Beyblade Random Thoughts

For those did you five solo spins each and the makes an average? You should do five at minimum when doing solo spins in the future. No solo spins can be important. Especially to determine how good a mold a phantom or Duo you've got. Differences between duo and phantom molds can affect test results. Also same with BGrin to test what mold it is. I'll do the same when my stuff arrives. You don't by any chance have genbull do you? Cause that's the only top tier zero g MWstamina so far but from the looks of that balro could be too. Thanks for those. Very helpful.
I don't have Genbull, sorry. I doubt Balro could be top-tier since it's fairly aggressively shaped; I bet it won't hold up against another bey very well. Probably its best application would be on 230, where it won't make much contact with the opponent.

BTW each combo was tested a minimum of three times, with bad rips/unusally low times re-done. While these times aren't an average, they were all pretty consistent from test to test. Glad to know that 5 tests is best, for next time.

I will do some Balro Balro tests sometime today, as well. However, I suspect that Balro somehow has really good synergy with Killerken or something, and that it won't work as well when Synchromed with itself.
Also i'm not really surprised at the double killerken's result. No one uses double killerken combos for good reason. They would suck. What you seem to miss is that like Death it's not really good for stamina. What it does is grinding away the opponents due to the massive ridges. This means that in order to be useful it needs to be put with another MW that has good stamina like based on those results Oroyja or Genbull.
By my tests, Balro Balro gets a mere 1:47 of solo spin time at best, confirming my suspicions that Balro has freakishly good synergy with Killerken.

Using Killerken Balro, I have been developing a combo that has turned out to be very, very good. I'm still working on it, but it beats pretty much everything (Attack, Defense, Stamina, Spin Steal...) but 230-height opponents, who can get at its weak point, Balro.
So, is anyone else super annoyed with everyone using Dragooon? In my opinion, it's a really cheap win.
Honestly, I hate it with a passion.
MORE stamina testing
(Lol when will it stop!??)

Gryph Killerken 3:13
Saramanda Killerken 1:38 (Epic fail)
Girago Killerken 3:08
Gargoyle Killerken 2:30

Just got both Ultimate Synchrome DX sets so I was just testing random solo times; didn't post times for the Def+Stamina set because Cake already did . These tests were one-time, I did not do multiple tests and average these were only tested once.
Awesome. If that is as good as Genbull for stamina then we won't have to spend $24 on it getting genbull.
Bad news- I can't seem to replicate my results with Balro Killerken. It seems that I may have screwed up the testing, but I don't see how that could have happened, since I tested it several times... rather, I suspect someone re-launched Balro while I wasn't watching, as a joke. Balro gets about three minutes, it seems.
(Jun. 04, 2013  10:09 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: So, is anyone else super annoyed with everyone using Dragooon? In my opinion, it's a really cheap win.

Er no. I mean it's dominated it at least 2 combos so I think that's a bit of a silly viewpoint. People always use what's powerful. Being annoyed at that is pointless.
Also, not all battles with Dragooon are cheap wins. Are you telling me using Wyvang Dragooon SA165 R2F against a defense type is a cheap win? It would require skill.
(Jun. 04, 2013  10:28 PM)Cake Wrote: Bad news- I can't seem to replicate my results with Balro Killerken. It seems that I may have screwed up the testing, but I don't see how that could have happened, since I tested it several times... rather, I suspect someone ripped Balro again while I was away as a joke.

That happens sometimes. I was testing something today for comparison (flame Cancer AD145B vs Flame Cancer SA165B) and when I switched just the clear wheel and tip the results changed completely for a reason unknown to me. I was launching the AD145 first the whole time to demonstrate SA165's poor stamina (it's not top tier for pure stamina and i'm trying to prove it through testing) but once I switched the track clear wheel and tips the SA165 combo started dominated for a reason completely unknown to me.
(Jun. 04, 2013  10:09 PM)DrPepsidew Wrote: So, is anyone else super annoyed with everyone using Dragooon? In my opinion, it's a really cheap win.
Not many people in some tournaments have Dragooon. At the BeyDays event I hosted only 2 people used Dragoon. I'm not sure how it would be considered as a cheap win because its not super hard to counter.
Also does anybody have issues with the launcher rubber things that go on the handle of a beylauncher. I've broken some beylaunchers using it.
Yeah but the only proper counter to it (Duo/Phantom BGrin) get beaten by pure stamina so it's not exactly clear cut is it. If you choose the counter to a BGrin combo to counter dragoon and they use stamina instead you've pretty much lost unless you have a good mold of BGrin (these are amazing btw, one in a recent UK tourney actually beat the top tier stamina combos thrown at it)
Sorry, attack combos with Dragooon are cool, I do like them, I still thing NON attack with Dragooon are cheap. Yeah they're easy to counter, if you know that they're using it.
And @Thuner Dome, the people who have Dragooon are usually the ones who do really well. (Go look at winning combos)
And Ultra, it is pretty dumb to be annoyed by it, but when someone pulls out a Dragooon and decides to boast about how they've one so many matches, I feel I have to beat them into the ground. (In a Beyblade match XD)

OH! Ultra, I've had the same experience before! I think it's just that certain parts have good synergy with others Tongue_out Like, you might like a cheeseburger with lettuce and ketchup, but when you change the type of lettuce and bun, you don't like it. (If that makes sense)
I'd say the primary reason Dragooon variants are everywhere is because it's the only Zero-G wheel released that can spin left. I'll admit that if follows more of my criteria for what makes a good wheel than just about anything else (it's heavy as a truck in Synchrom AND is opposite spin), but that doesn't make it cheap per say. Yes, it has utterly warped the metagame, but that's not always a bad thing.

Besides, you can just use Wyvang Wyvang and beat everything :V

EDIT: I'll admit I liked to say "Dragooon is broke" a lot when it was released, lol
(Jun. 05, 2013  2:07 PM)Ingulit Wrote: I'd say the primary reason Dragooon variants are everywhere is because it's the only Zero-G wheel released that can spin left. I'll admit that if follows more of my criteria for what makes a good wheel than just about anything else (it's heavy as a truck in Synchrom AND is opposite spin), but that doesn't make it cheap per say. Yes, it has utterly warped the metagame, but that's not always a bad thing.

Besides, you can just use Wyvang Wyvang and beat everything :V

EDIT: I'll admit I liked to say "Dragooon is broke" a lot when it was released, lol

Honestly, I'd love to have another Wyvang XD Wyvang^2 ___ R2F XD
I've finally mastered the Still Charging technique and can share it with the World(beyblade organization)!!! If you launch directly above the survive area(center) of a stadium at a level angle, your attack type will spin calmly until hit, to were it may unleash a number of powerful attacks in quick succession(most effective and accurate against non-attack types).

NOTE: I did this in a BB-46 stamina, so it may only work in MFB stadiums with flat centers.
Hmm 1200th page.

I'm really really sad now because I've just come to the realization that I'll never get a good Duo for a cheap price, unless I'm missing something SonoKong.

Dammit Hasbro!
I got a Takara Duo for under $15. Can't remember how much it cost, but it was from Powerpig
Here's a random question, is Hasbro going to release motti's bey or not? I'm thinking not but they should, I mean they made flame serpent in metal masters so i don't see why not, right?
No, they possibly might in like a double pack, but they release it a random combo, for a character that only shows up once.
Hasbro stock seems to move on to Shogun Steel already without completing even their Hyperblades series, so I really doubt Motti's Beyblade will be taken into consideration.
He was proud to unbox it : this is a sacred set that you should never unbox hah.
wat?? How did he got this limited edition Beyblade Legend Set?? Its so cool! I wonder for how much he buyed it for??!! Gasp