Bit Contest: Design The Next Evolution of a Forgotten Beyblade

[Image: dc0f688afc2a920c3de3a5aafe890a7c.png]
[Image: 97f0a07bc8a114c13b230bd7dbc71c6a.png]

We're starting off September by bringing back Bit Contests, we will now be hosting several design and photography themed Bit Contests each year!

For this contest we invite you to design a Dynamite Battle evolution of any Burst Beyblade that only had a single release. Here are some examples: Fang Fenrir, Quad Quetzalcoatl, Twin Nemesis, Alter Chronos, Dead Hades, Archer Hercules, Judgment Joker, Bushin Ashura, and many more. Only designs based on Beyblades with a single official evolution will be accepted.

Prize

1st place will earn this prize!

Bit Boosters

The top 3 winners will receive their choice of the following huge list of Bit Boosters:

• Bit Booster RED [Image: faceboosterred.png]
  • Bit Booster BLUE [Image: faceboosterblue.png]
  • Bit Booster GREEN [Image: faceboostergreen.png]
  • Bit Booster ORANGE [Image: faceboosterorange.png]
  • Bit Booster YELLOW [Image: FaceBoosterIconYellow.png]
  • Bit Booster PURPLE [Image: FaceBoosterIconPurple.png]
  • Bit Booster CRIMSON [Image: faceboostercrimson.png]
  • Bit Booster AZURE [Image: faceboosterazure.png]
  • Bit Booster AMBER [Image: faceboosteramber.png]
  • Bit Booster VIOLET [Image: faceboosterviolet.png]
  • Bit Booster JADE [Image: faceboosterjade.png]
  • Bit Booster JET [Image: faceboosterjet.png]
  • Bit Booster VIVID [Image: faceboostervivid.png]
  • Bit Booster AMETHYST [Image: FaceBoosterAMETHYST.png]
  • Bit Booster SAPPHIRE [Image: FaceBoosterSAPPHIRE.png]
  • Bit Booster EMERALD [Image: FaceBoosterEMERALD.png]
  • Bit Booster RUBY [Image: FaceBoosterRUBY.png]
  • Bit Booster ONYX [Image: FaceBoosterONYX.png]
  • Bit Booster DRIVER[Image: faceboosterdriver.png]
  • Bit Booster GARNET [Image: Bit-Booster-Garnet.png]
  • Bit Booster AZURITE [Image: Bit-Booster-Azurite.png]

Contest Rules

• Limit one entry per person! Your first entry will be the only one that's considered and you cannot edit your post, so work hard on it!
  • Design must be based on an existing Beyblade Burst top that has only a single evolution, something like Evil-eye for example has two evolutions and would not qualify, also must not have a Hasbro evolution, such as Inferno Salamander.
  • WBO Staff are not eligible.
  • You have until 11:59:59 PM EST Friday, October 15th, 2021 to submit your design. Any entries after that will be disqualified!
  • Post your entries in this thread! (You can also talk about the contest, ideas, or whatever in this thread as well!) However, you cannot post drafts of your entry and ask for feedback!
Here are some of the criteria your entry will be graded on:
  • Artistry: Obviously, someone who hand draws their Beyblade for several hours is going to be taken more seriously than someone who quickly puts something together in MS Paint. That being said, we understand that not everyone has the same artistic ability. Effort is what's important!
  • Originality: Try to think outside of the box and use ideas that haven't been used in Beyblade yet!
  • Balance: Remember guys: there's no best Beyblade! If you make a Beyblade that's so broken it would theoretically ruin the metagame and be banned even by TAKARA-TOMY, try to think of something else! Don't draw a Beyblade that's only junk, but try to balance everything with good and bad traits!

Good luck everyone!

Thank you to MallOfToys.com!

[Image: mall-of-toys-logo.png]

Huge thank you to MallOfToys.com for sponsoring this giveaway. Everyone, if you're looking for the latest Takara-Tomy Beyblades at the lowest prices, be sure to check out their website.

Heads up: If you buy something through MallOfToys, you won’t pay any extra, but worldbeyblade.org will get a small commission. As a registered not-for-profit organization, all funds are poured back into the community to help pay for our hosting expenses, develop new features, offer giveaways, and more. We appreciate the support!
Someone educate me on what a “dynamite battle” evolution is and I’ll definitely enter! Seems fun!
Would we have to design a Layer, Disc, and Driver for this?

(Sep. 11, 2021  5:43 AM)Tri Wrote: Someone educate me on what a “dynamite battle” evolution is and I’ll definitely enter! Seems fun!

Basically, if you look at the Dynamite Battle System beys (like Dynamite Belial or Cyclone Ragnaruk), you're supposed to design a Beyblade that would be in that system theoretically. Armor, Blade, Core, and all.
Evolution To The Super Z Bey, Air Knight: Windfall Knight
The gimmick is similar to that of Air Knight where in theory, thanks to the holes on the layer it should pull itself off the stadium and decrease friction. (Potentially even fly but that only worked in the Anime, not in real life). The core only has 2 medium teeth to prevent it from being unburstable (because we all know hard to burst Air Knight was)

The full combo is Windfall Knight.Tapered.Never-3 (WKN.Tp.Nv-3)
What platforms can we use? Becuase I'm horrible at drawing.

Edit: We have to draw it? Yeah, I don't think I'll be entering, but good luck to everyone who does!
(Sep. 11, 2021  7:25 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: What platforms can we use? Becuase I'm horrible at drawing.

Edit: We have to draw it? Yeah, I don't think I'll be entering, but good luck to everyone who does!

You can draw on anything Ig, even paper.
Does It have to be Drawn or does Modeling count?
Guys, what do you normally design on? Exactly, pencil and paper or digitally. I don't think it really matters that much. It's even mentioned in the post.
(Sep. 11, 2021  11:22 PM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Guys, what do you normally design on? Exactly, pencil and paper or digitally. I don't think it really matters that much. It's even mentioned in the post.

Ibis Paint X is what I use to draw beys digitally

for 3D designs I use Tinkercad.
(Sep. 11, 2021  9:56 PM)Lucha Burst Wrote: Does It have to be Drawn or does Modeling count?

Both 3D modeling and drawn are eligible.
Hello ! My name’s Mako, here’s my entry based on Quad Quetzalcoatl.
——
Program: Ibis Paint X
Medium: Digital
——
Quadratic Quetzalcoatl.Tp.Mm-10 

Quetzalcoatl - Features 4 clicks, 2 strong 2 medium.

Quadratic Blade - Quadratic 5 sided blade with a roundish shape, the outer blade features rubber to take in impact with shock absorption.

https://twitter.com/m4k0_ink/status/1436...34848?s=21 (Link to my Twitter post with full illustration)
——
Any questions, just ask!
(Sep. 12, 2021  6:38 AM)m4k0_ink Wrote: Hello ! My name’s Mako, here’s my entry based on Quad Quetzalcoatl.
——
——

Quadratic Blade - Quadratic 5 sided blade with a roundish shape, the outer blade features rubber to take in impact with shock absorption.

https://twitter.com/m4k0_ink/status/1436...34848?s=21 (Link to my Twitter post with full illustration)
——
Any questions, just ask!

I know I always say it, but your art is so amazing. Youre very talented and your art never fails to impress me. Awesome job, Mako!
(Sep. 12, 2021  7:03 AM)BurningSands Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2021  6:38 AM)m4k0_ink Wrote: Hello ! My name’s Mako, here’s my entry based on Quad Quetzalcoatl.
——
——

——
Any questions, just ask!

I know I always say it, but your art is so amazing. Youre very talented and your art never fails to impress me. Awesome job, Mako!
Thank u so so so much Sands !!
I have the idea but my drawing is rubbish lol.
——
——

——
Any questions, just ask!

Is this hand drawn cuz it looks like it's digital

Rift Chaos Over. Dr-10
Evo of deep chaos.
By: GhostFox 
(Sep. 12, 2021  8:27 AM)GhostFox Wrote:
——
——

——
Any questions, just ask!

Rift Chaos Over. Dr-10
Evo of deep chaos.

Fun fact: Chaos Oval Gyro exists

Looks like you'll have to draw one all over again Unhappy
What counts and what doesn't count as an hasbro evolution? Because, for example, Air Knight got a GT version on hasbro, but it's just a recolor. Does that count?
(Sep. 12, 2021  8:39 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2021  8:27 AM)GhostFox Wrote: Is this hand drawn cuz it looks like it's digital

Rift Chaos Over. Dr-10
Evo of deep chaos.

Fun fact: Chaos Oval Gyro exists

Ov stands for Over not oval.
(Sep. 12, 2021  9:50 AM)GhostFox Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2021  8:39 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: Fun fact: Chaos Oval Gyro exists

Lemme explain:

You can only draw a bey that was released in only one system. Chaos have a single (or dual, I don't remember) layer and a god layer, so that's 2, which makes the bey "disqualified" (summary: you can't do Chaos)

It also cannot have an Hasbro evo (I.e. Salamander has only 1 TT version, but hasbro adapted it into a GT bey, so you can't do that either)
(Sep. 12, 2021  9:50 AM)GhostFox Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2021  8:39 AM)HyperSpriggan Wrote: Fun fact: Chaos Oval Gyro exists

I'm saying that two evolutions of Chaos exist, which means that your bey is disqualified sad life.
I've been waiting for this event to come back since 2020
(Sep. 12, 2021  9:40 AM)Hollowmind8 Wrote: What counts and what doesn't count as an hasbro evolution? Because, for example, Air Knight got a GT version on hasbro, but it's just a recolor. Does that count?
Recolors≠evolution
My bey:
Part explanation:
The image might not work.
(Sep. 12, 2021  8:27 AM)GhostFox Wrote:
——
——

——
Any questions, just ask!

Rift Chaos Over. Dr-10
Evo of deep chaos.
It’s hand drawn and digital. I use my finger to work in Ibis Paint X. Everything I make is built from the ground up by me (posing and anatomy references used for my drawings of humans and animals though)
Forbidden Hades Boar Notus -/+ 12
more info below
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...Q84Q3VMftf

sorry, the folder should be accessable now
Virus Hydra Over Orbit -2
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing

Virus: Based off Poison, it has rubber on both sides and two fang like protrusions on the ends with fangs coming out of them
Hydra: Hydra, Greek myth, Dragon with many heads 
Over
Orbit: A recolor of Orbit to fit Hydra's color scheme
2: The two armor from the Astral Spriggan Customize Set