Beyblade Random Thoughts

So is Yard's spring lock tighter than Atomic? If it is, it could have some use
(Mar. 28, 2018  2:01 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Mar. 27, 2018  11:15 PM)iiggoor Wrote: I've just asked son if ever played against Hasbro X2. He watched it, and played against on (Hasbro) tournament.
Says that bursts itself much more than bursts other (Hasbro) beyblades.

What combos was the Hasbro X2 on? Because the synergy between the Tips spring tightness and the Layers slope tightness plays a factor into Hasbro's Burst Beyblades burst resistance.

He says that was stock combo.
Not so unusual because lot of children participate our tournaments (about 100 sometimes), and many of them have just one or few beyblades, so don't make any combos.

(Mar. 28, 2018  2:14 PM)Howaitonekon Wrote: ... I've bought it thinking it would be quite decent. But it bursts against almost everything. Could be just mine though, maybe I've picked a bad mold.

(Mar. 27, 2018  11:15 PM)iiggoor Wrote: I've just asked son if ever played against Hasbro X2. He watched it, and played against on (Hasbro) tournament.
Says that bursts itself much more than bursts other (Hasbro) beyblades.
Yep, I've noticed that as well so far. It's definitely better with Extreme (X seems to have good springs), but I don't really know. It feels extremely loose anyways.

Thanks for confirmation. I've felt awkward for sharing such uncertain info (he watched few battles ...). We don't have Hasbro X2, because I dislike any kind of Xcalibur. The owner knows much better ;)
Okay this just occured to me, I don't have replacements for some rare beys, like, I usually put one aside NIB for collection purposes, I haven't been able to do the same with Maximum Garuda, I own just one.

So basically, how many mGs do ya'll have? What I mean is, how many RB prize beys do you own?
(Mar. 31, 2018  9:46 PM)Wind~down~cat Wrote: Okay this just occured to me, I don't have replacements for some rare beys, like, I usually put one aside NIB for collection purposes, I haven't been able to do the same with Maximum Garuda, I own just one.

So basically, how many mGs do ya'll have? What I mean is, how many RB prize beys do you own?

I wish I had a mGs but my only RB prize is a shelter regulus. How do you guys get RB prize without buying tons of them?
(Mar. 31, 2018  10:35 PM)darksidemoon Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2018  9:46 PM)Wind~down~cat Wrote: Okay this just occured to me, I don't have replacements for some rare beys, like, I usually put one aside NIB for collection purposes, I haven't been able to do the same with Maximum Garuda, I own just one.

I wish I had a mGs but my only RB prize is a shelter regulus. How do you guys get RB prize without buying tons of them?

You either buy a guaranteed one on ebay for a lot of money, or just gamble and hope like me, which got me one mG and Q2 + Driger S.
(Mar. 31, 2018  10:50 PM)Jinbee Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2018  10:35 PM)darksidemoon Wrote: I wish I had a mGs but my only RB prize is a shelter regulus. How do you guys get RB prize without buying tons of them?

You either buy a guaranteed one on ebay for a lot of money, or just gamble and hope like me, which got me one mG and Q2 + Driger S.

I may be mistaken in interpretaiton. But I think have seen "random booster sets" where the seller "claims" to be selling one of each of the beys in the set of 8- so your paying for one of every bey in the RB volume?
I love Beyblade’s

Good

Beyblade or super cool
Is the hasbro Garuda G3 overpowered? I battled it against all if my SwitchStrike beys and it only lost 1 or 2 battles
(Apr. 01, 2018  11:00 PM)BeybladerBraden Wrote: Is the hasbro Garuda G3 overpowered? I battled it against all if my SwitchStrike beys and it only lost 1 or 2 battles

Basically yeah. Nothing has beaten it consistently, not even the common counters for the TT version.
(Apr. 01, 2018  6:13 PM)Kry Wrote:
(Mar. 31, 2018  10:50 PM)Jinbee Wrote: You either buy a guaranteed one on ebay for a lot of money, or just gamble and hope like me, which got me one mG and Q2 + Driger S.

I may be mistaken in interpretaiton. But I think have seen "random booster sets" where the seller "claims" to be selling one of each of the beys in the set of 8- so your paying for one of every bey in the RB volume?

When they sell in "Full Sets", it normally means one of every bey.
Okay, I would definiitely recommend not keeping Beyblade's assembled in storage
I've been getting results in Bursting Hasbro's Maximum Garuda, but once I switched to my second Hasbro Atomic that hasn't been used or been in an assembled combo for a long time, it feels significantly tighter and I can't Burst it anymore
(Apr. 02, 2018  12:21 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Apr. 01, 2018  11:00 PM)BeybladerBraden Wrote: Is the hasbro Garuda G3 overpowered? I battled it against all if my SwitchStrike beys and it only lost 1 or 2 battles

Basically yeah. Nothing has beaten it consistently, not even the common counters for the TT version.

Sr.0/7B.Br beats it almost every time
tN.0/4/7U.At beats it about 75% or more

pretty much nothing bursts it, in my own personal experience
I just hope they make the rest of the SwitchStrike beys have a better chance of beating G3 than the rest
I wonder what the likelyhood of unicorn and minoboros getting Z releases are? seeing how they were skipped over in god
(Apr. 02, 2018  1:23 AM)MonoDragon Wrote: Okay, I would definiitely recommend not keeping Beyblade's assembled in storage
I've been getting results in Bursting Hasbro's Maximum Garuda, but once I switched to my second Hasbro Atomic that hasn't been used or been in an assembled combo for a long time, it feels significantly tighter and I can't Burst it anymore

I experienced same thing so I can confirm
hopefully unicorn and miniboros get super z beys since chaos and trident got god beys
(Apr. 02, 2018  7:54 PM)bidinga Wrote: hopefully unicorn and miniboros get super z beys since chaos and trident got god beys

me too. I think TT skipped them for the god-layers because they couldn't design effective/original gimmics
(Apr. 02, 2018  8:19 PM)Kry Wrote:
(Apr. 02, 2018  7:54 PM)bidinga Wrote: hopefully unicorn and miniboros get super z beys since chaos and trident got god beys

me too. I think TT skipped them for the god-layers because they couldn't design effective/original gimmics

Unicorn could have a metal horn, idk what miniboros would get
Eventually BeyBlades will be played with almost exclusively by adults...
(Apr. 04, 2018  3:11 AM)FlyingWaffle Wrote: Eventually BeyBlades will be played with almost exclusively by adults...

Imagine if they were considered too dangerous for kids in the future.
(Apr. 04, 2018  6:20 AM)BlackMirror Wrote:
(Apr. 04, 2018  3:11 AM)FlyingWaffle Wrote: Eventually BeyBlades will be played with almost exclusively by adults...

Imagine if they were considered too dangerous for kids in the future.

chouzetsu in a nutshell. metal fight + burst = eye injuries

XD
RE: God Chips

This is a few weeks late, but I wanted to make a companion video (though I only showed the first 10 rounds of each test to not bore viewers, it was mainly to show the procedure) to it. Also bigger projects like this take some time between planning them/actually doing them and then typing up this whole big post.

Measurements (Click to View)

As you can see in the video I used Guardian Kerbeus Knuckle Yielding and Victory Valkyrie Heavy Flugel as my control combos - both were balance tuned to the best of my ability (my gK doesn't balance very well with any competitive-ish Stamina setups aside from gK.8.Br, and I tried a whole bunch of V2.H/K/7.R/S/C/G/Fl setups but my only mold 3 V2 didn't balance too well with any of them). Used the Hasbro Dual Threat Launcher and B-09 Stadium, with gK always launched first, both combos were launched at around 85-90% power.

Results:

bR-Guardian Kerbeus Knuckle Yielding (tight-fitting A# chip) vs. Victory Valkyrie Heavy Flugel
Num teeth skipped per round (Click to View)
Average teeth skipped: 1.75

sX-Guardian Kerbeus Knuckle Yielding (loose-fitting A# chip) vs. Victory Valkyrie Heavy Flugel
Average teeth skipped: 2.65

dC-Guardian Kerbeus Knuckle Yielding (tight-fitting non-A# chip) vs. Victory Valkyrie Heavy Flugel
Average teeth skipped: 2.1

gK-Guardian Kerbeus Knuckle Yielding (loose-fitting non-A# chip) vs. Victory Valkyrie Heavy Flugel
Average teeth skipped: 2.4

So overall, it seems like the fairest conclusion to draw from this testing at least is that having a God Chip that fits tightly in your Layer is more important than having specifically an A# chip, but if you happen to have one that is both a tight fit and an A#, that one might be the best choice. This might be a little skewed however, as the chip that subjectively felt tightest on gK was A#, so I might make a part 2 later using Twin Nemesis, where my C# Ark Bahamut chip feels the tightest, to see if the A# chip would still cause it to burst less.
that is... incredibly comprehensive.
@[Wombat], why not make a thread for your post about God Chips? Seems like a shame for it to eventually get buried in this thread.
Is there any recommended combinations for Legend Spriggan?