Beyblade Geeks William, In Memory of.

On November 20th, 2013, William Ma, of Beyblade Geeks (BBG William), passed away at the age of 20 years, after being involved in a collision north of Calgary days earlier on the Queen Elizabeth 2 Highway.

Beyblade Geeks have made a tremendous impact in the world of beyblade with their humor and enthusiasm via their YouTube Channel. We are grateful to have them as an affiliate, and as such, we also share their grief. The World Beyblade Organization offers sincere condolences to the friends and family William left behind.

A scholarship fund was established by William’s friends to continue his philanthropic legacy. We urge our members to help out whenever they can. To learn more about the fundraiser, visit William's Legacy

This thread will remain open arbitrarily if you guys want to pay your respect or have comments. Respectfully, however, we urge you all to remember him as how he lived, and not how he passed.
These guys were in inspiration to most of us, it's sad to see such a happy guy pass, but as said in the OP, it looked like he enjoyed life, rest in peace BBG William and best wishes to his friends and family.

EDIT: first post Unhappy
William was an inspiration for me. He was the BBG that helped me get Beyblade Colosseum organized And prizes. He will be missed greatly. This makes me realize even more how valuable life is. I work with students this age during the week. Really makes me realize how reckless Ive personally been. Thank you for what you've done William.

Howard Wrote:Kind of in shock right now. As many of you know Im into Beyblade. And the Beyblade Geeks have played a key role in several events Ive done or competed in the past year. It came to my attention that William of the BBG has passed away at the age of 20. It saddens me to see not just a fellow beyblader but a friend pass away. Thoughts and prayers for the family.
Sounds like he was a pretty great guy outside of beyblade too: http://www.edmontonsun.com/2013/11/30/sc...pists-name

The way I see it, what matters is how you live your life, and from everything I've read, he did great things with the time he had. I think that there is some solace to be taken in that, at least.

Condolences to his friends and family.
I was actually sad and heart broken when I heard the news ;-; he'll surely be missed by many ;-;
They are funny guys, and he was especially. He was my favorite of the bunch even though I wasn't an active viewer of their videos. Condolences go out to te friends and family of him.

It's good to here he lived his life well.
Such a shame. Evidently he was a great person, and while I wasn't a huge fan of their videos, it's sad to hear this.

Thoughts go out to everyone affected.
We'll miss ya dude. You guys encouraged me to keep playing Beyblade despite being in college. Love you guys and keep going!
I did watch BeybladeGeeks from time to time and the sheer amount of love they had for the game was amazing: it was clearly reciprocated in leaps and bounds by every single one of their fans.

My thoughts go out to William's family and the rest of the BBG crew.
BBG were the guys who got me excited and interested in Beyblade. Without them, I probably wouldn't be here, because they're the reason I still play with toys at 17 lol. William added so much life to the show and I know it will be difficult to move on now that he's gone, not only for his family, but for those of us who were invested in BeybladeGeeks and their lives- especially the younger viewers. It's difficult to hear this news right around the holidays, but I hope that everyone will be able to handle it well and hopefully, one way or another, we can give back to the guys who gave us so much.
I feel kind of stupid now because I never knew about Beyblade Geeks before this.
I checked out some of the links listed in this thread and going by all the posts here, they seem to be really great people.
Sincere condolences to William's friends and family.
I dont know the people in BBG by name but they made some funny stuff and it is sad when any living being has to die, may his soul be at rest
Nothing to say i am Shocked R.I.P. BBG William. You will be missed Without you BBG will never be BBG without you Beyblade is not complete Crying Crying :[ ........
This is terrible news to me. I always loved watching their channel. I Wonder how they will go on :\ BBG Williiam put so much life and excitement into the show, It be sad to see William and Brendan without him Unhappy
(Dec. 20, 2013  1:50 PM)MidnightLWBO Wrote: This is terrible news to me. I always loved watching their channel. I Wonder how they will go on :\ BBG Williiam put so much life and excitement into the show, It be sad to see William and Brendan without him Unhappy
Bro it's William who passed away Unhappy Steven and Brendan are left Uncertain i hope they don't quit Crying
R.I.P BBG William!!!!!!!!!!we will always love you,we will always remember you, no matter what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCryingCrying,you were inspiration for sooo many bladers!!!!!!!!! if one day i get a little bit bored of bayblading i will think of you and i will keep going
(Dec. 20, 2013  2:11 PM)phantom_gt Wrote:
(Dec. 20, 2013  1:50 PM)MidnightLWBO Wrote: This is terrible news to me. I always loved watching their channel. I Wonder how they will go on :\ BBG Williiam put so much life and excitement into the show, It be sad to see William and Brendan without him Unhappy
Bro it's William who passed away Unhappy Steven and Brendan are left Uncertain i hope they don't quit Crying

Yeah, I know. I agree, It be sad to see them quit too. But it would be a big decision if they should go on Unhappy
Wow this is...I don't know. A reality check? I don't know, I'm in shock, really. With their popularity, how much they were loved by their fans, and even how much I enjoyed their videos, I put them on this pedestal. When they're up there you don't think that there is even a possibility that their world could ever be impacted like a normal person's...that one of them could be taken away from us so early like this. I feel ridiculous for saying this, but this was honestly the most a "celebrity" passing has ever affected me, because I actually feel like we got to know him and his real love for everything he does, I don't know. It's extremely good to hear that he was as great of a person outside of the cameras as he was on it.
My sincere condolences to his friends, family, and everybody affected by his passing.
I always enjoyed watching his enthusiasm on the show. It's a horrible thing, and even more so because he was so young.

My heartfelt condolences to all those he left behind.
I was shocked when I saw this news. BBG been my inspiration since I saw them last year in Youtube and I continue beyblading because of them. I really enjoyed watching their videos especially BBG William smiling while beyblading which making every video so complete. He makes everyone happy. We will always remember you BBG William. Condolences to William's friends and family.
I used to see many of his video with the rest of the BBG, I'm really sad for this bad news. We have lost a comrade.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.
Very sad to lose him, so young.

Now words can really describe the impact he left on all of us in the Beyblade community.

RIP.
I started watching their videos a little while back, and always looked forward to them. Out of the other popular channels for Beyblade, BBG was by far the best. Not only was there enthusiasm and fun in their videos, but I felt they were somewhat accurate when describing parts and could accurately display their knowledge about Beyblade.

They just posted this video yesterday, kind of a bloopers video, but it shows you how much fun he, as well as the rest of BBG, have when they are not making videos, or when they think they are not recording.

He will be greatly missed as their subscriber numbers can speak for itself that he, as well as the rest of BBG, are a huge impact to people who play the game.

Rest in Peace BBG William.
That doesnt sound too good, just goes to show you , anyone can die anytime. He was the BBG that used the Jet Black Dragon and won with it. I sure wasnt expecting this.......
I remember in their Q and A video, I BBG William to fart on BBG steven, and he said, "Hey Steven come here!"
Lol steven ran away.
Noooooo it can't be