3rd
Tournament Results
Grand Park
200 N Grand Ave
  Meet near the large fountain.
12:45 PM on 05/28/2017
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  or Free with Passport*

Free entry with Blader Passport

Support the WBO by purchasing a Blader Passport and get unlimited access to WBO tournaments and monthly giveaways of new releases!

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

As part of the BeyDays celebration, Los Angeles is returning to the site of our last BeyDays tournament: Grand Park! This time, it's a Burst tournament. (Or two..)

Host & Judges:
ThaKingTai w/ co-host Alta and Judges, Achi-baba and JoJo

Directions:
Find the directions to Grand Park right here. We will be meeting near the fountain. It should be exactly where the directions take you. Look for pictures of directions down below
[Red Point is Fountain Blue Point is near Parking Green Lines are Directions]
[$10-ALL DAY]
[$6-7 ALL DAY (multiple parking lots)]

Fees:
As always, it will be $5 for the single tournament or $15 for a Blader Passport, that allows you to go to tournaments free for an entire year! Plus, you can enter into exclusive giveaways for Passport Holders! As we are having TWO TOURNAMENTS (  Gasp   ), it will be $5 for one or $10 for both, but considering that this is a BeyDays 2017 event, buying the $15 passport is more than worth it! Check out some of the perks in the link above!

Prizes:
God Victory Valkyrie
Kries Satan
Blaze Ragnurak

Notice for All:

While we trust our bladers that participate in our events, please watch your stuff. We are in a public space where strangers are. Keep an eye on your stuff and an eye for your friends.

EXTRA EXTRA!:
As well as having out normal standard Burst tournament, we are hosting the first Los Angeles team event! We have at least two pre-existing teams in Team Shellshock and Team Lynx, but if you are not part of a team, do not worry! LA bladers are always looking to form teams. Please look at the quote below for guidance on the Team Format.

Quote:
Team Format (12+ players)
Bladers form teams of three, with each team designating a captain that is responsible for informing judges of the team’s decisions in secret.

The tournament system used depends on the number of participants:

• 4-6 Teams: Round Robin
  • 7-12 Teams: Group Round Robin
  • 12-14 Teams: Double Elimination
  • 15+ Teams: Single Elimination

Before each match, the team has 2 minutes to determine the order in which they will play their sets, which is communicated to the judge by the team captain. Once both teams have done so, the judge announces the first set’s pairing and the match begins.

Sets are best-of-5 as usual, but individual round wins must be recorded. After all three sets are played, the team with the most cumulative rounds won wins the match.

In the event of a tie, each team will select one blader to represent it in a tiebreaker match, which is told to the judge by the team captain.

Team Format Final Stage
The final battle of Team Format events must be played as a Team BeyBattle, not Deck Format as would be the case for regular events.

For Round Robin events, the top two teams play each other in a final Team BeyBattle at the end of the round robin to determine the winning team. In Group Round Robin events, the top team from each group advances to a final Team BeyBattle. There is no BeyBattle for third place in Team Format.

Please do bring something to drink and money for parking and food as well. It will be a long event, so do prepare to spend the whole day there. Any other announcements will be posted below and added here. Feel free to contact me for information here or on the LINE app ThaKingTai

Hope to see you there!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Unfortunately I cannot go. But Good Luck to all who are participating. 

(P.S.): Congratulation ThaKingTai on Kevo's raffle.
That banner is incredible Wink.
I might be able to come I don't know because I live in PA
Omg so excited for this day hope to get more beys
(May. 17, 2017  9:54 PM)Neptrius Wrote: I might be able to come I don't know because I live in PA

Well, PA is pretty far from CA lol. But do you mean that you'll be in CA during the time of our tournament? It would be pretty cool if you can join us.
Ima be their.
I cant wait to join my first burst tournament.
Do we only bring one beyblade and one launcher?
(May. 18, 2017  4:55 AM)Joeyk Wrote: Do we only bring one beyblade and one launcher?

You can bring as many Beyblades and launchers as you want. Just make sure you bring Burst Beyblades as this will be Burst format. Also, check out the rules of Burst format if this is your first time competing.
(May. 17, 2017  9:54 PM)Neptrius Wrote: I might be able to come I don't know because I live in PA

come to the one in NYC. its not that far. ill be there
Can you bring Takara Tomy, or is it Hasbro only or both?
(May. 19, 2017  3:01 AM)BeyRivals-Jacob Wrote: Can you bring Takara Tomy, or is it Hasbro only or both?
Feel free to bring all the Beys you have, if they be Takara or Hasbro, Burst or MFB or even Plastics. We will have free play on the side of the Burst tournament.
What team can I join?

Can I start a team?
(May. 20, 2017  1:08 AM)Blader Tyler Wrote: What team can I join?

Can I start a team?

You are totally welcome to start a team at the tournament if you have enough people that want to join. You can also join someone's team if they find they would like you as a member.
I should be there. Wink
(May. 18, 2017  3:50 PM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote:

come to the one in NYC. its not that far. ill be there

theres going to be one in new york? did not know that.... thanks for the info
I may not be able to come because I live in mn but if I do I wont go easy on anyone and I expect nothing less
How long do you guys usually spin tops for?
Normally, we finish around 4:30 or 5:00, but then Team Shellshock and some other members stick around until about 6:00. But keep in mind that we are having two events in one day, so if you stay for both, expect to leave around 7:30 or so.
(May. 19, 2017  5:00 AM)ThaKingTai Wrote:
(May. 19, 2017  3:01 AM)BeyRivals-Jacob Wrote: Can you bring Takara Tomy, or is it Hasbro only or both?
Feel free to bring all the Beys you have, if they be Takara or Hasbro, Burst or MFB or even Plastics. We will have free play on the side of the Burst tournament.

IF I paint my beyblade will it be illegal in the tournament(s)?oh and if you want I can bring my hasbro stadium, 1 more thing, is there any banned parts, thx

(May. 19, 2017  5:00 AM)ThaKingTai Wrote:

Sorry 1 more thing, for the tourney we have to join a team? Or do we make the team's when it starts ? Thx again
@[Beybladenooby21] Yea, if it's Burst Beys, then painting is illegal. You are allowed to bring whatever stadiums you would like, but only  Takara Tomy Standard Beystadiums will be used during the tournament.
Deathscyther and Dark Deathscyther are banned (cries inside). But Hasbro's Doomscizor and Doomscizor D2 are legal
If you talk to those who are attending the tournament beforehand, then you can make teams, if not you can form them there.

UPDATE AND REMINDER:
Guys, please be there on time. The aim is to start exactly at 12:45 so get there beforehand. I'll be there before 11 at least, so you can start registering then and get in some practice and tips. If you are lost at the park or need help before the tournament, please feel free to PM, message me on LINE ThaKingTai, or ask for my personal number in either one.
(May. 18, 2017  5:19 AM)JoJo [Jp0t] Wrote:
(May. 18, 2017  4:55 AM)Joeyk Wrote: Do we only bring one beyblade and one launcher?

You can bring as many Beyblades and launchers as you want. Just make sure you bring Burst Beyblades as this will be Burst format. Also, check out the rules of Burst format if this is your first time competing.

Hey can my friend come,he doesn't have a wbo account
(May. 22, 2017  4:09 PM)Beybladenooby21 Wrote:
(May. 18, 2017  5:19 AM)JoJo [Jp0t] Wrote: You can bring as many Beyblades and launchers as you want. Just make sure you bring Burst Beyblades as this will be Burst format. Also, check out the rules of Burst format if this is your first time competing.

Hey can my friend come,he doesn't have a wbo account

If your friend wants to participate then he needs a WBO account
Hey guys, we made the page for the team event. Go sign up over there if you now that you can stay later for that event.
https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblad...pid1378888