians are driving you to the tournament: That's okay too!
If you're two blader participants (maybe siblings) and three non-participating parents or guardians are driving you to the tournament: You will not be able to participate! All of you will be asked to leave!

We are not playing games where one person can bring extra people with them if another person self-drives. We are not keeping track of all that. Bring one non-participant per blader, maximum.

We're sorry, but we have to follow local and WBO guidelines. If you are unwilling to follow these guidelines, that's okay, we look forward to seeing you at later tournaments when restrictions ease up.
(Jun. 29, 2020  12:35 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jun. 28, 2020  11:05 PM)CheetoBlader Wrote: Hmmmm. This’ll be hard to do. My dad would likely be the one taking me, and he isn’t exactly thrilled about wearing the masks. Would he have to wear one if he just stayed away from the tournament area, and walked around, or waited in a car?

If he leaves the car or even has the windows rolled down, he has to wear a mask the entire time. The parking lot is fairly close to the area we'll be having the tournament. If he will not commit to wearing a mask the entire time, then we will ask that you not register for this tournament.

I'm sorry but we are required to follow legal guidelines for events in our region during these difficult times. We understand that some people choose not to. But we cannot bend or break those rules.

There will be plenty of tournaments you can register for after the current pandemic restrictions are over and the WBO event restrictions have eased.

Everyone needs to study the current rules for WBO events during these conditions at https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Coronav...ournaments
If you break them, you will be disqualified and asked to leave. We will not allow unsafe conditions.
What if he was further away from the playing area? Also, no one besides the staff can register right now anyways…

What if a sibling were to stay in a car where they’d be isolated away from everyone else?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I want to be able to clarify all of them before asking my guardian.
(Jun. 29, 2020  12:57 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2020  12:35 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: If he leaves the car or even has the windows rolled down, he has to wear a mask the entire time. The parking lot is fairly close to the area we'll be having the tournament. If he will not commit to wearing a mask the entire time, then we will ask that you not register for this tournament.

What if he was further away from the playing area? Also, no one besides the staff can register right now anyways…

What if a sibling were to stay in a car where they’d be isolated away from everyone else?

Sorry for asking so many questions, but I want to be able to clarify all of them before asking my guardian.

No, we're not playing these distance games. He either masks or he remains in the car with the windows rolled up.

You get to bring one non-participant per blader. So, if you're the only participant, and your dad drove you, and your sibling was just there, You Would Be Denied Registration And Asked To Leave.

(Jun. 29, 2020  1:02 AM)BladerUmar Wrote: why cant i join there is no join button

There is currently a bug. Please wait patiently while they fix it. It might be a day or so before they do, which is unfortunate timing.
Excited to see the winning combos.
Dang, can’t come because of the border closure. Hope everyone has fun! Although, I think reducing the participant maximum would be best right now.
(Jun. 29, 2020  1:17 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: Dang, can’t come because of the border closure. Hope everyone has fun! Although, I think reducing the participant maximum would be best right now.

Might be a good idea, but ideally we'd want to avoid Team Round Robin, TSO has a valid dislike of that format. But even if we reduced the max participants, we would not allow having more than one accompanying person per blader.
Thanks DC! Also worth noting that the executive order defines 1 person as a single person OR a family unit, but we wanted to take the more conservative approach of limiting attendance to 50 people in general and 24 in the tournament vicinity.
Man, I'm hoping I'll be able to come abd participate, especially since it's on a Saturday, hoping I'll be able to get VTO'ed that day so i can join it (if and when the Join button comes back on), also depending on if my Mother will be able to bring me up here, which case I'm really really, very very much hoping so, if i do, it'll be awesome seeing y'all in person again, especially since I've been improving my power launching with the Sparking Beylaunchers (both left and right launchers)
(Jun. 29, 2020  4:27 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Thanks DC! Also worth noting that the executive order defines 1 person as a single person OR a family unit, but we wanted to take the more conservative approach of limiting attendance to 50 people in general and 24 in the tournament vicinity.

That's admittedly true. Even if the county is willing to count a family unit of 8 people as one person for event limit counting purposes, we're not! If more than 50 people are present at the tournament, we will be disqualifying offenders until we have fewer than 50.

I want to make sure all bladers let their parents know ahead of time: we will not accept angry parents debating the rules behind our tournament safety procedures during the pandemic. Those restrictions exist for everyone to be safe. If they raise a fuss we will ask them, and you, to leave. If they continue to raise a fuss, the blader associated with the parent will additionally receive a tournament behavioral violation. You are responsible for your accompanying parents outbursts.

These are dangerous times and we take everyone's safety seriously, even if they do not.
Hey what about earth eagle and flame

And also what about bullet
(Jun. 29, 2020  10:44 PM)Xavier Bogard Wrote: Hey what about earth eagle and flame

And also what about bullet
It does not list those, so it should be fine. Check the rulebook next time.
(Jun. 29, 2020  11:00 PM)BladerUmar Wrote: can i bring mirage fafnir 2s nothing
You may bring it, but you may only use the Nothing driver. Check the rulebook next time.

You can but you can’t play it in the tournament because it’s a sparking bey

I know you're excited to go to a Beyblade tournament, but as this thread says, this is a tournament for the new experimental Burst Limited format. And most of the TT layers you can use are only those God and before, and a few ChoZ. Most Hasbro layers are allowed, but as was told to you before, you need to find and read the rules document before even considering registering for this tournament.

If you have to ask "Can I bring X" then you should probably just skip this tournament for one a little less restrictive in the parts.
Xavier's question was a little more understandable, as both those parts are in an unclear designation. But all Sparking Beys are banned in Limited format.