Bionicle Thread

I think the current story is too complicated for new people to jump into at this point.
Personally I think it will be all new. Or at least an alternate to after the Turaga tell the Mata about the GOOD OLE METRU DAYS OH YEAH.
Spiders are cool. It would be awesome to maybe make the Turaga become Hordika again in a way, right?
(Sep. 13, 2014  1:55 AM)Neo Wrote: Personally I think it will be all new. Or at least an alternate to after the Turaga tell the Mata about the GOOD OLE METRU DAYS OH YEAH.
Spiders are cool. It would be awesome to maybe make the Turaga become Hordika again in a way, right?

Spiders = Visorak.
I'm nostalgic of Metru Nui and all theses imaginatives names/character. They were really cool, now Lego only creates super expensives sets. It's around 20$ for a really small box :\
(Sep. 13, 2014  2:01 AM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2014  1:55 AM)Neo Wrote: Personally I think it will be all new. Or at least an alternate to after the Turaga tell the Mata about the GOOD OLE METRU DAYS OH YEAH.

Spiders = Visorak.
I'm nostalgic of Metru Nui and all theses imaginatives names/character. They were really cool, now Lego only creates super expensives sets. It's around 20$ for a really small box :\

Look up the leaked price guide for Bionicle 2015- they're not too bad. The King of the Skull Spiders is only about $15.
Sorry to double post, but breaking news.

I give full credit to Dual for recently telling me these existed:
http://ttvpodcast.com/post/97506243822/b...y-weve-got

Full set leaks are now out. I personally think that Tahu and Lewa are the big stars of the line... they just look amazing.

The sets don't seem as complex or "technic"-y as the originals (not surprising Lego doesn't want to take a big chance for a first wave) but man, they look a lot more complex and better than Hero Factory. Best part is seeing they all have a lot of pieces, I remember how disappointing the Stars sets were considering some only came with 18 pieces, now we're back to 50+ pieces.
I'm personally suspicious of the Hero Factory parts being used, but we'll see what happens. Thanks for the link Leone 19!
I'm suspect of hollowed backs.
I too want a Technic Design...
Lewa, Gali, and Pohatu look disappointing..
Now speaking of the Toa...
Now they're called Masters and not Toa?? The hell.
If they took Greg Farshty from writing the story, I swear that I'm gonna coffee table flip something.
I like Kopaka and Tahu, but Gali and Onua look weird. I'm glad they're bringing brown back though, there hasn't been a decent brown BIONICLE since Avak. I wonder what the Protectors will be, Matoran-type things or the antagonists? I'm hoping Matoran because they seem pretty bland.

I'm also not a huge fan of the Hero Factory design, but they're the most part cross-compatible so whatever. I don't want a full return to gears though. Most people like them for some odd reason, but I don't. They make posing/stop-motion/overall movement difficult and annoying.
Yah, I never understood why people liked gears either. They were just a nuisance.
MoCing is hard with gears; but as a standard set? It makes it better. It was basically a cross of gear/rubber band Technic Legos and Constraction. Now it's only Constraction. Last time there was a function in Bionicle was that huge Scorpio tank thing from 09, I think.
HF Parts are okay, but it's really those stupid peg holes (for the HF Symbol). Plus I do kinda dislike the 'Krika' Lewa. And Pohatu's Kakama looks...nothing like a Kakama. Same with Lewa, Gali as well.

(Sep. 15, 2014  5:58 AM)Dual Wrote: Yah, I never understood why people liked gears either. They were just a nuisance.

Toa Metru. Gears and possibility.
I still don't see how gears made it better. All they did was swing the arms around, which serves no purpose whatsoever, and it made it harder to pose the figures.
I like the gears for nostalgia reasons, those aside, the Inika+ possability were great.

I hope the backsides aren't hollow, though looking at Tahu I don't think they will be. Being the first wave, I think it's no surprise some Hero Factory parts will be used, but I'm sure more original parts would be made in future waves. I really like Tahu and Lewa, LOTSS is a nice "throwback" to the Visorak, too.

Should be a good line, overall.
(Sep. 15, 2014  2:40 PM)Dual Wrote: I still don't see how gears made it better. All they did was swing the arms around, which serves no purpose whatsoever, and it made it harder to pose the figures.

They were supposed to hit the masks off of each other in 2001.
It was kinda similar to the Thornax except way more fun.

(Sep. 15, 2014  7:31 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I like the gears for nostalgia reasons, those aside, the Inika+ possability were great.

I hope the backsides aren't hollow, though looking at Tahu I don't think they will be. Being the first wave, I think it's no surprise some Hero Factory parts will be used, but I'm sure more original parts would be made in future waves. I really like Tahu and Lewa, LOTSS is a nice "throwback" to the Visorak, too.

I still think they'll be hollow.
Inika is arguably the most repetitive build.
(Sep. 16, 2014  12:23 AM)Neo Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2014  2:40 PM)Dual Wrote: I still don't see how gears made it better. All they did was swing the arms around, which serves no purpose whatsoever, and it made it harder to pose the figures.

They were supposed to hit the masks off of each other in 2001.
It was kinda similar to the Thornax except way more fun.

(Sep. 15, 2014  7:31 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I like the gears for nostalgia reasons, those aside, the Inika+ possability were great.

I still think they'll be hollow.
Inika is arguably the most repetitive build.

At least from looking a Tahu, you can see he has some sort of back-piece (closing the figure)

Not the point, Inika also introduced the gear-less Bionicles which had great possibility and design, overall.

I wouldn't say Inika is the most repetitive, really. At least not more so than the Vahki.
I would disagree, Nuparu had his claws and shoulder mounted zamor launcher, and Hewkii had his chain. while other then that one third, they were pretty similar, they all had much more distinctive differences than the Visorak, Vahki, Rahkshi, and both forms of Bohrok.
Most of the BIONICLEs were just recolors with a different Mask/Tool until 2007. True, some of the later sets incorporated some of the same Inika pieces, but the swiveling mechanism from the Rahkshi was reused in the Vahki, and a lot of the Toa Mata parts were reused in the Toa Nuva.

I get that removing the Masks played was a big part in the 2001-2003 storyline, but honestly it was more annoying than useful in the actual sets. The Metru head/mask design was so much more conventional, and it allowed for neck movement.
Favorite piece; I love those friggin Nuparu Claws..

I know they reused Gear/Functions. The Vahki are atrocious. Look at Nidiki though. Amazing.
So tomorrow is the rumored "official" announcement on the Lego Twitter page.

Who's excited?
*Jumps out of seat waving hands*

I hope the rumours are true, that would be amazing!
I really hope Lego wouldn't pull such a huge hoax, where is knows this line still holds one of it's largest fan bases, after 5-6 years of discontinuation.

It's either tomorrow or at NYCC, but let's hope for tomorrow, haha.
Hope the new wave (if there's one) will not be like the last one. I really hate the Agoris and Glatorians, the only one I liked was Mata Nui, really cool design and they even keeped some parts of the original concept. I'm nostalgic of the 2001-2003 bionicles, anyone remember Cahdok & Gahdok ?
I haven't been into Bionicle in a long time, but this is certainly exciting to hear about! I still have a Tahu, Axonn, Vezon and Fenrakk, and Toa Ignika in my room just because they're so cool.
(Sep. 19, 2014  1:26 AM)Kei Wrote: I haven't been into Bionicle in a long time, but this is certainly exciting to hear about! I still have a Tahu, Axonn, Vezon and Fenrakk, and Toa Ignika in my room just because they're so cool.

I like Tahu (2001 version) but one of my favourite is still Makuta, a really nice titan.
(Sep. 19, 2014  1:26 AM)Kei Wrote: I haven't been into Bionicle in a long time, but this is certainly exciting to hear about! I still have a Tahu, Axonn, Vezon and Fenrakk, and Toa Ignika in my room just because they're so cool.

I hate Toa Ignika so much. I'm sorry, it fails so hard because of the Piraka build.
Hover board is wondrous..

Vezon and Fenrak is arguably the best Titan IMO.

(Sep. 19, 2014  1:39 AM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote:

I like Tahu (2001 version) but one of my favourite is still Makuta, a really nice titan.

You don't like Tahu Nuva?
Makuta...
RATCHET JOINTS. SO USEFUL.