Bionicle Thread

(Sep. 24, 2014  12:57 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2014  12:31 PM)Dual Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2014  12:25 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: Just by the mask's shape I think Lego is going to make an extension to the Glatorians/Agoris... --'
People are fairly certain that it will not be a continuation of the Glatorian. They were a big reason why Bionicle's sales dropped, so it'd be dumb to use them again.

Yeah, anyway I'm curious of what Lego is going to release. Hero Factory wasn't really sucessfull, Galtorian was awfull, and Mistika was so-so.

Glatorian* (Legends) had some amazing Titan sets.
Mata Nui was pretty fun; and the Scopio was AMAZING.
Phantoka/Mistika had some Vehicles. That's about it.

(Sep. 24, 2014  9:45 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Sep. 24, 2014  6:26 AM)Neo Wrote: But TBH, the line is basically Hero Factory with a new head and new flip down masks.
Gears are there. But basically it's Gear Functioned HF with the bionicle name.

I'm sorry if this comes across as rude, haha.

Honestly- we got Bionicle back- how can we really complain right now?

We've seen leaked prototypes of only the boxes- it's not right to judge the line on that, is it?

This is only the first wave of technically, a "new" series- of course Hero Factory parts will be used- Lego wouldn't invest in a completely new constraction system for the first wave, for obvious business reasons.

As a collector and fan since I was little when they were first released, I can't understand why anyone would complain the line is coming back.
Because the feeling isn't there.
The masks...they don't look like the masks. They shouldn't copy Nuva Designs right now.
I like them, but as a new HF Constraction set. As of now, it's all just speculation.
I like how everyone was so hyped and at least 25% are complaining. We have Bionicle back.

How can you possibly complain. They're taking a different style than the original figures, understandable Hero Factory parts are used for the reasons I stated earlier. It's like comparing Plastics to MFB- the same "line", but very different series.

We finally have the line coming back and we complain- how ironic.
The 25% is me ? hah. Anyway, I don't complain, I'm just exposing facts about the previous series. This new release is really exciting, I always played Lego/Bionicles since I'm 4, and I've not planned to stop.
I meant like 25% of the fans, not like you, haha.

I just can't take people saying how much they don't like it when all we've seen are prototypes of the first sets.
(Sep. 25, 2014  11:43 AM)Leone19 Wrote: I like how everyone was so hyped and at least 25% are complaining. We have Bionicle back.

How can you possibly complain. They're taking a different style than the original figures, understandable Hero Factory parts are used for the reasons I stated earlier. It's like comparing Plastics to MFB- the same "line", but very different series.

Because most fans wanted more Inika builds, not HF Bulids.
I just wanted Gear Functions again, and more Bionicle type of look. Seriously, if someone showed me a picture of Lewa, I'd call it Breez.
(Sep. 27, 2014  6:56 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Sep. 25, 2014  11:43 AM)Leone19 Wrote: I like how everyone was so hyped and at least 25% are complaining. We have Bionicle back.

I just wanted Gear Functions again, and more Bionicle type of look. Seriously, if someone showed me a picture of Lewa, I'd call it Breez.

Still, the people complaining are basing this off leaked prototype boxes. Do you know how much those can change by the actual release? Remember how previous Bionicle series leaks were different from the real releases?

Actually, it seems mixed of people who are for and against CCBS. Honestly, it seems at this point it's a mix of technic and CCBS- but that's hard to say since we've only seen leaked prototype boxes. It'll be interesting to see if they show any actual figures of at NYCC.

With that being said, we simply cannot judge an entire series on leaked protoype boxes.
(Sep. 27, 2014  12:42 PM)Leone19 Wrote:
(Sep. 27, 2014  6:56 AM)Neo Wrote:

Still, the people complaining are basing this off leaked prototype boxes. Do you know how much those can change by the actual release? Remember how previous Bionicle series leaks were different from the real releases?

Actually, it seems mixed of people who are for and against CCBS. Honestly, it seems at this point it's a mix of technic and CCBS- but that's hard to say since we've only seen leaked prototype boxes. It'll be interesting to see if they show any actual figures of at NYCC.

With that being said, we simply cannot judge an entire series on leaked protoype boxes.

I'll be happy if they have Lime on Lewa.
That's it.
I can confim that the new Bionicle sets will come is the "shaped"/"stylized" new Chima-style Speedorz boxes.

While I'm really disappointed there won't be canisters anymore, I'm glad its anything but the plastic bags that Hero Factory used more recently.
Where was it confirmed? I didn't see it on BZPower.
(Sep. 28, 2014  7:07 PM)Dual Wrote: Where was it confirmed? I didn't see it on BZPower.

I spoke to worker (who's a friend) from my local Lego Store.

He couldn't say too much aside from that either- no pictures, sadly.
Oh, well still cool to hear more about it. I think the canisters were bad for the environment, so that may be one reason they switched.
They probably where, but I loved them and still have some of mine. I like how the Mahri and Toa mata through Metru canisters where also compatible with Lego parts.
Sad..
I love the canisters, just add all of the masks on the Mata Cans.
Actually, I found a website showing the prelims of how the Bionicles are packed and the pictures.
Here it is: http://kollectobil.com
You will have to scroll a little bit Smile
We know about those, however, they're leaked images, so we're not even sure if they're real.
(Sep. 28, 2014  9:48 PM)Dual Wrote: We know about those, however, they're leaked images, so we're not even sure if they're real.
Well, from my knowledge, preliminaries usually look bad, because of being a prototype/near final model. Sorry if I am incorrect Uncertain
I didn't say they looked bad, I'm saying they were leaked, making them unofficial. They could be fake, they could be real, we don't know.
YouTuber just2good has final images of 7 of the new Bionicles! Finally, confirmed pictures!
Wow, those boxes look a whole lot better than the leaked ones. That being said, I really like how LOSS looks, honestly. Not liking Tahu's mask, but I can't complain too much.

More excited now.
The mask is honestly different but not bad.
Better then 08'.

The Kakama looks so much better; I feel Pohatu is treated well.
Lewa is easily the worst looking, Miru is carp now. Too much silver. Keetorange is awful with "Mata Green".
Thoughts on each of the sets just2good's video had:

Tahu: The mask is ok, it does look more HF-ish (sort of like a Transformer too) than a BIONICLE mask though, but that probably can't be helped. The lava surfboard is sick, and I love how they made it look like Lhikan's as well. The weapons are meh compared to everyone else, I kind of hoped he'd have more fire-based stuff instead of just 2 swords. That gold better be actual gold instead of that awful Toa Ignika/Mata Nui fake gold color.

Pohatu is on point. The mask is cool, he's brown again, and he's got some obvious throwbacks to his older sets, with his boomerang things looking a bit like the propellors and his kneepads looking like his 2001 foot extensions. The boomerangs also look like they're hinged, which could be cool or really annoying depending on whether the axle has friction or not.

Gali (or that's who I assume it is): The mask is really weird, it reminds me of Takadox actually. The translucent pieces are always cool, but despite using a new piece the weapon doesn't look too great. I would have preferred if all the trident blades were either gold or silver, not a mix, and that the outer blades had a cross peg instead of the kind a minifigure can hold. The foot fins look a bit awkward but it's kind of hard to judge them too much from this angle.

Kopaka is pretty cool looking too. His mask is probably the most accurate so far, and the translucent pieces are good, but they made him a little too bulky. The extra shoulder and leg armor and the size of his shield-thing take away from the spear in his other hand. This would be more acceptable for Onua or something but IMO extra bulk does not really work with Kopaka.

Skull Spider: meh I guess? Not a huge fan of the leg design as far as I can see it, but overall it looks not too great. I hope it's just like a generic disposable villain-type character and not someone of actual importance (sort of like the Bohrok or Visorak, there were whole armies of them).

Lewa (or that's who I assume it is): The mask reminds me a bit of Matau Hordika's face combined with a gas mask, and I don't like it too much. The weapons seem a bit off somehow but I can't really put my finger on it. I would have preferred if the axe heads or whatever they are were like wings instead, since Lewa is a Toa of Air. I also agree with Neo on the "too much silver" statement.

Overall, Pohatu is my favorite. I didn't like Gali and Lewa, since they changed the masks so much that you can't really tell who they're supposed to be. Skull Spider was unimpressive, and Tahu and Kopaka have a few minor things that I find wrong with them. From the pictures they seem a little bigger than the general Hero Factory sets, so that's good and hopefully they're "Toa sized" again.

Also, where is Onua at?
Oh Onua..
Soon.
Kopaka has the best mask, but Gali has a mask like her movie version.
I think the final render of Gali makes me like her a bit better than the leaked one.

I don't think LOSS looks too bad, but I still like the Visorak a bit better, if we're comparing spiders, haha.
Wow, I cannot believe this is happening.

Bionicle was basically what I did for 5 years of my life. I've still got a ton of them.

Nostalgia attack. XD
I am totally stoked for the new gold-bronze one, forgot the name, sorry.

EDIT: Pohuta.