Burst Classic - New Format Feedback & Discussion

(Feb. 24, 2019  8:37 AM)ks123 Wrote:
(Feb. 24, 2019  8:25 AM)instaburst13 Wrote: I think fusion dash should unbanned, ifyou launch it hard enough it goes around the stadium and loses all of its stamina and if you launch it light enough where it doesn’t you won’t have enough stamina to use this on defense or stamina combos
If you have Fusion’ driver, test this and post result to testing thread. Then Organized Play Team decide, if this unbanned or not. Smile

ok ill try thanks
is dead hades banned? hope not
(Feb. 25, 2019  2:50 AM)William Cochran Wrote: is dead hades banned? hope not

In this format yes, but in regular burst format no.
(Feb. 25, 2019  3:24 AM)Mr tyros Wrote: Is takartomi doomsizor banned

Which one? D1, D2 OR kD?
(Feb. 25, 2019  4:06 AM)bladekid Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2019  3:24 AM)Mr tyros Wrote: Is takartomi doomsizor banned

Which one? D1, D2 OR kD?
D2
Dark Deathscyther(TT) is banned but Doomscizor D2 is legal
(Feb. 25, 2019  4:08 AM)Mr tyros Wrote:
(Feb. 25, 2019  4:06 AM)bladekid Wrote: Which one? D1, D2 OR kD?
D2
It is banned

(Feb. 25, 2019  4:27 AM)Mr tyros Wrote: Is spryzen rec still banned

In beyblade burst standard, no. But this is beyblade burst classic where most of the legal pieces are dual and single layers, so yes, it is banned
I've been fairly silent and basically uninvolved in this up until now due to my focus on other projects, but I wanted to chime in @[~Mana~] and express that I am tending to agree with what @[Angry Face] and @[juncction] have been saying.

To me, this format in its present state would be easier to communicate to a general audience with a name like "Burst Limited" because it literally is not Classic with the inclusion of parts which were released after Single/Dual Layers. I understand that the "spirit" of the format is slanted towards the classic parts and why some newer parts are necessary, but the fact is that it isn't a "classic" format overall because of that.

And there is many challenges we face with a format like this:

- Communicating to a general (mostly young) audience what the format actual requires and means.
- Managing it within an ongoing series, unlike Metal Fight Limited.
- Managing it within a much larger community and interested audience than we did with Metal Fight Limited.

If we want this to be something which can be easily understood by or community, the first step is making the name more intuitive.

I understand that we might want to consider other types of limited formats in the future, but I would personally advise against ever having more than one "limited" format per generation. Rather, if we want to implement this now rather than waiting for Burst to end (which would be my preference as I think it carries more value at that stage when interest in the game would be declining than it does now when Beyblade Burst is still going strong) that's OK, but we should also be open to letting it evolve as time goes on.

It doesn't necessarily need to be focused on Single/Dual Layers forever. It's fine to let it evolve; in fact, that is one of the things which makes the idea of a Limited Format so exciting. And in this case what could make this Burst Limited format more exciting than Metal Fight Limited is that we know there is still at least one more generation of Burst left on the horizon, which means there will be an opportunity to make a dramatic shift in the ban list for Burst Limited down the road to something which might include things like God Layers.

It's fine for the format to change over time and to have to communicate the specifics of those changes, but in any case, whether it does change in the future like I've suggested is possible or it doesn't: it is simply confusing for a general audience to call a format like this "Classic" when literally speaking it is not.

I apologize if I've missed anything critical in the discussion, but this is how I feel about the naming issue at this point.

(Jan. 21, 2019  10:45 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: Just to follow up; I do intend on reviewing Saturday's event! Just been kept busy the last few days unfortunately, haha. Should hopefully have something up tomorrow Smile

To comment on concerns about Xtreme Dash though; I think it's somewhat needed after seeing the events of Saturday unfortunately, but I'd like to try some more Classic events before committing to a stance on that, haha.

I do agree that we don't need more Dash tips though, and I'll comment more on that in my writeup.

Any update on this? Have you had a chance to post the winning combos somewhere at least? Would love to hear more since I think this is the only Burst Classic event so far we don't have info on?
I personally believe that what I have seen from extreme dash is worrying. The tighter spring plus the more grippy rubber makes it both more controlled and viable for pure attack layers like Xcalibur. It may be in the best interest of the community to get a consise rulling on X' asap
Imma just drop my two cents rq.

DON'T HECCIN COMPLAIN IF YOU DON'T HAVE PROOF/TESTING TO BACK IT UP.

kthnxbai
(Feb. 26, 2019  7:30 AM)BurstMaster Wrote: I personally believe that what I have seen from extreme dash is worrying. The tighter spring plus the more grippy rubber makes it both more controlled and viable for pure attack layers like Xcalibur. It may be in the best interest of the community to get a consise rulling on X' asap

There IS a concise ruling in place. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it doesn't exist. X' is legal in the format.
I disagree with the idea of restricting burst to a single limited format. Between Single/Dual Layers, God/Cho-Z Layers, and whatever we get from Gachi layers, there is plenty of room for supporting multiple formats. Change the name, sure, but don't restrict yourselves. We've already seen some interesting tournaments in the mostly Single/Dual format, and I look forward to seeing another format later on focusing on God/lesser-Cho-Z layers.
We might see a god and turbo format in 1 or 2 years or so if they're still interest but I mean let's be honest here we've already been down the path of God series and I can tell you right now there's going to be a few that are going to be banned for layers from Takara and Hasbro
(Feb. 28, 2019  2:29 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: I disagree with the idea of restricting burst to a single limited format. Between Single/Dual Layers, God/Cho-Z Layers, and whatever we get from Gachi layers, there is plenty of room for supporting multiple formats. Change the name, sure, but don't restrict yourselves. We've already seen some interesting tournaments in the mostly Single/Dual format, and I look forward to seeing another format later on focusing on God/lesser-Cho-Z layers.

It's certainly up for debate, but whether or not this happens is irrelevant at this point and I think we should keep this thread focused on the format at hand. What matters right now is making sure the format we're experimenting with is easily understood by a general audience. Changing the name to something like "Burst Limited" is the best way to start if that is our goal.

From there, in addition to obviously making updates to our event page template to make it a selectable option with a unique format image, we could also think about making things like a one-page overview sheet which Organizers could hand out to participants before a tournament starts. Communicating a long list of banned parts to kids and parents at the start of an event and then expecting them to remember it all might be a bit much to ask, so I think there's things like this which we could do to make communicating what is allowed and what isn't easier for everyone.
"I would personally advise against ever having more than one "limited" format per generation."

"whether or not this happens is irrelevant at this point and I think we should keep this thread focused on the format at hand."

The only one talking about trying to mandate that we have only one limited Burst format is you :D  And I just wanted to let you know how much I disliked the idea, so that it wouldn't go unresponded to and people decide by default that it was only going to be that way.

As for the parents and children not reading the classic format rules, there's no way to fix that. People choose not to read. You can't fix people. The WBO could call the format Burst Limited Early or Burst Limited A or Burst Limited and people would STILL would try to bring Cho-Z layers every time. You can try to make it as easy for them to understand as you can, make as many clear diagrams and guides as you want, and they'll still claim they didn't know and still complain.

All you can do is make it as clear as possible during the tournament announcement, and remind the bladers in the thread and at the tournament that many parts are banned for the tournament, that the resources are available to know what is and isn't permitted, and that it is the blader's/parent's responsibility to read and understand the rules of the tournament format.
Certainly fair to express your opinion on that! I brought it up only because some other users had talked about it previously, but upon seeing your latest post realized that strictly speaking it was off-topic. You can certainly create a new topic to discuss the merits of that particular issue if you’d like. I merely want to keep this one focused on “Burst Classic”. Sorry for any confusion.

Anyways yeah, there’s certainly no way we can prevent there from being any problems at all. That’s just a fact of life when it comes to organizing events, unfortunately.

However, there’s always improvements that can be made to help minimize that as much as possible! I agree you can’t “fix people”, but you can always do more to try and communicate more effectively; some responsibility has to lie on both sides, but for us we should be looking at any and all options which might help get our message across better (by doing things like handing out a physical sheet before an event as a supplement to a verbal announcement, or questioning the design/formatting of how we present information) and allow for more mutual understanding.
New format with classic beys eh? Heheheheh, (Grabs Hasbro D2.G.P.).
I need some good combos for a format like this. Any suggestions
(Mar. 04, 2019  4:32 AM)phantom blade Wrote: I need some good combos for a format like this. Any suggestions
Please use build my combo thread.
Important: Rule Update

[Image: bwYmZEF.png]

As of March 8, 2019, Jolt' is now unbanned and legal to use in Burst Classic format.
Yes! I’m so happy jolt’ is unbanned I don’t think I was ever gonna be able to buy extreme’ and there’s a rumor Jolt’ is gonna be in the new random booster too
Spreadsheet edited.
Cool, can't wait to see Juul' be useful in classic