Burst Classic - New Format Feedback & Discussion

I think that reworking the Dash driver system would be a good thing. I think that Every dash driver except Destroy and Accel dash should be allowed, BUT with restrictions on certain layers like Odin and Deathscyther.
I personally think this is a great idea! But does anyone know of a good way to find single layers like Odin, Neptune and Wyvern?
(Feb. 09, 2019  2:28 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: I personally think this is a great idea! But does anyone know of a good way to find single layers like Odin, Neptune and Wyvern?

eBay seems to be the best option at the time
Wait? Are all slingshock drivers besides Hn-S banned? Tha'd be an oof.
(Feb. 09, 2019  10:33 PM)bladekid Wrote: Wait? Are all slingshock drivers besides Hn-S banned? Tha'd be an oof.

All slingshock drivers at this current moment are allowed
(Feb. 09, 2019  11:23 PM)BurstMaster Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2019  10:33 PM)bladekid Wrote: Wait? Are all slingshock drivers besides Hn-S banned? Tha'd be an oof.

All slingshock drivers at this current moment are allowed

Oh ok, the rulebook says otherwise.
(Feb. 09, 2019  11:28 PM)bladekid Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2019  11:23 PM)BurstMaster Wrote: All slingshock drivers at this current moment are allowed

Oh ok, the rulebook says otherwise.

Like I told them earlier, their rulebook is wrong.
(Feb. 10, 2019  2:52 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Feb. 09, 2019  11:28 PM)bladekid Wrote: Oh ok, the rulebook says otherwise.

Like I told them earlier, their rulebook is wrong.

Oh ok, thank you!
(Feb. 10, 2019  4:24 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2019  2:52 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Like I told them earlier, their rulebook is wrong.

Oh ok, thank you!
Sorry for waiting. Now this and one more issue is fixed:

SlingShock is allowed.
Strike Valtryek regulation.
(Feb. 10, 2019  6:19 PM)ks123 Wrote:
(Feb. 10, 2019  4:24 AM)bladekid Wrote: Oh ok, thank you!
Sorry for waiting. Now this and one more issue is fixed:

SlingShock is allowed.
Strike Valtryek regulation.
Thanks
Why are turbo layers banned, the entire first wave should be allowrd except k4
There are three kinds of Turbo layers: Cho-Z ports (done badly without metal, those are banned for obvious reasons), dual layer recolors (all allowed except J4), and the new ones (Ogre, Dullahan, etc) which haven't undergone extensive testing or release yet so those are still banned.

I mean, you can say things like "they should be allowed" except you haven't done any sort of testing to back up those words.
(Feb. 15, 2019  7:21 AM)MDK Shady Wrote: Why are turbo layers banned, the entire first wave should be allowrd except k4

What? Even the dual packs? I really don't think that would be a good idea considering the dual pack beys are still switch strike pretty much. As for the turbo layers, the only ones I could see are A4, S4 (sphinx) and maybe V4. F4, while not the best, still beats most attack types from the dual layers and it's still pretty strong, R4 is honestly not that bad, it's a solid attack type and has good stamina. Id say L4 and S4, but we don't want any more left spin beys in the game.
No more requests to allow Turbo layers. You've all gone through your quota of those. Wishes aren't fishes.

If you want to prove Cyclops/Dullahan/Kraken/Ogre/Sphinx/Typhon should be allowed in Burst Classic, then the onus is on your to test the dang things, extensively, to the degree that every other layer got tested for classic, including getting Wiki articles for each of them written up. Start there, get the testing done after.

If you want the recolors allowed, guess what: They already are except for Jormuntor J4.

If you want to prove that Amaterios A3, Forneus F4, Hercules H4, Leopard L4, Luinor L4, Phoenix P4, Roktavor R4, Salamander S4, Wonder Valtryek V4, Xcalius X4, or Z Achilles A4 should be allowed because they're not completely meta-breaking in Burst Classic, well, then the onus is on your to test the dang things, extensively, to the degree that every other layer got tested for classic, including getting Wiki articles for each of them written up. Start there, get the testing done after.

Start getting those entries in the wiki. We'll wait.

Stop saying "Turbo Layers" because there's 3 different kinds. We should really edit the first post to stop saying "All Turbo Layers" because it's confusing people.
(Feb. 15, 2019  2:35 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: No more requests to allow Turbo layers. You've all gone through your quota of those. Wishes aren't fishes.

If you want to prove Cyclops/Dullahan/Kraken/Ogre/Sphinx/Typhon should be allowed in Burst Classic, then the onus is on your to test the dang things, extensively, to the degree that every other layer got tested for classic, including getting Wiki articles for each of them written up. Start there, get the testing done after.

If you want the recolors allowed, guess what: They already are except for Jormuntor J4.

If you want to prove that Amaterios A3, Forneus F4, Hercules H4, Leopard L4, Luinor L4, Phoenix P4, Roktavor R4, Salamander S4, Wonder Valtryek V4, Xcalius X4, or Z Achilles A4 should be allowed because they're not completely meta-breaking in Burst Classic, well, then the onus is on your to test the dang things, extensively, to the degree that every other layer got tested for classic, including getting Wiki articles for each of them written up. Start there, get the testing done after.

Start getting those entries in the wiki. We'll wait.

Stop saying "Turbo Layers" because there's 3 different kinds. We should really edit the first post to stop saying "All Turbo Layers" because it's confusing people.
Yes. This is Burst Classic format, not Turbo format. Turbo layers is very strongs and Single and Dual layers defeat most Turbo layers.
Wait what? Did you just say turbo layers are strong, and then proceed to say tha basic & dual layers can beat them? 1 all turbo slingshock (hasbro versions for the cho-z line of beys, not the cho-z prefix beys) layers are going to be garbage, except for the cho-z prefix beys. This is because all of those said beys require the metal on their layers to make their gimmick effective. But u see the point that since turbo sling shock ayers are getting gimmicks finally, that we should just take out the turboslingshock layers. However, there is no reason to ban any wave one layers except for gk. This is because they lose their gimmicks and have terrible slopes. All hasbro exclusive beys should be allowed because they are light, they have terrible slopes, and they dont have gimmicks. At least not for now. Roktavor r4 would be the biggest problem we allow turbo layer along with gk just ban those 2. Also zeutron doesn’t have good slopes, it is just that the driver has a good spring. I am not saying this to bug the people who tested the layers for this format, but you can’t just say that all turbo slingshock layers and hasbro exclusive turbo layers should be banned, when they are just glorified dual layers, wonder valtryek is basically victory Valkyrie but worse because its slopes are just a bit looser. Luinor l4 is too light and almost always will burst when the opposing bey gets just a bit slow. Forneus seems good, but it was due to the driver in its stock form Yard-S. Achilles is hot garbage, no question needed. The hasbro exclusive turbo layers look formidable but since they got no metal and no gimmicks they are just standard dual layers with garbage slopes. The point is, even though no one is going to use turbo beys, there should still be an opportunity to do so since the normal meta wont allow for it. 2 what does burst classic even mean? Sure there wont be a thing as turbo format, but it is silly to say burst classic, when the format allows some god/switchstrike layers to be allowed. How is it classic if newer drivers are allowed? Do the layers and disk define classic? No seriously i’m not mad about that statement, but i want to know. As of right it seems more like a Burst limited (like it should be) than a burst classic.

PS: sorry if I sound salty, I just dont understand why turbo slingshock (aside form the gimmicky one) layers are banned.
(Feb. 16, 2019  4:07 AM)MDK Shady Wrote: Wait what? Did you just say turbo layers are strong, and then proceed to say tha basic & dual layers can beat them?  1 all turbo slingshock (hasbro versions for the cho-z line of beys, not the cho-z prefix beys) layers are going to be garbage, except for the cho-z prefix beys. This is because all of those said beys require the metal on their layers to make their gimmick effective. But u see the point that since turbo sling shock ayers are getting gimmicks finally, that we should just take out the turboslingshock layers. However, there is no reason to ban any wave one layers except for gk. This is because they lose their gimmicks and have terrible slopes. All hasbro exclusive beys should be allowed because they are light, they have terrible slopes, and they dont have gimmicks. At least not for now. Roktavor r4 would be the biggest problem we allow turbo layer along with gk just ban those 2. Also zeutron doesn’t have good slopes, it is just that the driver has a good spring. I am not saying this to bug the people who tested the layers for this format, but you can’t just say that all turbo slingshock layers and hasbro exclusive turbo layers should be banned, when they are just glorified dual layers, wonder valtryek is basically victory Valkyrie but worse because its slopes are just a bit looser. Luinor l4 is too light and almost always will burst when the opposing bey gets just a bit slow. Forneus seems good, but it was due to the driver in its stock form Yard-S. Achilles is hot garbage, no question needed. The hasbro exclusive turbo layers look formidable but since they got no metal and no gimmicks they are just standard dual layers with garbage slopes. The point is, even though no one is going to use turbo beys, there should still be an opportunity to do so since the normal meta wont allow for it. 2 what does burst classic even mean? Sure there wont be a thing as turbo format, but it is silly to say burst classic, when the format allows some god/switchstrike layers to be allowed. How is it classic if newer drivers are allowed? Do the layers and disk define classic? No seriously i’m not mad about that statement, but i want to know. As of right it seems more like a Burst limited (like it should be) than a burst classic.

PS: sorry if I sound salty, I just dont understand why turbo slingshock (aside form the gimmicky one)  layers are banned.

some of us want this where they are allowed but others say no because it gets rid of the whole classic name in The Format that's for me to begin with I did not like the name classic I just wanted a Limited Format whare we could just use single and dual layers and maybe some God layers
This isn't going to get the layers you want unbanned.

Do the tests, show your work. Make your own format. Play standard. You have many choices.
Please, for everyone's sake, can we just get rid of this ridiculous notion that Burst Classic must exclude all parts released after the Dual Layer era? I don't know why everyone is so violently opposed to allowing Turbo, or Dash Drivers, or God Layers, you do realize that if we had only the Single and Dual Layer parts, the Burst Classic meta would be the same as it was the first time around? With the metal removed from the Layers and the burst resistance nerfed due to the weak slopes, Hasbro's Turbo Layers (except Kerbeus K4, which is a weird outlier) are on a power tier much closer to the Single/Dual Layers than anything else, and I've actually had KJ do some tests that corroborate these results, so it stands to reason that they should be legal. Right now, the only reason that they're not is due to the fact that they're still currently in production and each new one would need to be evaluated on release (which would lead to a lot of rule updates). As for the new Hasbro Exclusive stuff like Dullahan and Ogre, those are parts we really don't have much information on, so we should get some testing on them before making a final decision, but given that their circumstances are very similar to both Turbo and the Hasbro exclusive Dual Layers I doubt they'll be a serious threat to the health of the Classic meta.

(Feb. 15, 2019  2:48 PM)ks123 Wrote: Yes. This is Burst Classic format, not Turbo format. Turbo layers is very strongs and Single and Dual layers defeat most Turbo layers.
(Feb. 16, 2019  6:14 AM)ZYeYO Wrote: some of us want this where they are allowed but others say no because it gets rid of the whole classic name in The Format that's for me to begin with I did not like the name classic I just wanted a Limited Format whare we could just use single and dual layers and maybe some God layers

Turbo Format does not exist, but there is nothing stating that Burst Classic and Turbo need to be mutually exclusive. Burst Classic is only a name, functionally it is a Limited Format that's just balanced around the Single and Dual Layers. If some other part, regardless of what brand or series its from, can exist in the format without overcentralizing the meta, then there is no reason that it should be banned. It's really, really disappointing that this is something that needs to be repeated.
You are 100%. Correct, the way things are Odin with eternal will be a major competitor, and this is essentially the same as before with Odin on orbit. This literally means that this is limited and not classic. If it was classic, then Odin on orbit would be the dominator of the format. But since we allow post dual layer tips into the “mix”, it becomes limited. So we should allow the turbo beys in the format, since they are just glorified dual layers. None of the hasbro exclusives pose a threat, they all have decent recoil but awful slopes. And the cho-z versions of the hasbro beys are even worse. Since they were designed with the metal in mind, they just aren’t going to be functional without it. Phoenix p4 would be the only threat, just ban phoenix p4. And finally to please all the turbo haters, ban turbo switchstirke, they are just gonna be annoying. Also if you want to make knuckle usable, then ban heavy and gravity, since most will use those instead. “Diversity” right? Right now this format is far from classic, and classic is what we least want, we already saw it once, why do it again. The format should instead be limited, where we can see parts that no one would expect to be good, to be good
Maybe we could ban stuff by combo weight rather than part weight? Like something where you can use any parts on your combo as long as it isn’t heavier than a set weight?
(Feb. 09, 2019  2:28 PM)henwooja1 Wrote: I personally think this is a great idea! But does anyone know of a good way to find single layers like Odin, Neptune and Wyvern?

Hi I am new here and saw your post and I do know how to find wyvern
(Feb. 16, 2019  7:38 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote: Maybe we could ban stuff by combo weight rather than part weight? Like something where you can use any parts on your combo as long as it isn’t heavier than a set weight?

Yeah, but weight isn't always the reason why a bey could be seen as bannable.
(Feb. 18, 2019  9:29 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Feb. 16, 2019  7:38 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote: Maybe we could ban stuff by combo weight rather than part weight? Like something where you can use any parts on your combo as long as it isn’t heavier than a set weight?

Yeah, but weight isn't always the reason why a bey could be seen as bannable.

I didn’t mean not banning parts, I just meant that instead of banning parts because they are too heavy. Obviously there would still be parts banned for other reasons, but I think this is how it should be weight-wise.
(Feb. 20, 2019  2:34 AM)Ntruder19 Wrote:
(Feb. 18, 2019  9:29 AM)bladekid Wrote: Yeah, but weight isn't always the reason why a bey could be seen as bannable.

I didn’t mean not banning parts, I just meant that instead of banning parts because they are too heavy. Obviously there would still be parts banned for other reasons, but I think this is how it should be weight-wise.

Under this logic, Heavy and Gravity would most likely be banned or unable to be used with anything.