BeyDays 2011 - May 28th & 29th, New Face Boosters, and a Quest for Quetz Sale!

Hey World Bladers!

BeyDays is back for the third year in a row! On the first BeyDay in 2009 we hosted tournaments in Canada and the UK. In 2010 we again hosted tournaments in Canada and the UK, but expanded to include Italy for the first time. This year, the expansion continues! Here are the tournaments we have lined up this year!:

On the 28th of May we'll be hosting events in: And on the next day, the 29th of May:
Additionally, because Vancouver was unable to reschedule their tournament for the actual BeyDays weekend, we've decided to make an exception and allow their tournament to be a part of BeyDays 2011 because it is their first event since 2009! Their tournament will be held on the 22nd of May:
Twenty one tournaments! This is going to be the largest BeyDays ever, by far. However, we know we can do better! Many smaller communities around the world have been trying their hardest to get tournaments organized, and we want to assist in making this process easier for you guys, if only for this one weekend. Here is what we're willing to do for you guys: waive the Blader Passport/$5 entry fee and Event Proposal process for the BeyDays weekend (May 28th-29th) for tournaments thar are being hosted in areas that have yet to host an (or have an approved) official WBO tournament. After BeyDays, the regular fees and procedures will return, but we hope that this special opportunity will help speed up the process of starting a thriving community in your area!

Interested in hosting a BeyDays 2011 Tournament in your area? Click here for details! (Click to View)

Now, back to the festivities! Like last year, all BeyDays 2011 participants will be awarded an exclusive Face! This year it will be the Face of Days II! [Image: BeyDays2011Face2.png]

Additionally, the BeyLotto–a tournament entry extra exclusive event–is back!

Everyone who enters a BeyDays tournament anywhere in the world will be given a number, and will be put into an exclusive lottery draw!

What are the wonderful prizes, you ask?
  • 1st Place - Big Bang Pegasis DX Set

• 2nd Place - WHF09 Gold L Drago 105F

• 3rd to 5th Place - Big Bang Pegasis F:D, Fang Leone 130W2D, or L Drago Destroy F:S

• 6th to 10th Place - Random Booster Vol. 7 Beat Lynx TH170WD
Additionally, the first to tenth place winners will have their choice of
As you can see, we have gone completely bonkers with Face Boosters! But what's that you're asking? What is Face Booster YELLOW and PURPLE?! Oh yes, I almost forgot … we are introducing two completely new Face Boosters on BeyDays 2011!!

And because we love our loyal Passport Holders so much, we've decided to limit the 1st-5th place prizes specifically to them! So, if you want to have a chance to win the coolest prizes, don't forget to purchase a Passport at your local BeyDays tournament!

So make sure to enter a tournament near you, for the chance to win not just tournament prizes, but these ultra special prizes as well!

We have one other important Face Booster-related announcement to make! Almost two years ago now, Face Booster BLACK was introduced as a replacement to the Royal Face, which was awarded to members who made a donation of at least $10. Now it's time for BLACK's replacement, Face Booster WHITE!

What does this mean for Face Booster BLACK? It means that it will be officially retired as of 12:00:00AM EST on May 28th to make way for WHITE. So, any donators who send donations prior to that date will receive Face Booster BLACK, while those after that date will receive Face Booster WHITE.

The Faces included in Face Booster WHITE will be revealed on the 28th, but don't forget, once Face Booster BLACK is gone … it's gone forever! If you've already purchased a Blader Passport, and still wish to donate (ie. be awesome), we are always accepting donations through PayPal at donate@worldbeyblade.org. All donations go towards paying our hosting costs, purchasing prizes for tournaments, and making massive giveaways like this one possible!

... One more thing! Very soon, the Quest for Quetz campaign will unfortunately be coming to an end, and we will be announcing a brand new campaign in its place. The way Credits are earned in this new campaign may differ slightly, and there is going to be a completely new and even more awesome prize pool than last time. We're going to be viewing this as a "fresh start", so, because of this we have made the decision that all physical prizes must be gone by June 20th, 2011, and if afterwards you still go over 7 Credits, your Credits will be reduced to that amount. Here is what remains in our prize pool:

Quetzalcoatl + Prize Hunter Face x1 (15 Credits) (SOLD!)
Storm Pegasis 105RF x1 (10 Credits) (SOLD!)
Dark Bull H145SD x1 (8 Credits) (SOLD!)
Dark Cancer CH120SF x1 (8 Credits) (SOLD!)
Dark Wolf DF145FS x1 + Face Booster DIAMOND (7 Credits) (SOLD!)
Face Booster DIAMOND (3 Credits)

As you can see, many items are "on sale"! Please PM a Committee member if you wish to purchase anything!

Additionally, we can disclose one detail about the new campaign ... Yet another new Face Booster: Face Booster PEARL.

That's it for now! Let the countdown towards BeyDays 2011 begin!
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smile
WHYYY why cant their be a tournament by me so i could go but their is never any around me and my mom aint flying me to another state to play beyblade which i would lose in cause my parts are all outclassed.
(May. 06, 2011  12:17 AM)mcdeeboy52 Wrote: OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smile

I understand your excitement for this incredible announcement, but this is SPAM. Please keep these one word posts to a minimum!
PMed about Quetz.

(May. 06, 2011  12:23 AM)omegazero Wrote: WHYYY why cant their be a tournament by me so i could go but their is never any around me and my mom aint flying me to another state to play beyblade which i would lose in cause my parts are all outclassed.
READ THE POST. They just made hosting tournaments idiot proof. You only need you + 7 bladers and a TT attack/super attack/stamina stadium and a camera.
I can't wait is it fine if people make accounts just to be in a tourney and aren'tgoing to be on much I would make them from my computer so I don't want a warning or anything...
I never really had an actual reason to buy an Attack Stadium until now haha. Good luck to everyone!
(May. 06, 2011  12:25 AM)PattyCakeChamp! Wrote: I can't wait is it fine if people make accounts just to be in a tourney and aren'tgoing to be on much I would make them from my computer so I don't want a warning or anything...
You can do that and refer them to yourself, even, as long as they participated in the tournament. That confirms them as a different person completely, which is the WBO's main concern.

Guys, if you want to make the cut, see if your parents, siblings, cousins, or friends will play with you. You never know, they might really enjoy playing and spending time with you and Beyblade more often because of it. Parents really enjoy helping their kids have safe fun, and this is definitely a great way to do it. Not only will it help you get your tournament approved, but they will also understand your hobbies more and as a tournament host, I've noticed that after a tournament or two, parents will be more willing to support your Beyblading interest if they experience it for themselves.

Take it from me, the only reason why I still Beyblade is because my parents saw me enjoying myself when I was Beyblading as a child and completely supported it and now they still help me with Beyblade to the best of our abilities. This can be a great family event as well as a competition.
(May. 06, 2011  12:29 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(May. 06, 2011  12:25 AM)PattyCakeChamp! Wrote: I can't wait is it fine if people make accounts just to be in a tourney and aren'tgoing to be on much I would make them from my computer so I don't want a warning or anything...
You can do that and refer them to yourself, even, as long as they participated in the tournament. That confirms them as a different person completely, which is the WBO's main concern.

Yeah, if you have to make accounts for people just so they can be inputted into the BeyPoint system, that's fine. However, please do encourage them to actually post!
This is gonna be the the best tournament of my whole life:^
(May. 06, 2011  12:24 AM)Deikailo Wrote: READ THE POST. They just made hosting tournaments idiot proof. You only need you + 7 bladers and a TT attack/super attack/stamina stadium and a camera.

The Stamina Type BeyStadium is illegal. Balance Type is legal.
(May. 06, 2011  12:31 AM)Kei Wrote:

Yeah, if you have to make accounts for people just so they can be inputted into the BeyPoint system, that's fine. However, please do encourage them to actually post!
I was hoping that that would be a given... you know, because the WBO is only the best forum in the universe. Who wouldn't want to be a part of it? Smug
(May. 06, 2011  12:31 AM)Kei Wrote:

I will they look up to me in a way I am like there beyblade teacher lol ps (alot of people ... thats why I joined to learn new stuff to get them excited) oh and Would we be buying the prizes ourselves for the tourney if we want some ???
(May. 06, 2011  12:35 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 06, 2011  12:24 AM)Deikailo Wrote: READ THE POST. They just made hosting tournaments idiot proof. You only need you + 7 bladers and a TT attack/super attack/stamina stadium and a camera.

The Stamina Type BeyStadium is illegal. Balance Type is legal.
Er...totally meant that. I have a standard type so I'm constantly confusing the two.
(May. 06, 2011  12:24 AM)Deikailo Wrote: PMed about Quetz.

(May. 06, 2011  12:23 AM)omegazero Wrote: WHYYY why cant their be a tournament by me so i could go but their is never any around me and my mom aint flying me to another state to play beyblade which i would lose in cause my parts are all outclassed.
READ THE POST. They just made hosting tournaments idiot proof. You only need you + 7 bladers and a TT attack/super attack/stamina stadium and a camera.

just missing 1 thing a attack stadium and i cant host a tournament
(May. 06, 2011  12:35 AM)PattyCakeChamp! Wrote: oh and Would we be buying the prizes ourselves for the tourney if we want some ???

Unfortunately, yeah. As it says in the announcement (please read it carefully):
BeyDays 2011 Announcement Wrote:And just as a note: if your tournament is approved afterwards as "official", we still will not provide any reimbursement for prizes you purchase this time around, simply because nobody will have ended up paying an entry fee at the tournament.

If this first tournament is successful though, and you're able to host another where you follow normal procedures (fees/Passports, proposal, etc), then we'd be glad to reimburse you for the cost of some prizes.
(May. 06, 2011  12:37 AM)omegazero Wrote:

Find someone that has an attack stadium then, but seriously, you say "can't" like no matter what, it's impossible. Ink is 12 and he's hosting his own tournament. If he can do it, anybody can. Props to him, he's very headstrong for his age.
Will this be done next year as well? If so, I'll start saving up to go. As much as I'd love to enter, I unfortunately can't this year.
(May. 06, 2011  12:40 AM)Greimatter Wrote: Will this be done next year as well? If so, I'll start saving up to go. As much as I'd love to enter, I unfortunately can't this year.

Definitely! Don't you have enough Bladers in Florida to host a tournament, though? You're exactly the kind of person we were hoping our offer would help.
So many new things being implemented! :o So excited! Smile
Purple and Yellow...how interesting.
(May. 06, 2011  12:40 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(May. 06, 2011  12:37 AM)omegazero Wrote:

Find someone that has an attack stadium then, but seriously, you say "can't" like no matter what, it's impossible. Ink is 12 and he's hosting his own tournament. If he can do it, anybody can. Props to him, he's very headstrong for his age.

i dont mean i dont want to,but im 13 and my mom won't let me host one and i know no one in louisiana eith a attack stadium.but really i would want to host one.
Get your community to host a tournament anyway that way they have an established "leader" to help get future tournaments approved.
(May. 06, 2011  12:53 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Get your community to host a tournament anyway that way they have an established "leader" to help get future tournaments approved.

what you mean, we aint got no one down here to host one and i cant ask the community as their aint no mayer our anything to ask.
(May. 06, 2011  12:55 AM)omegazero Wrote:
(May. 06, 2011  12:53 AM)Deikailo Wrote: Get your community to host a tournament anyway that way they have an established "leader" to help get future tournaments approved.

what you mean, we aint got no one down here to host one and i cant ask the community as their aint no mayer our anything to ask.
Was talking to greimatter, but seriously, you have 3 weeks to pull together something. I just wrote up an entire solution to making the cut. Get your family to play!
If someone enters two different beyday events, does that mean we are entered in the lotto twice?
Sounds great! Alot more prizes that I expected. I am proud to be a part of BeyDays 2011. Thanks!