Beywiki merges with Beyblade Wiki!

Do trivia will stay there or. Will be removed

It is really good time to move beyblade wiki. Beacuse of bbb many old bladers and new bladers gain there interest in beyblade. So they will research and find more information on beyblade and will reach to wbo and realize wbo have everything (ultimate beyblade community) and refer there friends. In other words million of members will join/return so wbo will become big and better community. Even I reached same way I was searching on bbb and go to beyblade wiki and beywiki (slince I read both from many years) and wbo written bottom of page (I have heard about wbo, so I thought to give it a try). Now I realize it's so awesome I can never leave it.

Thanks Bey Bard for making WBO.
Will it still have those stats thingies still be there?I know they aren't important compared to the actual skill of the blader,but I just like to add up the stats for certain Beyblades and combos.Anyway nice move,I hope it works OK.
Are the forums on BeyWiki going to be removed since we've combined?
What forums on Beywiki?
(Oct. 04, 2015  1:19 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: Do trivia will stay there or. Will be removed

Trivia will remain on articles as it always has. We will definitely be cracking down on what is written in those sections though, as many people tend to add pointless and non-trivial details.

(Oct. 04, 2015  2:59 PM)Jetsnake1 Wrote: Will it still have those stats thingies still be there?I know they aren't important compared to the actual skill of the blader,but I just like to add up the stats for certain Beyblades and combos.Anyway nice move,I hope it works OK.

As part of our new Part-Specific Articles, the infobox on each article contains fields where we can enter the stats written on the box of a product for each part. We'll be gradually filling these in as we create the articles and gather the information.

(Oct. 04, 2015  3:45 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: Are the forums on BeyWiki going to be removed since we've combined?

Beywiki doesn't feature any forums. If you're referring to the "Beywiki Project" board on the WBO, that will be staying and continue as it previously did. If you're referring to the Forums on Beyblade Wiki, those have been completely removed and will no longer be supported.
Meh, quite disappointed. I would have preferred if Beyblade Wikia moved on our platform. Anyway, if this is done in the right manner probably is the best decision ever made.
(Oct. 04, 2015  6:01 PM)~Mana~ Wrote: As part of our new Part-Specific Articles, the infobox on each article contains fields where we can enter the stats written on the box of a product for each part. We'll be gradually filling these in as we create the articles and gather the information.

Can we make it so the stats are differentiated a bit more from how it actually does? The way it is currently written Storm Pegasis Pegasus could have 20 Attack points but it actually sucks.
Thanks for the effort, Mana, but it refuses to properly load anything at all.
It's Wikia in general, and I don't think much can be done about it.
(Oct. 04, 2015  6:01 PM)~Mana~ Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2015  2:59 PM)Jetsnake1 Wrote: Will it still have those stats thingies still be there?I know they aren't important compared to the actual skill of the blader,but I just like to add up the stats for certain Beyblades and combos.Anyway nice move,I hope it works OK.

As part of our new Part-Specific Articles, the infobox on each article contains fields where we can enter the stats written on the box of a product for each part. We'll be gradually filling these in as we create the articles and gather the information.
I am relieved to hear this.
(Oct. 04, 2015  6:02 PM)Caos. Wrote: Meh, quite disappointed. I would have preferred if Beyblade Wikia moved on our platform.

Our platform is literally broken — just look at it. MediaWiki is a monstrous piece of software for a team like ours to manage.

Inevitably, we needed to pretty much restart everything somehow. This opportunity just kind of fell into our lap at the perfect moment.

As for the stats ... I'm all for complete information, but I wonder if those statistics are more misleading than anything else.
(Oct. 04, 2015  7:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: As for the stats ... I'm all for complete information, but I wonder if those statistics are more misleading than anything else.

Amen to that! I'd be comepletely okay with removing them all together. If the stats contradict the description of the part, it makes both useless.
(Oct. 04, 2015  7:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Oct. 04, 2015  6:02 PM)Caos. Wrote: Meh, quite disappointed. I would have preferred if Beyblade Wikia moved on our platform.

Our platform is literally broken — just look at it. MediaWiki is a monstrous piece of software for a team like ours to manage.

Inevitably, we needed to pretty much restart everything somehow. This opportunity just kind of fell into our lap at the perfect moment.

As for the stats ... I'm all for complete information, but I wonder if those statistics are more misleading than anything else.

You can simply test.Like 1 attack=Able to knock out Light wheels,2=able to knockout heavier beys and keep going until 6,6=Able to knock out Diablo and Basalt/Twisted
1 defense=able to block from light wheels,2=able to block from heavier beys,keep going until 6,6=Able to block from Blitz,Beat and Variares
1 stamina= 15 or less spin time,2=30 seconds,keep going until 6,6=over 4 minutes
OK, but the stats on the page are taken from Takara Tomy's marketing materials, not our own research. Furthermore, Beyblade performance is too complex to be diluted into numbers that way.

For example, Stamina is not the ability to spin for a long time alone, but to keep spinning despite repeated attacks. And certain parts will perform better against other specific parts. It's impossible to turn that into a number rating.
Plus, there can be no maximum stat, and therefore we don't know if Phantom is a 4 or 6 stamina wise, well it can be done now because MFB is over. I think gaging how much better to determine the stats is harder, I mean, does Duo have A = 0 D = 4 S = 6 while Death has A = 1 D = 3 S = 5? If Stamina counts for ones that can resist spin equalisers like Duo or Death, oh god... Plus, Death and Duos Defense difference isn't that much bigger so Death may not deserve a 3 for my stat examples.

It gets worse for Synchromes, do we half the stats and add both chrome wheel stats, some synchromes might even end up destroying each other's stats reducing attack from the combined attack stats for example because it became round.

I would keep it simple as well.
We'll keep the generalized Beywiki ratings (Bad / OK / Great) in some form. I think that's a way better way to say something useful and concise.
I feel the same way as Missingno. The quality of the articles on Beyblade wiki are generally terrible. What are we gonna when we merge two articles where the beywiki article far surpasses what beyblade wiki has? (i.e. 99% of the time). Also I really don't see how the part article thing will help. And barely anyone contributes to beywiki. Who exactly is going to do all this? Oh and also this has already caused me problems since trying to go on beywiki (via the button at the top) and it doesn't have our complete release list over there yet (the release I want is from before 2001.....)
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Main_Page
(Oct. 04, 2015  8:55 PM)Ultra Wrote: I feel the same way as Missingno. The quality of the articles on Beyblade wiki are generally terrible. What are we gonna when we merge two articles where the beywiki article far surpasses what beyblade wiki has?

We keep the Beywiki version, of course.

Also, there are some really terrible articles on Beywiki as well. There are also articles that are severely outdated or not even there. Low quality content is not an issue unique to Beyblade Wiki, and if you want to correct information on a page, it is now much easier than it ever was before.

(Oct. 04, 2015  8:55 PM)Ultra Wrote: Also I really don't see how the part article thing will help.

It's pretty obvious in the opening thread, but to be clear: if multiple Beyblades have the same part, we can update the part information across all articles by simply editing one article. In addition, contributors can write about just one part if they wish, rather than an entire Beyblade. The workload is more manageable.

But mostly I think the biggest improvement is change once, update everywhere.

(Oct. 04, 2015  8:55 PM)Ultra Wrote: And barely anyone contributes to beywiki. Who exactly is going to do all this?

If that's the case, then nothing is lost by moving, is there? That said, we're confident we can accomplish all of this. You can PM Kai-V if you're interested in helping out! Since you seem to think we don't have enough help, I'm sure you're ready to jump in!

(Oct. 04, 2015  8:55 PM)Ultra Wrote: Oh and also this has already caused me problems since trying to go on beywiki (via the button at the top) and it doesn't have our complete release list over there yet (the release I want is from before 2001.....)

We just announced this. It's going to take time to make this right. Please extend at least a reasonable amount of patience.
Wait, we're really going there?

Okay... just make sure we proof read the articles for each beys so we don't get any false facts.
(Oct. 04, 2015  7:57 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: As for the stats ... I'm all for complete information, but I wonder if those statistics are more misleading than anything else.

No doubt about that; the scores given do not accurately represent the use of a part. I've merely included these for the sole fact that I had many requests for the Wiki to support them (since we dropped support for them in 2012), and so that, as an encylopedia, we have them documented for reference. A disclaimer should automatically appear next to these ratings to show that these are on the behalf of the manufacturer.

Ultimately, if this becomes a massive issue and confuses people, disabling them is as easy as flicking a switch on these new templates, so I can remove them. I'd at least like to see them taken for a brief trial run to see what readers make of them before we jump to any conclusions, but I definitely understand the concern here as it's one I've had myself.

As for Jet's idea on stats, I'd prefer that we refrain from doing that as that score will vary from person to person and everyone will have their opinion on that.
(Oct. 04, 2015  9:31 PM)~Mana~ Wrote:

No doubt about that; the scores given do not accurately represent the use of a part. I've merely included these for the sole fact that I had many requests for the Wiki to support them (since we dropped support for them in 2012), and so that, as an encylopedia, we have them documented for reference. A disclaimer should automatically appear next to these ratings to show that these are on the behalf of the manufacturer.

Ultimately, if this becomes a massive issue and confuses people, disabling them is as easy as flicking a switch on these new templates, so I can remove them. I'd at least like to see them taken for a brief trial run to see what readers make of them before we jump to any conclusions, but I definitely understand the concern here as it's one I've had myself.

As for Jet's idea on stats, I'd prefer that we refrain from doing that as that score will vary from person to person and everyone will have their opinion on that.

I wanted to discuss it in private with you guys, but in my opinion, if people really want to see the statistics, one of our goals so far has been to add the pictures of the box, for both Hasbro and TAKARA-TOMY versions, to every Beyblade article. Therefore, if someone really wants to see those stars, they can just look at the images, from my point of view. It just makes no sense to have those statistics alongside the part descriptions when they are sometimes glaringly different.
True, and that might be a better and less confusing approach to this actually. We'll probably want to include an image of a box where a part's stats are displayed on the Part article though, as that's where it would best be documented.

Okay then, stat fields out, images in. Glad that's sorted.
Not much to do about it now, since it seems you're all set on crossing over and merging.
But it's not such a great idea, since BeyWiki was easy to navigate and always factual, and now we're going to a site in which both of those are taken away?
I mean, do what you want to do, but I think this really was already set up for failure.
(Oct. 05, 2015  12:17 AM)Neo Wrote: Not much to do about it now, since it seems you're all set on crossing over and merging.
But it's not such a great idea, since BeyWiki was easy to navigate and always factual, and now we're going to a site in which both of those are taken away?
I mean, do what you want to do, but I think this really was already set up for failure.

Wait guys, it is really unfortunate that Wikia does not work for you, but it clearly works for 99.9% of everybody else, and we are doing everything we can to make it work for you guys eventually. Plus, as was already mentioned in the announcement, we can now completely control the factual-ness of all articles, so I do not understand your second point at all.

I mean, give us some credit : you are writing comments that make it seem like we did not think about this for even a second. We are smart and we have elevated this community to the level it is at, so if you need to trust anybody, it is us, right ?
(Oct. 05, 2015  12:28 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2015  12:17 AM)Neo Wrote: Not much to do about it now, since it seems you're all set on crossing over and merging.

Wait guys, it is really unfortunate that Wikia does not work for you, but it clearly works for 99.9% of everybody else, and we are doing everything we can to make it work for you guys eventually. Plus, as was already mentioned in the announcement, we can now completely control the factual-ness of all articles, so I do not understand your second point at all.

I mean, give us some credit : you are writing comments that make it seem like we did not think about this for even a second. We are smart and we have elevated this community to the level it is at, so if you need to trust anybody, it is us, right ?

I don't really remember you guys taking any sort of vote or poll to see if the community would have liked this.
And the site works decently on my PC, but the layout is still rubbish. To be clear, that's Wikia's fault, not yours. Didnt catch the whole "wiki team", thing. Sorry about that.