Bionicle Thread

I changed my picture, because I've been wanted to for a while. SO I decided, why not commemorate the return of Bionicle? I wish it was bigger, but its still nice. IDK how long I'll keep it though.
Should be leaking into stores next month...Smile
GUYS....
http://rebrick.lego.com/en-US/BottomMenu...-mask.aspx

There is a competition going until December 1st, the 1st prize winner of which wins a 14k GOLD BIONICLE MASK!!! All you have to do is make a villain using 75% Constraction pieces and no more than 25% Standard bricks. You can enter as many times as you want. I am gonna try and enter at least twice, to maximize my chances of wining that beauty!!!! I suggest everyone else enter as well!!
Well, they've been starting to be spotted at various Target's, TRU's, and even some local shops that broke the "street date".

The thrill of the hunt is about to kick in people, they hype train is reaching the station. Tongue_out
I saw the Bionicles site on the homepage and went "OMGBBGOMGBBGOMGBBGOMGBBGOMGBBG"
XD
(Nov. 18, 2014  11:02 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: GUYS....
http://rebrick.lego.com/en-US/BottomMenu...-mask.aspx

There is a competition going until December 1st, the 1st prize winner of which wins a 14k GOLD BIONICLE MASK!!! All you have to do is make a villain using 75% Constraction pieces and no more than 25% Standard bricks. You can enter as many times as you want. I am gonna try and enter at least twice, to maximize my chances of wining that beauty!!!! I suggest everyone else enter as well!!

Just like the Cartoon Network giveaway Avokhii ((platinum???) Takanuva Mask of Light)!
Do we have any info on who won the contest? I didn't bother because I'm not a very creative MOCer and suck at incorporating normal bricks into my BIONICLES.

In other news, I just checked lego.com, and the prices have been revealed... Let's just say the weight creep is real. I remember when only the titans could cost $19.99, now that's the price of a standard Toa/Master.

It's probably ignorant of me to say this, but I think it's because of the recession that hit in 2008. That's when the prices jumped from $9.99 to $12.99 for a standard set, and the Matoran went from $4.99 to $7.99.
(Dec. 24, 2014  12:12 AM)Wombat Wrote: Do we have any info on who won the contest? I didn't bother because I'm not a very creative MOCer and suck at incorporating normal bricks into my BIONICLES.

In other news, I just checked lego.com, and the prices have been revealed... Let's just say the weight creep is real. I remember when only the titans could cost $19.99, now that's the price of a standard Toa/Master.

It's probably ignorant of me to say this, but I think it's because of the recession that hit in 2008. That's when the prices jumped from $9.99 to $12.99 for a standard set, and the Matoran went from $4.99 to $7.99.

But look at the size, too. 2001 Toa were pretty "standard", 2015 Toa are HUGE compared to them, come with 2 masks, a Skull Spider, and are each over 60 pieces. The 2001 Toa were like 30-40 pieces, I believe.

I'm not a fan of the huge price spike, but in this case, is understandable.
I bought Kopaka and the PoI and I can say with certainty that the prices are understandable. The Toa (the three big ones at least) are definitely more comparable to Titans than past Toa, and it took me way longer to put it together than I remember it previously did with toa.
So I went to Target for the first time in months today, and found a bunch of BIONICLES. I bought Tahu, Kopaka, and Pohatu. (Someone put Pohatu on the clearance shelf lol).
I don't really have too many complaints, except for the masks falling off too easily. Pohatu's also a bit short, but that can be fixed with some customization. I'll have pictures up soon as proof.

They never fixed the Mask Connection?
They said they would before release, since NYCC.
I bought Tahu and his protector. Why couldn't they have just ONE Onua? There was a Lego store nearby too. They weren't selling, but knew about the leak. So I took my sets over to that same cashier to see how he'd react.
Where do you get these Bionicles? I don't have any Unhappy

Those bashing arms look awesome and they look like they have a lot of MOC capability.
I removed the gear function XP But yah, the masks are really loose, and I had to take out the "brain" so the mask could stay on even decently. The extra armour connecting to the actual armour that goes on the limbs is fairly loose as well, at least on Kopaka and those awkward shoulders.

But the MOC capabilities are so much more infinite than the original bionicle, and overall I'm very pleased with how the sets turned out.
So far, I've only been at Target. And Tahu's Shoulders get in the way of complete gear rotations. For the protector's gun, adding the extra set of studs on the first one makes them harder to lose.
Just got Lewa and wow, I'm impressed. The masks aren't too loose on mine, but the Skull Spider seems to stay on the best of the 3.

Love the fact that Target near me didn't have them on shelves yet, they are waiting until the first. I had to call and ask them of they had any and they took him out of the stock room.
(Dec. 28, 2014  10:42 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Just got Lewa and wow, I'm impressed. The masks aren't too loose on mine, but the Skull Spider seems to stay on the best of the 3.

Love the fact that Target near me didn't have them on shelves yet, they are waiting until the first. I had to call and ask them of they had any and they took him out of the stock room.

Hah, I can't believe they just pulled one out of the stock room XD!
I just bought Onua. I have to say, I am very impressed! He looks really great, and you essentially get three masks for him. I LOVE the color scheme(purple+gold+black with some silver) and those transparent purple legs are AMAZING. The mask isn't even that big of a problem to me, andthe gear function works very well. Definitely gonna get the Protector of Earth, and probably the Lord of Skull Spiders too. Speaking of Skull Spiders...

http://rebrick.lego.com/en-US/BottomMenu...inner.aspx

Congrats to the winner of the Golden Mask competition!! Really great build, no way I could've competed with that, but I was too late to enter anyway.
Wow, dat giant komodo dragon. Chocked_2

I used to be a huge Bionicle fan (still am), but honestly, I'm not sure I'll be able to get back into it. Too expensive, haha. I must say, though, the new sets look very impressive.
(Jan. 24, 2015  3:59 PM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Wow, dat giant komodo dragon. Chocked_2

I used to be a huge Bionicle fan (still am), but honestly, I'm not sure I'll be able to get back into it. Too expensive, haha. I must say, though, the new sets look very impressive.

The new Toa are a bit costly, but you get so much for your money. Stable gear function, dual weapon function, 2 Masks, a villain, and some new recolor CCBS parts.

If anything, I'd recommend a Protector- its only $10 and does a lot. I'd recommend the Protector of Earth specifically- very unique build with the weapon as his chest piece, lots of articulation, and the Trans-purple bits just look great.

So, the prototype leaks for the summer sets are out. Ekimmu and SkullGrinder pack loos really good, the other sets aren't finalized and blurry, so not much to be said. They are really skeleton-like with new limbs, hence "Skull" in every name, haha. They look really eerie and fairly neat.
(Jan. 24, 2015  4:18 PM)Leone19 Wrote: If anything, I'd recommend a Protector- its only $10 and does a lot. I'd recommend the Protector of Earth specifically- very unique build with the weapon as his chest piece, lots of articulation, and the Trans-purple bits just look great.

So, the prototype leaks for the summer sets are out. Ekimmu and SkullGrinder pack loos really good, the other sets aren't finalized and blurry, so not much to be said. They are really skeleton-like with new limbs, hence "Skull" in every name, haha. They look really eerie and fairly neat.

Do the Protectors' weapons actually shoot, or is it just an aesthetic detail like this guy's? That'll be my deciding factor in buying one.

Also here are some blurry pictures of the summer sets. So far the archer-looking guy and the four armed one are my favorites.
They shoot, and shoot well at that.

Also, those look kind of fake. The backgrounds are non-existent on the box art, and pictures were strictly prohibited at the place where the sets were revealed, so I don't know about them.
(Jan. 25, 2015  6:31 AM)Dual Wrote: They shoot, and shoot well at that.

Also, those look kind of fake. The backgrounds are non-existent on the box art, and pictures were strictly prohibited at the place where the sets were revealed, so I don't know about them.

Ok, thanks. I'll make sure to get one then.

Well, a quick Google Image search of "Bionicle 2015 leaks" shows that most of the wave 1 sets were devoid of background art, and several of the pieces were blacked/grayed out. They have the same watermark as well, but we won't really know until we get better pictures.
(Jan. 25, 2015  7:03 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Jan. 25, 2015  6:31 AM)Dual Wrote: They shoot, and shoot well at that.

Ok, thanks. I'll make sure to get one then.

Well, a quick Google Image search of "Bionicle 2015 leaks" shows that most of the wave 1 sets were devoid of background art, and several of the pieces were blacked/grayed out. They have the same watermark as well, but we won't really know until we get better pictures.

Yeah. The weapon works really well- more so than some G1 shooters.

Only downside is the ammo is so small, you can lose it if you're not careful.

Oh, I'm fairly sure they are real, considering there are new pieces in them. Those pictures are essentially what the First Wave leaks looked like. I doubt someone would go through all that trouble to make new looking parts for fake images, convienently as other Lego summer sets are being leaked.
So, has anyone seen/bought any of the Wave 2 sets yet? The supposed release date in Japan was July 3rd (Not sure how accurate that is, got it from a quick google search and it appeared on a few sites) so I'm assuming the U.S. will get them around the same time? I haven't seen any in my local stores yet.