[Product]  BG-02 Random Layer Collection Vol. 2

I saw this earlier, but I didn't have time to reply. I think the layer choice is very.. interesting. The color choice feels odd for me, too, but hey, that is probably just me. That is not to say that they don't look good/decent, though.

(Mar. 22, 2016  10:22 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'm surprised nobody is really talking about how lazy this design is? Unlike the others, it's clear that they started with the original Odin design and just modified it a bit.

When I first saw it this morning, it was quite obvious to me that it was Obelisk Odin, as it retained a couple of it's (unique(?)) features. Not to say I do still like it, but the only major design change I see is the sword.

I will probably buy this anyways Tongue_out
(Mar. 22, 2016  10:25 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: It's different enough for me, though Ragnaruk was also a little similar.

They have similar motifs, but I suspect Obelisk Odin is literally a modification of the original Odin's 3D design file.
(Mar. 22, 2016  11:21 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Mar. 22, 2016  10:25 PM)J.I.N.B.E.E! Wrote: It's different enough for me, though Ragnaruk was also a little similar.

They have similar motifs, but I suspect Obelisk Odin is literally a modification of the original Odin's 3D design file.

Oh lol I meant similar enough to it's predecessor, but looking at it I change my mind. As for Odin, yeah it's like a more jagged Odin, still nice looking nonetheless.
Obelisk Odin looks amazing!! It's just too bad there's no unique disk and driver!! Will definitely up a video once this bad boy gets released! My first battle will be OHD vs OOHD!!
I notice that the clear plastic is almost inexistant... may be it's the prototype of the final Obelisk Odin. if they released the image to soon it may explain why they have deleted it.
(Mar. 23, 2016  12:20 AM)loyd87 Wrote: I notice that the clear plastic is almost inexistant... may be it's the prototype of the final Obelisk Odin. if they released the image to soon it may explain why they have deleted it.

The clear plastic is everything that is blue.

Also, apparently some store contacted OkinawamTS and said that the release date is March 28th.
(Mar. 16, 2016  9:40 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Mar. 16, 2016  6:53 PM)Zera Wrote: I hope the secret layer´ll be a Gargoyle, Griffin, Golem, Ziz, Leviathan or Behemoth. Smile

Funny fact: I had actually suggested we do a Battle Strikers set including a stadium and tops based on Leviathan and Behemoth, but they nixed it once they realized I was trying to recreate a biblical battle.

LOL I know this is an old post but I would love to see that! If only you had the design for it. Better than that Top Plate nonsense.

I don't know why but I find it a little weird that they released this having both normal and Dual layers in it, but since there probably isn't a weight difference, whatever.
it looks more a layer like Xcalibur then a dual layer but its still deleted we may pay to much attention at this image... theres no official image yet and this one just disapeared for some reason
This is an official image; it being deleted doesn't change that. I am certain it will look exactly like this.
possible. I prefere keeping a doubt on that. we never know what can happen. It would be cool if its the official looking for OO, but looks fragile. It looks more agressive then its predecessor
This one right here?[Image: Screenshot_2016-03-23-08-14-18-1.png]

The blue one they are saying as ODIN cp.. Don't know what cp means..
Where do you see "Odin cp"? All that image says about Odin is that it is the Rare item and it is the Obelisk Odin Layer, an Attack type.
(Mar. 22, 2016  10:22 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I'm surprised nobody is really talking about how lazy this design is? Unlike the others, it's clear that they started with the original Odin design and just modified it a bit.

I mean, I think it looks cool, but it's a pretty weird approach.

I thought at first that the design was a little lazy and too similar looking to the original odin. Then I realized that the original Odin was really good, so perhaps it wasn't laziness but was them trying to make the layer as good as the original, while still making it look different. Judging by the shape, it really looks too me like it would be quite hard to burst.
I think it could have more recoil then the previous layer. looks more agressive so it could be more useful for attack then Stamina/Denfese like the Odin Layer
(Mar. 23, 2016  4:25 AM)ZachBob Wrote:

I mean, I think it looks cool, but it's a pretty weird approach.

I thought at first that the design was a little lazy and too similar looking to the original odin. Then I realized that the original Odin was really good, so perhaps it wasn't laziness but was them trying to make the layer as good as the original, while still making it look different. Judging by the shape, it really looks too me like it would be quite hard to burst.

I will be very very surprised if this Layer is as good as the original Odin.
hm new Odin looks good. but i doubt it can "outclass" our old monster 'OHD [i still like ORB more]'.

again are those silver things are metal?

(Mar. 23, 2016  5:23 AM)loyd87 Wrote: I think it could have more recoil then the previous layer. looks more aggressive so it could be more useful for attack then Stamina/Denfese like the Odin Layer

iirc. TT made a it 'Ultimate Stamina/Defence Hybrid' by mistak:p
Obviously they wouldn't be metal ...
Ah! I actually really dislike the way new Odin looks.. the original was really so much sleeker and prettier to me. Wondering now how it will fare in battle.
(Mar. 23, 2016  3:40 PM)FIREFIRE Wrote: hm new Odin looks good. but i doubt it can "outclass" our old monster 'OHD [i still like ORB more]'.

again are those silver things are metal?

LOL I think they'd want the layer to be strong at just attacking the beyblades, not the players as well.
Just in seeing the Obelisk Odin'shape, this will be an attack monster! I don't know if those are snakes, obelisks or swords, but the grey parts have a really, really great attack potential! I think that it will be the reason of the Burst finishes...
Since Obelisk Odin doesn't have a full image of the layer in a good quality, I decided to do a little editing and make one:

[Image: v74bk7.jpg]

Enjoy! Smile
(Mar. 23, 2016  10:39 PM)Hato Wrote: Since Obelisk Odin doesn't have a full image of the layer in a good quality, I decided to do a little editing and make one:

[Image: v74bk7.jpg]

Enjoy! Smile

Thank you! This is really better! ^^
I'm not sure if anyone noticed this already, but OO has Xcalibur-style wide teeth. You can see them through the transparent center, right around the edge.

I'm hoping that the other Dual Layers also have the wider teeth (at least the more aggressive ones).
I see nothing Confused
(Mar. 23, 2016  10:39 PM)Hato Wrote: Since Obelisk Odin doesn't have a full image of the layer in a good quality, I decided to do a little editing and make one

Good job, Hato. I went ahead and finished it for you.

[Image: PwIj6V9.jpg]