Beyblade Random Thoughts

For some reason, I just pictured Mercury Anubis as the same color as the ice blue Burn Phoenix recolor. It makes me said it wasn't released like that now, haha.
(Oct. 15, 2013  9:22 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2013  4:17 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2013  3:51 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: So...anyone know why the Mercury Anubis Brave version is called the Brave version? Or why the Legend version was given its name, for that matter? I'm just kind of curious how they gave each Beyblade its name based on its coloring.

"Legend" is obvious : it is the colour of Yuki's Mercury Anubius in the anime, and he is part of the Legend Bladers.

As for "Brave", I do not think there is a clear meaning. It 'sounds' 'flamey', no hah ?
Fair enough. I guess I'll always wonder why they chose "brave" over "flame" or "fire" version haha

Apparently its Special Move in the anime is "Brave Impact". Although in the dub I don't think it was ever used. That may be where it came from.
(Oct. 16, 2013  3:19 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2013  9:22 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Oct. 15, 2013  4:17 AM)Kai-V Wrote: "Legend" is obvious : it is the colour of Yuki's Mercury Anubius in the anime, and he is part of the Legend Bladers.

As for "Brave", I do not think there is a clear meaning. It 'sounds' 'flamey', no hah ?
Fair enough. I guess I'll always wonder why they chose "brave" over "flame" or "fire" version haha

Apparently its Special Move in the anime is "Brave Impact". Although in the dub I don't think it was ever used. That may be where it came from.

That's true for Anubis, but still doesn't explain why they would have chosen that for Pegasus. Tongue_out

Quote:Fair enough. I guess I'll always wonder why they chose "brave" over "flame" or "fire" version haha

Brave Version makes it sound more limited/fancy. Tongue_out (In my opinion, at least.)
(Oct. 16, 2013  3:19 AM)Wombat Wrote: Apparently its Special Move in the anime is "Brave Impact". Although in the dub I don't think it was ever used. That may be where it came from.

The anime came after the recolour though, not before. It also still would not explain why "brave" is associated with a red colour scheme.
(Oct. 16, 2013  3:35 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Brave Version makes it sound more limited/fancy. Tongue_out (In my opinion, at least.)
lmao I like this explanation. It sort of does, to be honest Tongue_out_wink
(Oct. 16, 2013  11:01 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Oct. 16, 2013  3:35 AM)Leone19 Wrote: Brave Version makes it sound more limited/fancy. Tongue_out (In my opinion, at least.)
lmao I like this explanation. It sort of does, to be honest Tongue_out_wink

Exactly, if they called it "BBG-__ Samurai Pegasis Recolor ver." it wouldn't sound as good.
I found out that figuring out which plastic to get has proved to be one of the hardest decisions of my life lol
Driger V2, nuf' said.
I only shop amazon and it cost to much on amazon
(Oct. 22, 2013  5:36 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: I only shop amazon and it cost to much on amazon

You shop on Amazon because it's expensive?
No, I think it's safer I don't trust eBay let's discuss this over pm
So hyperblades are in India !! Finally some competitive games
For the last couple days, I've been repeatedly launching Kraken Leviathan/Revizer Dragooon F230GCF on my bed so that only the upper portion of the Bey was spinning as a way to condition my brown F230, and believe it or not, it's actually worked! My brown F230 has progressively gotten better after having been conditioned in this way, proof being that it spins more freely now than it did when it was new, hah.

And I'm gonna keep it up; I really wanna see if I can condition my F230 to the point to where it performs just as well as the orange ones I've seen in YouTube videos.

Plus, now that I know this technique works (for me, at least), I'd like to eventually try the same thing on one of Hasbro's red F230's, if what I've read of them being generally as bad as the brown F230's in comparison to the orange ones is true. Gotta match it with that red GCF, y'know.
Oh no someone discovered my F230 mod... Well I actually get the F230 at the bottom, put 2 fingers between and balance it in my palm...
I figured I probably wasn't the first to do this, ha ha. But I actually prefer to launch the Bey onto my bed and then pick it up. Makes it easier and, IMO, is probably more effective.
I guess, I learned with a BB-10 with BD and ecch, if you didn't do it right, the spiky parts would penalize you... Try F230 with CF, it'll be easy to grip with your fingers.
so um there was this little girl that wanted me to put the beyblade on the launcher it was my Meteo L Drago on my LL2 and it actually stayed on for like 10 seconds and still didn't fall off! so launched and it worked XD
(Oct. 27, 2013  8:55 PM)Insomniac Wrote: For the last couple days, I've been repeatedly launching Kraken Leviathan/Revizer Dragooon F230GCF on my bed so that only the upper portion of the Bey was spinning as a way to condition my brown F230, and believe it or not, it's actually worked! My brown F230 has progressively gotten better after having been conditioned in this way, proof being that it spins more freely now than it did when it was new, hah.

And I'm gonna keep it up; I really wanna see if I can condition my F230 to the point to where it performs just as well as the orange ones I've seen in YouTube videos.

Plus, now that I know this technique works (for me, at least), I'd like to eventually try the same thing on one of Hasbro's red F230's, if what I've read of them being generally as bad as the brown F230's in comparison to the orange ones is true. Gotta match it with that red GCF, y'know.
Someone did something similar to condition BGrin with a fan and a paper propeller. http://beygensg.blogspot.com/2011/09/bb1...on-bd.html
But, I'm pretty sure you have to condition it in a stadium, otherwise it is illegal.

Welp, looks like we've got a couple of illegal F230's now. (hooray :\)
(Oct. 28, 2013  10:38 PM)Insomniac Wrote:

Lol does that really make it 100% illegal?
(Oct. 29, 2013  12:18 AM)Yuko Ray14 Wrote:
(Oct. 28, 2013  10:38 PM)Insomniac Wrote:

Lol does that really make it 100% illegal?

I think so.
How can the entire part be banned if there are many counters?
To be honest, I don't really understand why natural wear of a part is illegal, even if it alters performance. I don't think it's a real cause for concern if a WD is worn down so that it's semiagressive, but ah well. I guess it really depends on the part.
(Oct. 29, 2013  12:36 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: To be honest, I don't really understand why natural wear of a part is illegal, even if it alters performance. I don't think it's a real cause for concern if a WD is worn down so that it's semiagressive, but ah well. I guess it really depends on the part.

I get what you mean, but it can be altering/ridiculous to a point.

Like if an RF is worn to the plastic, you have like a Rubber Coated Flat (?), if a WD is worn down to the point where it acts like an F-base tip- its not intended to act like that, so therefore, it's illegal. Tongue_out
That's true. What I mean are really just small adjustments that affect the performance to a certain extent. Even if it wasn't supposed to perform that way, I think there's a difference between sanding a tip & slowly wearing it down. Besides, wearing down WD to a flat tip would really just make it a wider GF... if anything, these changes in performance would be for the worse, but it would make it more interesting & you'd definitely save more money. I can understand why we have the rule, since people would abuse that & modify their tips through other methods, but there's always the "what if." Tongue_out