Jan

BEYBLADE SHOGATSU 2020

Toronto, Ontario
Japanese Canadian Cultural Centre
6 Garamond Court
  Exact room within the JCCC is TBA. Stay tuned to this page for updates.
10:00AM on 01/18/2020
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format
Burst

Most official Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
20 cash  

A ticket to Anime Shogatsu is required to participate in this event. Buy Ticket Here.

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

AT
[Image: pxlkmzY.png]

Join us on Saturday, January 18th, 2020 for a Toronto Beyblade Burst Tournament at Anime Shogatsu for the fifth straight year!

If you can make it, please hit the blue "JOIN TOURNAMENT" button at the top of this page! See further registration guidelines below. See you there!

Anime Shogatsu Membership Required
Please note that to enter the convention and gain access to our event, a membership for Anime Shogatsu 2020 is required. Purchase your Anime Shogatsu 2020 membership online here. Memberships are also available at the door (starting at 9AM for $25), but we recommend purchasing online ahead of time.

Kids 10 and under are admitted for free, however they would need to be accompanied by a parent/guardian with a membership purchased.

Tickets at the Door: Special Offer for WBO Members
If you don't buy a ticket online, Anime Shogatsu has created a special offer for WBO members 13 years and older: tickets at the door will be $20 instead of $25, but you MUST let them know you are attending the Beyblade tournament.

Participant Cap: 100 Players
While everyone will be welcome to spectate and participate in free play, there will be a participant cap of 100 Players on this tournament due to limited space, time, and staff.

To confirm your spot in the event, hit the blue “JOIN TOURNAMENT” button at the top of this page.

Additional Registration Guidelines

• Day-Of Check-In Required: All players will be required to check-in with our tournament staff at the entrance to the JCCC before 11:30AM. Our tournament staff will be set up right beside the pick-up area for your membership pass.
  • Late Arrivals: If you arrive after 11:30AM, you will not be able to enter the tournament (but are welcome to participate in free play).
  • Have Your WBO Account Open On Your Phone: During check-in, be sure to have your WBO account page open on your phone so we can verify your username quickly.
  • Posting/PMing Will Not Secure Spot: Posting in this thread or private messaging the host will not confirm a spot in the tournament. You must follow the instructions above.
  • Day-Of Registration: Registration on the day of the event for people who don’t confirm a spot beforehand will be possible if spots are available.
  • Signed up and can't make it? Let us know: If you end up not being able to make it to the event, please post here to notify the host so we can you from the tournament bracket and open up a spot for someone else. Players who sign up on this page and do not show up at the tournament without any notice may be warned in accordance with our Community Rules. Thanks for your understanding!

Need-to-Know Information Sheet
Some of this information is covered below, but we will also be handing out the following need-to-know information sheet on the day of the event. It covers key topics related to the organization of this event to ensure everyone is on the same page.

You may read it then, or get a head start right now:

Schedule
Our room will be open for the majority of convention hours on Saturday at Anime Shogatsu. We'll be running one tournament with the remainder of time dedicated to free play for new and intermediate Bladers.

• Registration (at JCCC Entrance): 10:00AM–11:30AM
  • Tournament Start: 12:00PM
  • Tournament End: 6:00PM (Approximately)
  • During All Room Hours: Free Play for all Attendees

Challonge Tournament Bracket

[Image: bRO7nah.png]

We run all of our tournaments using tournament management software called Challonge.

Click the button below to view the tournament bracket page for this tournamnt. You can us this to follow along during the event.

No Bey? No Prob!
Don't have any Beyblades from the Beyblade Burst series? No problem! We would be happy to lend a Beyblade and launcher to you to use for your tournament matches!

Have a BeyStadium? Bring it!
We will be bringing stadiums for this event, but more are always welcome! Any BeyStadium is fine for free play, but BeyStadium Standard Types (pictured below) are particularly appreciated. If you can bring one, please post here to let us know.

[Image: beyblade-burst-beystadium-standard-type.png]

Not sure what to expect?
Check out this report from our tournament at Unplugged Expo 2019 (also at the JCCC)!

[Image: IVwEIxc.jpg]

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Dec. 24, 2019  2:04 PM)Jonnygoodboy Wrote: Do not buy fake beyblade it has lead

Thank you for adressinng this but this is currently not relevant to this thread.
53 people in 47 spots left. Who will find out?! Tune in next time to find out!
I have a feeling Bearing and Paradox Are going to be good together, Who else agrees.
BEYBLADE SHOGATSU 2020 . ZANKYE'S PRIZE DONATION

[Image: GUbAmME.jpg]

https://imgur.com/a/j3kp6Tt
(Jan. 05, 2020  9:14 PM)originalzankye Wrote: BEYBLADE SHOGATSU 2020 . ZANKYE'S PRIZE DONATION

No way thank you Zankye! Those prizes look amazing. Definitely wanted a RBVL18 booster and Master so I hope to do well!
(Jan. 05, 2020  9:14 PM)originalzankye Wrote: BEYBLADE SHOGATSU 2020 . ZANKYE'S PRIZE DONATION

Will you be selling anything?

Thank You again Zankye for helping out and donating to the event! It is always appreciated Grin
Kperdy
Is this a good event for kids? My 8 year old is obsessed and wants to go to a tournament.

This is a great event for kids, every WBO event we have been to has been a great scene with no pretentiousness or poor sportsmanship. The rules are clear and obeyed alongside a great diligence by judges to be fair and impartial. 
Our personal big hurtle with a large tournaments is patience. At 7yrs old focus can be lost so we need to be well fed and rested before we show.

Will be Selling all the latest releases, for reservations  please PM. Thanks

(Jan. 06, 2020  9:24 PM)Tahoor v2 Wrote:

Will you be selling anything?

YES ALL THE LATEST BEYS
(Jan. 07, 2020  12:15 AM)this is great tournament.  My son started at the same age.  Just bring lots of snacks. They will have a great time.  SpeedBump Wrote: Kperdy
Is this a good event for kids? My 8 year old is obsessed and wants to go to a tournament.

This is a great event for kids, every WBO event we have been to has been a great scene with no pretentiousness or poor sportsmanship. The rules are clear and obeyed alongside a great diligence by judges to be fair and impartial. 
Our personal big hurtle with a large tournaments is patience. At 7yrs old focus can be lost so we need to be well fed and rested before we show.
(Jan. 12, 2020  8:51 PM)Jonnygoodboy Wrote: Are they going to sell imperial Dragon

Yes. Zankye clearly stated that he will be selling all of the latest beys.
Hey! Looks like I can actually make this one! Looking forward to it.
(Jan. 13, 2020  11:29 PM)bladekid Wrote: Hey! Looks like I can actually make this one! Looking forward to it.

OHHH NOOOO! I'm gonna get Dimension-Shreked
(Jan. 14, 2020  2:11 PM)henwooja1 Wrote:
(Jan. 13, 2020  11:29 PM)bladekid Wrote: Hey! Looks like I can actually make this one! Looking forward to it.

OHHH NOOOO! I'm gonna get Dimension-Shreked
We will see my friend.
Have a good time everyone.
I won’t be able to make it as I have to prep for my exams.
Cries in paper
(Jan. 15, 2020  6:18 PM)MDK Shady Wrote: Have a good time everyone.
I won’t be able to make it as I have to prep for my exams.
Cries in paper

Noooo! Hope you do well on your exams! Grin

25 spots left. Will they be taken or will they not?!
Let’s go Flashh!
hmmm i kinda worried the weather report says its going to be light blowing snow and white out conditions. same as last year..........
(Jan. 16, 2020  10:43 PM)Megaman053 Wrote: hmmm i kinda worried the weather report says its going to be light blowing snow and white out conditions. same as last year..........

If last year is any indication, clearly the weather does not deter people. Wink
The hype for this event is real! It will most likely be hectic but with our amazing staff I think we can pull it off. Grin
Oh wow, it doesn't feel like a year has already gone by! Have fun everyone!
(Jan. 17, 2020  9:39 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Jan. 16, 2020  10:43 PM)Megaman053 Wrote: hmmm i kinda worried the weather report says its going to be light blowing snow and white out conditions. same as last year..........

If last year is any indication, clearly the weather does not deter people. Wink

if i were any closer i would but im all the way in hamilton, i cant risk my life for something i can easily go to next year and there are regular tournaments.
(Jan. 18, 2020  1:37 AM)Megaman053 Wrote:
(Jan. 17, 2020  9:39 AM)Kei Wrote: If last year is any indication, clearly the weather does not deter people. Wink

if i were any closer i would but im all the way in hamilton, i cant risk my life for something i can easily go to next year and there are regular tournaments.
Wait, isn't that's only like 45 minutes away though?