Bionicle Thread

Not yet, I believe it was JANGBRICKS who posted a close up video of them, but we still have to wait until August. I will post the link soon.
Europe mostly has them in Lego stores right now, but US retail is supposed to me August. That being said, I've called my local Lego store several times and either they tell me the sets come out sometime soon or they have no idea.
Bumping but 2 of my local TRU'S got the summer sets in today.

Totally recommend the Ekimu vs. Kulta set, it's superb.
Hmm where are you guys finding bionicles? I've read the books and watched the movie so I know what it is but man I've never saw the to toyline in any store
The books and movies are from the old Bionicle, which ended. The new one recently rebooted.
oh ok thanks for the info
The Skull Series is finally at my local Target!
EDIT: *Pls ignore the HMS Beyblades in the background lol*

I really like the bony looking parts for the arms and legs, and the translucent armor looks kind of like a rib cage (or in Skull Scorpio's case some kind of exoskeleton). My favorite of the 4 has to be Skull Basher. It's got an unique back design (as opposed to the gearbox, it has a push button to move the arms) and I like the translucent purple and minotaur theme. I really like the infected Masks, especially the Akaku. The translucent blue and gold go together really well. As for the skull masks themselves, Skull Slicer's is my least favorite just because it was used in all of the mini Skull Spiders before, but its shape works well with the four armed design. I'm not a huge fan of how Skull Scorpio (not Storm Scorpio)'s legs don't move, but the tail pincer is cool though.
Looks sick. Like Predator bionicle. I love Predator and Bionicle. Awesome
I didn't think the femur parts would be cool, but these sets really work.
(Aug. 08, 2015  3:20 AM)Wombat Wrote: The Skull Series is finally at my local Target!
EDIT: *Pls ignore the HMS Beyblades in the background lol*

I really like the bony looking parts for the arms and legs, and the translucent armor looks kind of like a rib cage (or in Skull Scorpio's case some kind of exoskeleton). My favorite of the 4 has to be Skull Basher. It's got an unique back design (as opposed to the gearbox, it has a push button to move the arms) and I like the translucent purple and minotaur theme. I really like the infected Masks, especially the Akaku. The translucent blue and gold go together really well. As for the skull masks themselves, Skull Slicer's is my least favorite just because it was used in all of the mini Skull Spiders before, but its shape works well with the four armed design. I'm not a huge fan of how Skull Scorpio (not Storm Scorpio)'s legs don't move, but the tail pincer is cool though.

The website explained that Slicer was like a Gladiator or something under the control of a skull spider. Basher's mask reminds me of Casey Jones's mask, personally.
Saw the reviews of them and my Walmart has Skull Basher, either way, I love the skull designs, digging the weapon designs for them especially.
Picked up the book at Barnes and Noble yesterday. It wasn't on shelves yet they had to get it from the back. The book itself, obviously attended for younger audience. That being said I find similar to some of the older Bionicle chapter books, in terms of reading levels. The  first half of the book pretty much focuses on the winter animation. However they used terms such as Toa, mention the mask of time, are not as focused on tahu, and have good amounts focusing on each Toa and protector. The second half seems to follow the summer animations even using the same dialogue at points. All in all the book while meant for kids is very enjoyable to the average collector and for me is a lot better than the animations. The book is a little over a hundred pages it brings back a lot of the good things from generation 1. I cannot wait to see more books in the future. One last thing and this was great: Lewa mentions there is a breeze in the cave and Kopaka sarcasticly asks: "Are you the Master of Air?"
(Aug. 13, 2015  3:01 PM)Deathscyther04 Wrote: Saw the reviews of them and my Walmart has Skull Basher, either way, I love the skull designs, digging the weapon designs for them especially.

The weapon designs certainly took a major level of improvement and it is a rather beautiful improvement if you ask me~
I just saw Episode 13, and Pohatu made a reference to the original Bionicle by saying how the Skull Spiders were being controlled by Makuta. Perhaps the six Toa were actually summoned from the universe of the original Bionicle...? Was Makuta's Mask of Control capable of putting other living things under the control of the wearer...? We'll never know unless something is revealed in the next few episodes...

Speaking of Makuta, when I first found out about Kulta the Skull Grinder, who seeks to destroy the Masks of Power, I thought that it's a guise of an undead Makuta seeking revenge on his brother and everyone else on Okoto.
Has anyone seen the new 2016 sets? They looks pretty fantastic! The heroes are way more animal looking now, especially with their creature companions.
They look...pretty bad IMO.
Too humanoid; feels like the Bionicle Movies as opposed to the robotic being I knew.
I like the more humanoid design. To me Bionicle should always look like an amalgamation of the two, both organic and robotic. if you look at the concept art(this month is the earth one) You can see that the concept artists must've had this same idea. But hey, to each his own.
(Nov. 18, 2015  4:39 PM)Neo Wrote: They look...pretty bad IMO.
Too humanoid; feels like the Bionicle Movies as opposed to the robotic being I knew.

Considering that the sets are gonna be using more Tehcnic than not, I don't see how it does not reflect the original series more than 2015 did. For the complaint about humanoid, had you seen the creatures, haha?

I'm loving the looks of these so far.
Bionicle always looked more mecha-like in my eyes. Not so much human, and not so much animal. Though, like a machine.
My only complaints with 2016 are Pohatu and his "14 ton keychain" and Gali's weapon. Also, Gali's Nuva symbol is inverted on her masks. But other than those things, I'm content/happy with this wave.