BBG-3/4 Zero-G Stadium Attack Type Discussion

RSF is in this stadium... acts like RSF Tongue_out

Starts out the same, ends the same. Only thing is that it prevents stock Saramanda from flying against stock Ifraid's attacks.

EDIT: I be testing stock Hell Crown.... FB seems to rock the stadium!
Oh, yeah, I forgot to list FB as something I wanted to hear about.
after seeing eds perform in this stadium, it seems to be able to have good balance not going flying , i really want to see eds tested with other combos, other than scythe kronos.[/align]
(Apr. 10, 2012  6:10 PM)th!nk Wrote: Oh, yeah, I forgot to list FB as something I wanted to hear about.

Metal Ball seems to do quite well in what little play I've done so far, especially considering that very little "high impact" contact gets made in this stadium unless both beys are on non-rubber attack bottoms (CF, XF, WF, HF, MF, F).
Yeah, I've gleaned that from a few posts made so far, I'm unsurprised MB is doing quite well in this stadium, given the abilities highlighted by Uwik's awesome MF-H Duo ___ 230MB combo.
MB is Near unstoppable here.It competely shuts down Zero-G attacks (If it has great weight that is) and it can outspin Stamina combos the most of the time.Sadly I think Duo is too light for MB.It got swung off a couple of times. but the percentage of MB staying in the stadium is still high.
(Apr. 11, 2012  3:43 AM)Brood Wrote: MB is Near unstoppable here.It competely shuts down Zero-G attacks (If it has great weight that is) and it can outspin Stamina combos the most of the time.Sadly I think Duo is too light for MB.It got swung off a couple of times. but the percentage of MB staying in the stadium is still high.

Thats what I tought...This game is the total opposite of the previous game. Low grip is the new point of focus. combination of a ball and the low grip of the metal kills it. Could try something like a MSF Phantom and Synchrome 230/TH170MB combo. It could be proving to os stamina even better and hold its ground against attackers.
How does MF-H Duo Cancer 230MB do? I know heavier stuff works better, but I'm kinda curious given it's pretty awesome in BB-10 but is kinda specific parts-wise?
How about some Metal flat testing?Im not sure about it's performance, but I'm interested.
Well i cant use my MF cuz its badly off axis.I should start posting tests results lol been a little busy lately ><
(Apr. 11, 2012  12:26 PM)KaotiK Wrote: How about some Metal flat testing?Im not sure about it's performance, but I'm interested.

In general, the movement from Metal Flat is not as extreme as XF or WF, but it still is vulnerable to being swung around the stadium and into an exit when facing another attack type.
Ok.Well, tests can only tell, but if you dont want to, thats fine.
Does anything significantly different when wheels are using opposite spin directions? LDG is the main one I'm thinking of but yeah, for both attack and defense, does it have any major impact?
When you have a battle between 2 beys of the same spin direction, the stadium rocks in such a way as to encourage the beys to end up on opposite sides from one another - almost like it seeks to balance itself - and so they don't make contact very often.

In a battle between 2 beys of opposite spin direction, the stadium still rocks around but it isn't able to coax the beys into harmonic movement - so there is more contact made between the two beys.
Ah, I was wondering about that. Thanks for clearing that up, Arupaeo.

How are the battles like with both directions? More chaotic? Longer?

When using opposite spin beys, the battles can be very energetic at first with some huge hits! If you survive the initial 20-30 seconds, then its a matter of spin equalizing - but there are some interesting effects. The bey that gets to and holds the center first can sometimes make the outside bey tilt heavily and floor scrape. Even if the bey in the center has less natural stamina it can still win!

Later on tonight I'll be posting some testing that I did with Galaxy4Stars today.
Basically any heavy Bey like MSF salamander salamander SW145 SD should be shot directly to the slope that way the stadium can tilt very "Sharp" witch can cause the other bey to scrape or KO it self.
Hopefully they release some left or dual spin Zero G beys so we don't end up relying on things like LDrago Guardian, though I guess with more contact, Variares could work too?

By the way, I'm also interested - how much does the surface the stadium is placed on affect its behaviour? If it's noticeable, could be interesting for tournaments/testing etc...
I actually have the BBG-03 ZeroG Stadium and some of the best tips that actually work in them are the ES (Eternal Sharp) (found on Flame Libra), WD with the 230 track (Wide Defense) (found on Flash Sagittario), and the S tip (Sharp) (found on Flame Sagittario). Most other Defense type tipes are now horiffic in the stadium. Even the BGrin (Bearing Drive) (found on Phantom Orion) is surprising bad for this stadium. Anything is possible in the stadium.
Thanks but that's not actually helping us out. Can you give better explanations on how these tips were best and how the Defense tips are "horrific"?
(Apr. 14, 2012  7:30 AM)th!nk Wrote: Hopefully they release some left or dual spin Zero G beys so we don't end up relying on things like LDrago Guardian, though I guess with more contact, Variares could work too?

By the way, I'm also interested - how much does the surface the stadium is placed on affect its behaviour? If it's noticeable, could be interesting for tournaments/testing etc...
VariAres worked well in our testing.

But there also another thing i would like to look into/Discussed it has to do with pocket/exit, as the stadium wobbling or tilting and beyblade moving around then a bey hits another bey both bey goes into the pocket/exit but the MW is on the playing area and the track is on the floor/carpet/cardboard spinning and there still hitting each other in my case..

1.The MW is on the playing area is still considered in the playing area
2.If both bey are KO'd to a different pocket but the stadium helping the Bey to get in the stadium instead the MW scraping or etc. on the stadium. If 1 beyblade exit 1st is a KO
3.Both bey in same pocket if 1 bey leave 1st is a KO Or if 1 bey stop spinning while in Stadium Pocket is a OSKO

Details of the testing from Galaxy4Stars and me.

Testing Methods
*Zero-G Attack Stadium (from BBG-03)
*Beylauncher L/R
*We played kind of "King of the mountain" style, where the winning bey remained to face the next challenger
*We switched who shot which bey every 5 rounds
*Landslide wins were halted at 10 rounds to save time, 20 rounds otherwise

The Tests

Phantom Kerbecs B:D - 10 wins (5 KO, 5 OS) 50%
MFH Diablo Nemesis B:D - 10 wins (10 KO) 50%

MFH VariAres R145 RF (left spin) - 2 wins (2 KO) 20%
MFH Diablo Nemesis B:D - 8 wins (8 KO) 80%

Blitz UnicornoII TH170 RF - 1 win (1 KO) 10%
MFH Diablo Nemesis B:D - 9 wins (8 KO, 1 OS) 90%

MSF Saramanda Saramanda SW145 D - 8 wins (2 KO, 6 OS) 80%
Diablo Nemesis B:D - 2 wins (2 KO) 20%

Saramanda Ifraid B:D - 10 wins (10 KO) 100%
VariAres 145 XF (left spin) - 0 wins () 0%

Saramanda Ifraid B:D - 0 wins () 0%
MFH Duo Kerbecs 230 MB - 10 wins (10 OS) 100%

VariAres 145 R2F (left spin) - 10 wins (7 KO, 3 OS) 50%
MFH Duo Kerbecs 230 MB - 10 wins (4 KO, 6 OS) 50%

Hah, well we ended just like we started at 50/50. :) I wish we had had more time, but there will be other days and lots more testing to be done!

Some takeaways from the day:
  • Contrary to some other posts, we found that B:D is actually at least as useful in the Zero-G attack stadium as it is in BB-10.
  • XF, WF and CF are very difficult to control and often self KO within seconds of being launched
  • Rubber attack tips are much less likely to self KO
  • The weight of the bey is a very important factor in eliminating self KO (a heavier bey stays in more often than a lighter one)
  • Big mismatches in weight will throw the lighter bey high in the stadium toward the exits
  • 125 tracks are about the point where scraping occurs about half the time. I'd recommend going higher than this.
  • More than once, "Bey A" was in the exit with its metal wheel above the rim, with the stadium tipped in that direction - and then when "Bey B" moved to the other side of the stadium, the stadium tipped back and lifted Bey A out of the pocket and back into play. It is absolutely possible for a bey to return into play from this position, and very hard to tell if it is touching the ground or not.
  • Sometimes both beys would go into the exit together (both having the potential to return into play) but only one bey makes it back into play. It would appear to me that regardless of the order in which the beys go into the exit, the bey that makes it back into play would be the winner.
  • A flat, level surface is absolutely critical to using the Zero-G Attack Stadium - we tried it out on relatively level grass - but the natural clumping of the grass ended up moving the stadium into a position where it settled in and didn't sway properly. We but the cardboard from the BBG-03 box under the stadium and then it worked just fine.
how does weight distribution of the blade affect the performance of the bey in the stadium.
Urgh, the swaying gimmick is cool and all, but needing a completely even/flat surface as well as the whole synchrom money grab is kinda annoying.

Thanks very much for those tests, though I'm confused why you went with kerbecs on Duo 230MB, it doesn't have great synergy there.
I wonder if TAKARA-TOMY will release some WBBA mats that actually go underneath the stadium, not just around it for the players' knees.