Building a Plastic Top Tier List!

I forgot to mention that, it's actually supposed to be used for defence. The Rubber CEW is quite slow, even slower with a clutchless base and Dranzer GT's EG. It's weird and unconventional and probably quite outclassed, but yeah.

@Cye: Metal Flat 2 is faster than Storm Grip from what I can tell. Metal Flat 2 is the most common choice, that was something I took from conventional knowledge. FWIW, I consider it odd too.

The HMC helps control the recoil, particularly with Cross Griffon, using SG Metal Flat 2. It's worth any negative effect.

Will remove Fortress from Grip.

Upper Dragoon has great left spin upper, btw.

Zombies ARE endurance in plastics, there's little point using anything else endurance based. I have split Bearing SG 2 zombies from zombies though, as they are used defensively, not for endurance.

Will add notes on SG metal change.

Argue the Compact Bases with McFrown, I agree with you, he does not. I personally want to separate 10bBistool and similar combo's into a different section, but yeah.

Lastly, the main thing I want your opinion on is directionality of upper attack. Go back and read what McFrown wrote (including the combo he posted for it which is Amazing), and watch the video. Because the notion of needing the same spin direction is quite flawed IMO, I get better results with opposite spin, and it is still upper attack.
Yeah, but SG Bearing 2 combos are still zombies, but aren't endurance types. About what McFrown wrote, did he post it in this thread? I'd like to read it.
(Jul. 30, 2011  4:10 PM)th!nk Wrote: @Cye: Metal Flat 2 is faster than Storm Grip from what I can tell. Metal Flat 2 is the most common choice, that was something I took from conventional knowledge. FWIW, I consider it odd too.

Where has this conventional knowledge come from exactly? I mean there's one OHKO combo on beywiki with it in but surely any rubber attack base would be better than Metal Flat because they're faster and have more friction to prevent recoil. I think it should be removed.
(Jul. 30, 2011  5:58 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Jul. 30, 2011  4:10 PM)th!nk Wrote: @Cye: Metal Flat 2 is faster than Storm Grip from what I can tell. Metal Flat 2 is the most common choice, that was something I took from conventional knowledge. FWIW, I consider it odd too.

Where has this conventional knowledge come from exactly? I mean there's one OHKO combo on beywiki with it in but surely any rubber attack base would be better than Metal Flat because they're faster and have more friction to prevent recoil. I think it should be removed.

You're right, but it was really hard to find a storm grip with such an aggressive movement. I only ever had one. I remember buying three and all of them weren't all that fast. Honestly though, I don't think OHKO combos belong on the top tier list anyway.
(Jul. 30, 2011  5:56 PM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: Yeah, but SG Bearing 2 combos are still zombies, but aren't endurance types. About what McFrown wrote, did he post it in this thread? I'd like to read it.
It was more of a "just try it" thing, which I did, and it worked. But it is in this thread, along with a video link. Seriously, you should try it.
The combo is:

AR: Upper Dragoon/Triangle Wing
WD: Wide Defense/10 Heavy (Wide defense for upper attack needs more testing, again McFrown bought it up)
SG: Left SG Free Shaft Ver. (Full Auto Clutch Shaft/Tip)
BB: Defense Grip base 2 (Wolborg 2)

Hm, maybe that is why me and McFrown dislike our storm grips? Mine is pretty terrible.

UltraBlader: Not totally sure, but it seemed very popular for OHKO.

I wasn't sure about including OHKO combo's, but they are somewhat awkward to counter. Should we remove them?

Cye, I think the discussion started here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Building...#pid725599
(Jul. 30, 2011  10:03 AM)Cye Kinomiya Wrote: using HMC. Generally, you'd want less weight. I guess it does help with control, but I'd prefer to just get better launching technique. Maybe I could see it on SG Metal Flat 2, but I'd still stick with a North Core. Also, that's another thing, for the life of me I cannot remember why, but I remember North Core being preferred over South Core for attack types.
Why not just use Metal Weight Core then? (I like HMC btw)
Quote:For the OHKO section, I doesn't make sense at all to use SG Metal Flat 2.
Gattyaki and Stamina.
Quote: The ARs have so much recoil that the only/best chance for KO is very early on in the match, and at the highest speed possible. With the metal flat tip, that chance is brought down, and then the bey will just KO itself. Also, the ARs, or at least Whale Crusher is too wide for Fin Tector to have any place.
No other BB is an adequate substitute. Storm Grip is lame and there's no other options really.
Quote:I like it how it is really, but
Tiger Defense
10 Heavy/Wide Defense
Neo Left/Right HMC
SG Metal Ball w/4 balls
I am so not in favor of this. It sucks enough with Upper Dragoon/Kid Draciel AR
Quote:Also, for all the defense type combos you should list both right and left spin directions because Triangle Wing makes it so that they can use upper attack in left spin too.
So does Upper Dragoon. Also we established Spin Direction has no bearing on Upper Attack.
Quote:.
For compacts the only bases you should use are SG Semi Flat or SG Metal Change. The other ones aren't necessary.
Customize Change Base is a great part. So is Semi Flat.
Quote: Also, War Lion should be under Tiger Defense and Wing Cross.
Personal preference imo but I don't disagree.

Also yeah
Upper Dragoon
Wide Defense
SG Left (Free Shaft Ver.)
Full Auto Clutch
Bearing Grip Base or w/e Wolborg 2's BB is

On OHKO, as a type it kinda sucks but I think from what I've fiddled around with
Whale Crusher/Transforming Hayate AR (Manta Diver AR could work)
Wide Defense/10 Heavy
Neo Left HMC
SG Metal Flat 2
is the only way to go.

EDIT: With Transforming Hayate AR you can mix parts around a bit with more leniency.
Well, FWIW, I prefer War Lion to Tiger Defense, it's been established I like my compacts on the defensive side of the spectrum, and war lion appeared to save my carp numerous times at my tournament, spoiling a few hits I thought would be too heavy for my compact to handle. Plus, the BBA Balancer Version looks amazing on my gold driger S base (I was (ridiculously) lucky to get one that manages to squeeze in a Neo SG).

@McFrown: Defense Grip Base 2. I remember it because it's like seaborg's base, and the two are so wildly dissimilar that it clicks.
I think you should remove them because they aren't viable competively as the risk is so high.

I don't know about you establishing that spin direction doesn't matter. It's kind of an unfinished argument.

How would that tcombo lift things that are lower than it?

Edit: This one:
AR: Upper Dragoon/Triangle Wing
WD: Wide Defense/10 Heavy (Wide defense for upper attack needs more testing, again McFrown bought it up)
SG: Left SG Free Shaft Ver. (Full Auto Clutch Shaft/Tip)
BB: Defense Grip base 2 (Wolborg 2)
Beystadium has slopes, and it's AR is at Base/WD level and only needs to get under the opponents AR to work. It's not hard.

Even so, you can probably use whatever base you want and the result will be the same, but that combo, at least, shows upper attack in opposite spin.

Also, from beywiki

"Neo SG South Core
These would repel your beyblade from the magnets in the magnetic beystadium, and were most commonly used in Attack types. The main attraction to senior players was the additional weight."

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Magnecore
(Jul. 30, 2011  7:03 PM)th!nk Wrote: Beystadium has slopes, and it's AR is at Base/WD level and only needs to get under the opponents AR to work. It's not hard.

Even so, you can probably use whatever base you want and the result will be the same, but that combo, at least, shows upper attack in opposite spin.

Also, from beywiki

"Neo SG South Core
These would repel your beyblade from the magnets in the magnetic beystadium, and were most commonly used in Attack types. The main attraction to senior players was the additional weight."

http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Magnecore

Yeaah, I was probably wrong then. I just remembered that one had preference over the other.

Also, I'll have to see the video. A point I keep making is that, just because it gets good results doesn't mean it's upper attack.
@MC Frown:
I completely disagree with your view that SG Metal Flat 2 is the only base for OHKO combos. Surely rubber bases like the ones from Dragoon grip attacker, dragoon F and Uriel 2 would be better. OHKO combos need fast bases which have grip so they have less chance of being knocked out. Clearly rubber bases are better for this than Metal Flat 2. Attack types don't need stamina and I doubt many know how to use gattyaki properly as well.
SG metal Flat two is actually faster than any rubber base I've used... Fantom Grip works quite alright with Whale Crusher, though.

@Cye: He linked it in this thread, I can't find it right now but it'd be within a page of the post I linked. If it aint upper attack it's "upward smash", it sends things upwards and away, or brutally destabilises them, and can spin steal to OS things. Grip-Based attackers cause issues for it, though Upper Dragoon handles them better than Triple Wing, it's an attack combo and I find triple wing a little better/more violent, so I use it instead usually.

Here we go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilrfsjLj688
(Jul. 30, 2011  7:08 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: @MC Frown:
I completely disagree with your view that SG Metal Flat 2 is the only base for OHKO combos. Surely rubber bases like the ones from Dragoon grip attacker, dragoon F and Uriel 2 would be better. OHKO combos need fast bases which have grip so they have less chance of being knocked out. Clearly rubber bases are better for this than Metal Flat 2. Attack types don't need stamina and I doubt many know how to use gattyaki properly as well.

But Grip Base can't even hold a SG dude.
No one likes Fantom Grip Base iirc.
Who has Uriel 2 to blow on OHKO? Also then you need SP's and your AR is really high.
And no way in hell they need grip to not get knocked out.

tbh it's so big it's hard NOT to gattyaki

Kid Draciel AR/10 Heavy/Neo Right HMC/SG Metal Ball Base (4 balls) vs. Hayate AR/Wide Defense/Neo Left HMC/SG Metal Flat 2
Well after the Hayate combo knocked it out easy 6 times in a row I stopped (I didn't even use Gattyaki).
I like Fantom Grip, it's not really any worse than storm grip, and it doesn't wear as fast. That said, it's more that I'm using SG Metal Flat 2 on a smash attack combo, I wouldn't call it top tier.

That's with Whale Crusher, but there are other AR's, Dragoon V2's, Whale Attacker (or whatever seaborg 1's is).

So, McFrown, in your opinion, do OHKO combo's deserve a spot?
Wouldn't this just be smash attack? Also, it looks like it's forcing Bistool down towards the stadium floor instead of up.
It's Upper and it certainley isn't pushing down. If it's not Upper Attack and Upper Attack is just Upper Dragoon/10Heavy/Neo Right HMC/Storm Grip then it isn't even worth including on the list.
Cye, are you able to try it yourself? This combo is so much better than the others, you really should.
(Jul. 26, 2011  10:07 PM)Evan Wrote:
(Jul. 26, 2011  10:01 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: That's the one we're planning to use. Also, the MFB Attack Stadium probably will be used just for realism/convenience.

There are still a few SK Tornado Attack Sets (With Dranzer, Dragoon, and Diger G) on eBay, but Poseidon has said that his was damaged. I think this may have been from the shipping, not the seller themselves.

I've been using the MFB Attack during my plastic battles, and it seems mostly balanced but slanted slightly in favor of attack types.

I have made a thread but it got shut i did go slightly over how "unbalanced it is" i know its a few days old post but my staduimn is damaged a the side like wall got a dent
Well I ordered one Friday, so let's hope mine is unscathed.

Depending on how my SG Metal Ball Base acts in the Tornado Attack, I can start to do some testing for this thread. In my MFB Attack, SG Metal Ball moves around quite a lot so I'm kind of afraid my tip is shot.
(Jul. 31, 2011  8:19 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: i've had 2 and they both moved erratically.

SG Metal Ball Base? It's weird, cause way back when I remember getting very little movement out of it.
Hehe,Galaxy,you put Buezee
(Aug. 01, 2011  12:15 AM)Ultimate Kcpj Wrote: Hehe,Galaxy,you put Buezee

Would you mind trying to make sense once in a while?

If you're talking about the OP, you need to search for "Spiral Change Base", and read the thread about the combo it's mentioned. Also, I wrote that list.
(Jul. 30, 2011  11:56 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: It's Upper and it certainley isn't pushing down. If it's not Upper Attack and Upper Attack is just Upper Dragoon/10Heavy/Neo Right HMC/Storm Grip then it isn't even worth including on the list.

Upper Attack is definitely not just that one combo. I've never said anything remotely close to that.

As for trying it, I can, but I'm not arguing the combo's ability to win.