Bionicle Thread

(Jan. 01, 2013  3:02 AM)€ur!•u$ G£•rg£ Wrote: Sorry for the double post, but I was looking for good bionicle forums. After coming up empty, I thought maybe I could make one. Would anyone be interested in joining?

http://bzpower.com/

I don't think you looked very far.
(Jan. 01, 2013  3:11 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Jan. 01, 2013  3:02 AM)€ur!•u$ G£•rg£ Wrote: Sorry for the double post, but I was looking for good bionicle forums. After coming up empty, I thought maybe I could make one. Would anyone be interested in joining?

http://bzpower.com/

I don't think you looked very far.

Haven't used that site in a while I go by GoldenLewa on there by the way
Ok, so sorry to bump this thread, but Leone19 posted this somewhere a bit before, but apparently there are rumours going around that Bionicle will return in 2015. I've been doing a little bit of research, and I've seen mixed responses. Some people say it's a fake, but others have "proof" that it is returning.

If Bionicle was to return, I would probably be the happiest person on earth. Bionicle was my childhood, and to see it return would be great.

Does anyone have any information on this?
There have been pics and for a limited time period a few days ago (before it was taken down) if you searched Bionicle on Lego.com is said, "Coming Soon".

I'm so happy it's coming back, I'll definitely continue my collection.
I saw that too, so I'm guessing it's confirmed. I'm gonna start saving money (after I buy some beyblade legends Tongue_out)
What I've heard is that it will be a new line that combines elements from BIONICLE, Knight's Kingdom, and Exo-Force. So not exactly BIONICLE, probably not the same characters or story, but probably cross-compatible pieces like Hero Factory (hopefully with a better story though, the story was part of what made BIONICLE arguably LEGO's most successful line).

Either way I'm excited for it.
(Aug. 09, 2014  7:35 PM)Wombat Wrote: What I've heard is that it will be a new line that combines elements from BIONICLE, Knight's Kingdom, and Exo-Force. So not exactly BIONICLE, probably not the same characters or story, but probably cross-compatible pieces like Hero Factory (hopefully with a better story though, the story was part of what made BIONICLE arguably LEGO's most successful line).

Either way I'm excited for it.

Hm, that's the opposite of what we've seen so far. So far, he the boxes and set names all lead it to being a "reboot", but similar characters, story, and such.

Hero Factory has been doing the "Exo-Force" thing in its latest sets, which it looks like will be the end of it (for now).
WUHWUHWUH
BIONICLE is gonna possibly come back?!
Yesssss!
This was my childhood jam!
I do like both Hero Factory and Bionicles but Bionicles was better because it was less cheesy, the new series from Hero Factory(Invasion From Below I think) is almost unwatchable IMO.

Still I like Chima but I just like LEGO so much, well almost everything is good.
Products..
Makuta and Takanuva Grin
(Aug. 09, 2014  9:23 PM)Neo Wrote: Products..
Makuta and Takanuva Grin

Makuta is lovely, but I also like Mazeka or whatever it's called, that limited edition set, I still have it I think.

EDIT: But you can't go wrong with Ackar, he is awesome looking, and I just love fire elements/theme.
Eh, the Glatorian were the low point of Bionicle, in my opinion.

I really liked the Inika, but I suppose that's because that was when I really started to get into Bionicle.

Also, I saw some pictures (possibly fake?) of a Tahu Nuva-ish Bionicle reaching for a golden mask. Maybe it will be a continuation of the whole golden armour spiel that was around for about 3/4 of a comic Tongue_out
(Aug. 10, 2014  11:25 AM)Dual Wrote: Eh, the Glatorian were the low point of Bionicle, in my opinion.

I really liked the Inika, but I suppose that's because that was when I really started to get into Bionicle.

Also, I saw some pictures (possibly fake?) of a Tahu Nuva-ish Bionicle reaching for a golden mask. Maybe it will be a continuation of the whole golden armour spiel that was around for about 3/4 of a comic Tongue_out

It's a legit pic, all of them seem to be. Lego pretty much let the cat out of the bag with the entire "coming soon" fiasco.

Same with me, Inika were the coolest line and the Piraka were some of the coolest villians. Glatorian seemed like they were trying to rework things, didn't like the plot or designs too much. Judging from the picture, the new villian looks pretty similar to the Visorak.
Ooh, new villain? All I saw was that one Tahu Nuva picture.

I literally can't put into words how excited I am for this. I had grown disinterested in Bionicle, but now I'm reobsessed. Ugh, so much nostalgia.
IMO the Glatorian made most people lose interest because it seemed like a whole new storyline that was unrelated to the Matoran Universe. Until the Mask of Life crash landed there the only hint that the stories may have been connected was on the back of one of the manga issues where there was some picture of a figure that looked like Jaller or Matoro.

The Inika get a lot of hate for ending the "first generation" of BIONICLE, but I actually prefer their models to the old ones due to having more mobility (no gears). Some people hate 2006-onward but I usually just argue that before 2007 every set on each team was just a recolor with a different mask/weapons. IMO 2008 was the best year.
(Aug. 10, 2014  11:53 AM)Wombat Wrote: IMO the Glatorian made most people lose interest because it seemed like a whole new storyline that was unrelated to the Matoran Universe. Until the Mask of Life crash landed there the only hint that the stories may have been connected was on the back of one of the manga issues where there was some picture of a figure that looked like Jaller or Matoro.

The Inika get a lot of hate for ending the "first generation" of BIONICLE, but I actually prefer their models to the old ones due to having more mobility (no gears). Some people hate 2006-onward but I usually just argue that before 2007 every set on each team was just a recolor with a different mask/weapons. IMO 2008 was the best year.

Some had different armor, but it's kind of like a Power Ranger situation- the only huge difference is the mask/weapon. I wasn't a huge fan of the Phantoka, but I enjoyed the 2007 Barraki line a lot.

I still have one of the rubber squids it had. Tongue_out
Phantonka wasn't that great, I agree. The Mistika were a bit cooler, but still.

Wombat Agreed. Most people went all Gen 1 Pokemon when the Inika were introduced, but I personally thought that the mobility, plus the cool masks and light up weapons really gave them a unique spin, not to mention the armour.
(Aug. 10, 2014  12:00 PM)Dual Wrote: Phantonka wasn't that great, I agree. The Mistika were a bit cooler, but still.

Wombat Agreed. Most people went all Gen 1 Pokemon when the Inika were introduced, but I personally thought that the mobility, plus the cool masks and light up weapons really gave them a unique spin, not to mention the armour.

I loves the Inika weapons, probably the most "unique" part of their line, along with the style of the masks- being the rubber masks "fitting" on the colored head, making the face.
The reason I like 2008 more than 2007 was because all of the 2007 launchers sucked. The Cordak blasters looked cool but neither could shoot very well.

I personally thought the Phantoka Makuta (minus Icarax) were a bit bland, and Kopaka and Gali were cop outs with only the shooters, but in general 2008 combined the mobility of 2006 with the unique designs of 2007, and had the whole Toa Nuva vs. Makuta throwback thing to it too.
I think we can all agree that Stars was not a very good or memorable way to "end" the line... it was pretty obvious that not a lot of effort went into it.
I suppose, I really wish Hero Factory could have been a good alternative, it's a good series but Bionicles has a charm I cannot explain, weren't they replaced by those awful Ben 10 Legos?
(Aug. 10, 2014  12:30 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I think we can all agree that Stars was not a very good or memorable way to "end" the line... it was pretty obvious that not a lot of effort went into it.
Yah. Either it was a "let's just get this over with" sort of thing, or a very bad attempt at making a series of "all-stars" from throughout the series.
On top of the "coming soon" fiasco, we now have leaked prices and the new "main" Mask.

After about 5 years, next year, Bionicle is really coming back. Tongue_out
Yah, I heard about that I bit back and forgot to post.

I honestly really hope it's a reboot, but I'm not entirely sure why, haha.
(Sep. 13, 2014  12:55 AM)Dual Wrote: Yah, I heard about that I bit back and forgot to post.

I honestly really hope it's a reboot, but I'm not entirely sure why, haha.

It looks like a reboot at this point. I personally wouldn't want one with how far the story went, but it'd probably be best for the new generation, similar to MFB in that sense.

Benefits of a reboot is that they can change some things about the story and we get to see awesome new version of the original cast. Tongue_out