Burst GT Format (BGT) Experimental Period Announcement and Discussion

Over the past few months, the WBO Community has come together to work openly in the forums, and the WBO Discord, on a Burst format centered around the BeyBlade Burst GT era.  The experimental format is temporarily named Burst GT Format (BGT).

This format is now available for Organizers to host unranked experimental events.  We are looking for tournaments data to provide development feedback to help perfect the ruleset.

About Burst GT Format (BGT)

Due to the large power-creep caused by Super King/Sparking and Dynamite Battle releases, GT and most of Cho Z Layer releases have lost their place within any format the WBO offers. The large weight difference mean that these releases simply cannot compete in the Burst Standard Format. So we're trying to give them a place that they can be used again.

Many players have these parts laying around somewhere completely unusable in competitive play. A lot of relevant parts are currently easily accessible due to the contemporary Hasbro Pro Series releases.  There is no time like the present to experiment with this format. 

But this won't just simply be a predictable repeat of the GT meta.  The MFB remakes and some early Super King/Sparking layers are being put into the mix.  Plus, all drivers release to date will be legal in this format, which spices up the metagame.

But this ruleset isn't perfect yet, and we need the help from the community to perfect it. We're looking for experimental tournaments to be hosted using this ruleset to provide us with competitive event data to base decisions on, as well as feedback and discussion on what the community thinks about the rules in place.

So what are you waiting for? Come help us make the best ruleset we can for Burst GT Format!

Rule Overview (version 1.0)
During the Experimental testing period, all events using this format will be unranked.

Bans:
Layers
  • All Super King/Sparking System Layers (Takara Tomy), except: Glide, Curse, Super, King, Variant, Death, Abyss, First
  • All Dynamite System Layers (Takara Tomy)

Forge Discs
  • All Super King/Sparking, and Dynamite Battle System Forge Discs (Takara Tomy)

Chassis
  • All Super King/Sparking System Double Chassis

Experimental Period Notes

1. Length: An initial experimental format period of at least 5 events across at least 3 months is planned.  
  2. Region Requirements: The experimental events must be in at least 3 different regions (50 miles/80 Kilometers as suggested by Organizer’s Guide) for the format to be considered for ranked status.  
  3. Evaluation Method: After the initial minimum of 5 events across the minimum of 3 months, the format will be formally evaluated and discussed by the Organized Play team to see if another block of 5 events/3 months experimental period is necessary for additional format evaluation.  Event results and community feedback will be reviewed. An announcement will be made shortly after the end of each experimental period to inform the community of the our progress.
  4. For Organizers: When hosting a Burst GT format event during experimental period the event title must include the mention of “Burst GT Format.” Organizers should propose Burst GT Format events by choosing the "Burst" format, clearly designate in the event description that it is a Burst GT format event, and link to the interim rulebook. The template below can be used for this:

For Organizers: Burst GT Format – Event Description Template (Click to View)

Change Log

Event Archive

1) https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Shin-LA...22--103454

2) https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-FOREVER...at--103577

3) https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Burst-G...NT--103766

4) https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Do-you-miss-GT--103777

5) https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Rise-of-GT-Zwei

6) https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Curse-G...at--104017

https://beybase.com/beyblade-burst-gt-fo...nt-report/ (Tournament report on Beybase)

7) https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Silver-...GT--104280

8) https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-TIER-ZE...pid1823759

9) https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblad...of-Pegasus

10) https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-BEYBLAD...at--103927

11) https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Nock-Em...al--104890

12) https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Just-Sign-Up--104753

13) https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Time-to...at--105141

14) https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-PROJECT...-GT-Format

15) https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Back-In-Time…-To-GT

Feedback?
If you have any feedback on Burst GT Format, or any questions or suggestions for further adjustments or additions, please post your thoughts below or in the Burst GT WBO Discord channel which will be added shortly.
YES YES YES YES. Having played around with this format a bunch I am super excited for it. It's such a broad format, melding a lot of attributes of standard with a much, much more aggressive and less safe landscape. Easily one of my favourite formats.

I have made some notes on the various layers I see as having a significant place in the format. I posted this in the EOI thread but will quote it here for reference to those looking at this format. I know some have said the format may be narrow, but if you look at this list you can probably see how much depth actually lurks beneath the surface of this format.

I've done brief testing on the superking layers but the notes are even briefer so I'm gonna leave em out but will update as I test stuff out, in case anyone is interested in my ramblings. I am concerned about Curse, as I felt it was just too much defensively to allow the format's aggression to keep LAD in check. However, I would also say I really do think Brave is probably fine in the format, it doesn't really do anything in any worthwhile way even in GT, I'm surprised it was left out.

(Nov. 09, 2021  10:20 AM)th!nk Wrote: In response to the comments about a limited number of layers seeing use, there will always be favourites, but here are the layers I would consider solidly top tier:

Judgment - absolute monster attack part, holy moly, mainly tempered by other attack types, imperial and people's unwillingness to play attack.
Zwei - another beast of an attack layer, but left spin. Very capable even on qc'
Lightning L-Drago - LLD is basically a lighter but much faster Zwei, making it very very consistent and perhaps even more powerful, at the cost of additional burst risk and lighter weight. It is just as good and maybe better, depending what you're after from it. Or you could just run all of the first three entries on this list as a deck - would probably work. Also works well on Zn'+Z if you fondly remember non rubber Rage combos being relevant (to be clear tho - it's better on rubber and burstable even with dash). It is also extremely clean with its KOs, with few bounce backs, and works better on jl' than other layers too? Idk, I love it though, I'll do a testing thread soon! - One concern I have is that the introduction of potentially? heavier sparking setups with MCC/Metal Chips could be an issue for it, which would be very unfortunate.
Lord - Versatile and solid at a lot of things, great for spin stealing with a bit of aggression on tap.
Master - Great left spin defense and stamina, okay in right. Pretty fearsome, but can be handled.
Tact - A very potent and historically overlooked part, (largely due to its rarity). Tact trades blows with Master for the best left spin defensive layer, and in fact can be better as its two big fixed spikes wear down, giving it better odds against judgment than almost anything else. The gimmick is kinda secondary, but can be interesting. Overall one of the strongest layers in the format, it would take a fool to overlook this due to Master's existence. It does benefit a lot from newer drivers that work better with its impressive size. Layer Weights don't have the hugest effect tbh, as they spikes still shift even with Goku.
Imperial - Great attack part with anti-attack ability making it good on rubber or Destroy', with the Hasbro release and later molds fixing the burst resistance issue it apparently had (don't own an affected one).
Perfect Phoenix - Excellent survival with solid defense
Revive Phoenix - Maybe a little better defensively than pP, while also good for survival.
Archer Hercules - very good right spin defense
Cosmo - Hybrid and Ig' are key drivers, and Cosmo is possibly the best layer for them - it has an incredible smooth underside and good OWD. It is okay on lower stuff but the nodules can have a bit of recoil.
Naked - Decent defense and spin stealing, Paradox Xt+ has amazing LAD though, which gives it some distinct use. Have to watch the balance a bit because of the centre of gravity being a bit high.
Heaven - Excellent right stamina, in particular seems like one of the more viable users of bearing in the format.
Turbo Spryzen S4 - With excellent slopes and access to HasBearing (which is slightly shorter than Bearing so needs lift rather than wall), TS4 10Lift HasBr has great LAD - not hard to KO though. It also has various other weird gimmick drivers available due to Hasbro, which may give it a surprise factor.
Burn Phoenix - Decent defense (though burst res is suspect) but more importantly like Cosmo the smooth underside is great with Ig' in particular.
Knockout - This makes for some nice compacts - Knockout Diabolos Blitz Zn'+Z can prove quite irritating for Zwei for example. There may be better ways to use it still, but it is at least a useful addition to the toolbox.

Other stuff I have that might be good:
Infinite Lock Layers - these are interesting and I actually like Regalia Genesis Shot as a bit more than a meme, could be interesting same spin. Also like these on Almight, which doesn't have to be Yeet Launched to have top tier LAD in this format - Regalia Genesis (Big Bang Armor) Almight+S+V is actually quite a mean combo, with great LAD and significant heft to it, a kind of Weight Based Defense combo. And Big Bang Genesis (No Armor) HasWheel Iron (small bang genesis?) Is kinda spicy.
Hell (remake) - Needs better teeth than even Unicorno has, but it can take hits well when it doesn't burst. Definitely an edge case tho.
Ace (Stopper Mold) - the later version of Ace with burst stoppers seems like it could be solid for defensive or anti-attack use. May be overshadowed by Imperial but possibly at least a viable option.

Stuff I don't have that I'm curious about:
Spryzen Requiem S3 - Tight molds should be very good with Hasbro Bearing, competing with TS4
Balkesh B3 - As above, tight ones on Hasbro Bearing should pose a competitive threat.
Storm Pegasis - fast as heck, and pretty powerful, could maybe see use?
Gravity Perseus - I am not sure it will see huge use but it might find a niche?

I sincerely believe all of those in the first section are highly competitive, and the others definitely have a look in too. That seems quite varied to me personally?
Great, now I have to dig through my drafts and update them accordingly.
(Feb. 18, 2022  8:38 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Great, now I have to dig through my drafts and update them accordingly.

This is still an experimental format, you do not need to make changes to your drafts regarding this at the moment.
I got back into Beyblade right when GT was winding down, and just before SK started, so I ended up with a bunch of good GT-Era parts that were quickly outclassed. So let me just say, seeing this come back as an experimental format makes me super happy.
(Feb. 18, 2022  9:41 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2022  8:38 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: Great, now I have to dig through my drafts and update them accordingly.

This is still an experimental format, you do not need to make changes to your drafts regarding this at the moment.
Ok, (off topic warning) but do you know how to get my drafts approved? I have so many, and none of them are green lighted(The drafts are the reason I joined in the first place)
(Back on topic) its a shame Archer Hercules is my only good part for this still in good shape. Salamander’s mode change is broken (locking mechanism), Judgement and Zwei are worn down(zwei is even gone), my only GT bases are Erase and Slash (which are doo doo as they are not the one you listed).
Did you seriously ban Brave Valkyrie and allow Super Hyperion?
(Feb. 18, 2022  11:27 AM)g2_ Wrote: Did you seriously ban Brave Valkyrie and allow Super Hyperion?
I think becuz Brave is too good at right spin attack, Super was able to coexist with Judgement according to the article on the wiki, so it’s more balanced.
(Feb. 18, 2022  11:38 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2022  11:27 AM)g2_ Wrote: Did you seriously ban Brave Valkyrie and allow Super Hyperion?
I think becuz Brave is too good at right spin attack, Super was able to coexist with Judgement according to the article on the wiki, so it’s more balanced.

Super was being used on a double chassis for that (and even then I don't think it's nearly as good as Judgment). Brave is inert, I am pretty sure I would pick Super over it even with only single chassis.

As for your drafts, it has been a while since I oversaw any part of what was then BeyWiki, but articles are only accepted when well-thought out and referenced, and you generally want to have the part, or work very closely with multiple people who do, to get it accepted. My suggestion for you personally would be to work with a part that you have and can test as a single draft, focus on making one really excellent draft that covers all aspects of it, is checked and referenced based on testing and discussion. Do that instead of making a bunch of patchy ones, and go from there. It is not a race, but be the tortoise and not the hare.
(Feb. 18, 2022  12:08 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2022  11:38 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: I think becuz Brave is too good at right spin attack, Super was able to coexist with Judgement according to the article on the wiki, so it’s more balanced.

Super was being used on a double chassis for that (and even then I don't think it's nearly as good as Judgment). Brave is inert, I am pretty sure I would pick Super over it even with only single chassis.

As for your drafts, it has been a while since I oversaw any part of what was then BeyWiki, but articles are only accepted when well-thought out and referenced, and you generally want to have the part, or work very closely with multiple people who do, to get it accepted. My suggestion for you personally would be to work with a part that you have and can test as a single draft, focus on making one really excellent draft that covers all aspects of it, is checked and referenced based on testing and discussion. Do that instead of making a bunch of patchy ones, and go from there. It is not a race, but be the tortoise and not the hare.
Ok, of my drafts I have (which I will leave there for further discussion, hence making them in the first place), I only have World, Savior, 2B, 2S, Prominence, dangerous, Almight, Belial 2, Phoenix, Perseus, Bearing', Rage, 3A....
And I don’t have really competitive parts such as Xtreme', another Bearing’ etc. For sufficient testing. I don’t get to collect many stuff, hence my articles doo doo.....
Though I’ve taken Kei’s reviews more into account when writing them nowadays.

Most of my drafts are also unfortunately devoid of comments (sad), only people starring them (that are not me, I’m not a narcissist’
(Feb. 18, 2022  11:38 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote:

Brave’s right spin attack is bad honestly, it’s only thing it was good at was stamina, and even then it was outclassed.
Pretty excited about this. High Xtend+' and Bearing' is definitely gonna show play. The Power Creep between SuperKing and DynamiteBattle was really big No joke.

Here are some combos I think should do great in this format:

Naked Longinus Paradox Metal Drift Goku

Glide LuciferII 00 Expand Destroy'/Metal Destroy 1S

Turbo Spryzen 00 Wall/Rachet(TT) Bearing

Master Spriggan Sting Bearing'/Zone+Z'

Zwei Diabolos Drake Xceed+Z'

Union Diabolos Sting Metal Xtreme

(LC)Perfect Pheonix Sting High Xtend+'

And Now The Kings Of Kings (Meme Alert)

Wizard Spriggan Blitz Metal Xtreme Goku Go Brrrrrrrrrrrrr
I’m very excited about this format. It’s got a lot of variety and a good attack launch will beat just about everything. There were also a lot of parts that got overlooked or not enough time to shine, such as Tact, Knockout, Lightning L-Drago, etc.
I'm surprised there aren't any banned drivers. But it's really fine. ngl the thing im most excited for is the fact that Hasbro is back in the meta. Yay.
(Feb. 18, 2022  1:45 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2022  11:38 AM)p0l1w4g06 Wrote: I think becuz Brave is too good at right spin attack, Super was able to coexist with Judgement according to the article on the wiki, so it’s more balanced.

Brave’s right spin attack is bad honestly, it’s only thing it was good at was stamina, and even then it was outclassed.
Bad? Absolutely not. It was incredible, but still outclassed by Judgement.
This is great! BGT let’s gooooo! I know alot of people are probably thinking, “what!? You didn’t ban any drivers?” Or” what!? You didn’t ban any dynamite battle discs or wheel!?” But this is experimental for a reason. And let’s be honest, when this format’s experimental stage is over with we will undoubtedly have most DB discs and wheel (maybe not wheel) along with some drivers out of the mix. In my opinion GT was, and now even more so due to new parts, the most versatile format. There’s just so many parts that could be used and here’s to hoping it becomes ranked! To BGT everyone!

(Also you should probably add the chips that are banned for the superking bases, I know it’s experimental but I mean someone using glide solomon destroy’ 2A just doesn’t bode well with me)
AWWWWW YISSS!! As a newcomer, I only have GT beys!!!!
Adding on some Sparking Layers seems interesting enough, im more intrigued on how that'll play out
I wanna try and finally go to tournaments by 2024-2025 and i think this new format sounds awesome on its own.

Im thinking of running the following combos

Judgement Diabolos1.Blitz.Venture+V
Lord Spriggan.0Cross.Never
Zwei Bahamut.Sting.Xceed' Goku
Super Hyperion2.Blitz.Destroy'.1D
Perfect Phoenix.Outer.Bearing'
(Feb. 18, 2022  4:13 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: This is great! BGT let’s gooooo! I know alot of people are probably thinking, “what!? You didn’t ban any drivers?” Or” what!? You didn’t ban any dynamite battle discs or wheel!?” But this is experimental for a reason. And let’s be honest, when this format’s experimental stage is over with we will undoubtedly have most DB discs and wheel (maybe not wheel) along with some drivers out of the mix. In my opinion GT was, and now even more so due to new parts, the most versatile format. There’s just so many parts that could be used and here’s to hoping it becomes ranked! To BGT everyone!

(Also you should probably add the chips that are banned for the superking bases, I know it’s experimental but I mean someone using glide solomon destroy’ 2A just doesn’t bode well with me)

DB and SK discs are banned. Imo there aren't any drivers which need to be banned (if anything, it would only be because something like Curse turns out to be too strong). I would prefer not having any chips with rubber or metal around, personally, but I guess we'll see ☺️
(Feb. 18, 2022  4:02 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2022  1:45 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Brave’s right spin attack is bad honestly, it’s only thing it was good at was stamina, and even then it was outclassed.
Bad? Absolutely not. It was incredible, but still outclassed by Judgement.

Nah, the only thing that gave it any attack potential was 2S, and even then it struggled hard (I tested for it back then, it just wasn’t very good for attack). Ask anyone from the sparking era and they’ll tell you. It’s best use was it on Xtend+ 2A back then, and eventually it stopped seeing use as well.

Edit: I went back to check my testing, and I still stand by my statement that brave’s attack wasn’t very good. It worked best on mixed attack/stamina setups such as Xtend+ 2A.
(Feb. 18, 2022  4:47 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2022  4:13 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: This is great! BGT let’s gooooo! I know alot of people are probably thinking, “what!? You didn’t ban any drivers?” Or” what!? You didn’t ban any dynamite battle discs or wheel!?” But this is experimental for a reason. And let’s be honest, when this format’s experimental stage is over with we will undoubtedly have most DB discs and wheel (maybe not wheel) along with some drivers out of the mix. In my opinion GT was, and now even more so due to new parts, the most versatile format. There’s just so many parts that could be used and here’s to hoping it becomes ranked! To BGT everyone!

DB and SK discs are banned. Imo there aren't any drivers which need to be banned (if anything, it would only be because something like Curse turns out to be too strong). I would prefer not having any chips with rubber or metal around, personally, but I guess we'll see ☺️
Oh! Sorry I read that wrong. My mistake. And yeah it’s be best if just the normal SK chips were allowed. Without rubber or metal, or MCCs.
Most definitely excited for this one. I'm surprised Infinite Speed wasn't added onto the Sparking Ring whitelist although I doubt that it would have any use. Looking forward to the 26th to finally test this format out Smile
(Feb. 18, 2022  4:45 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: I wanna try and finally go to tournaments by 2024-2025 and i think this new format sounds awesome on its own.

Im thinking of running the following combos

Judgement Diabolos1.Blitz.Venture+V
Lord Spriggan.0Cross.Never
Zwei Bahamut.Sting.Xceed' Goku
Super Hyperion2.Blitz.Destroy'.1D
Perfect Phoenix.Outer.Bearing'

*Sting and Around exist* My dude uses Outer.