Ask a question, get an answer! New Thread Rules!

(Jul. 29, 2010  3:03 AM)Serpentking99 Wrote: Are you allowed to paint your beyblade's? like the fusion wheel and/or the other parts and then use them in tourtaments?

As long as the paint does not affect the performance of the beyblade, I would say yes.
Coating beys is legal as long as the paint doesn't affect the top's performance. Wheels are the best parts to paint. For plastic parts, dyeing is highly recommended.
(Jul. 29, 2010  2:55 AM)Akel Wrote: What are/is the Bey Days? Just Curious.
The best days in our lives.

Or, the day(s) where we agree to hold as many tournaments as possible around the globe at the same time.
What paint doesnt add wait to your beyblade? also, what is the wheel with the least recoil? can someone tell me?
(Jul. 29, 2010  3:08 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2010  2:55 AM)Akel Wrote: What are/is the Bey Days? Just Curious.
The best days in our lives.

Or, the day(s) where we agree to hold as many tournaments as possible around the globe at the same time.

When's the next one?
(Jul. 29, 2010  3:09 AM)MaxL Wrote: When's the next one?
Hm, it will depend. Generally, around the same weeks as the previous BeyDays.
(Jul. 29, 2010  3:09 AM)UDC Wrote: What paint doesnt add wait to your beyblade? also, what is the wheel with the least recoil? can someone tell me?

Sprays and airbrushing are preferred.

Escolpio?
(Jul. 29, 2010  3:13 AM)The LVJ Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2010  3:09 AM)UDC Wrote: What paint doesnt add wait to your beyblade? also, what is the wheel with the least recoil? can someone tell me?

Sprays and airbrushing are preferred.

Escolpio?

For your plastic parts, you can dye them as well which I don't believe adds weight. Won't chip, and looks really cool Smile
(Jul. 29, 2010  3:06 AM)Daegor42 Wrote:
(Jul. 29, 2010  3:03 AM)Serpentking99 Wrote: Are you allowed to paint your beyblade's? like the fusion wheel and/or the other parts and then use them in tourtaments?

As long as the paint does not affect the performance of the beyblade, I would say yes.

Oh okay then are you sure because I just want do to that to make it look better and when it's stinning too.
(Jul. 29, 2010  3:08 AM)The LVJ Wrote: Coating beys is legal as long as the paint doesn't affect the top's performance. Wheels are the best parts to paint. For plastic parts, dieing is highly recommended.

So im allowed as long as im not making it like undefetable or something like that?
(Jul. 29, 2010  3:30 AM)Serpentking99 Wrote: Oh okay then are you sure because I just want do to that to make it look better and when it's stinning too.

Just note that your paint will chip off after you use it in battle.

EDIT: I suppose Wolf has been outclassed as a wheel, but any specific reasons why?
Three questions on that front.

First, which are the best brands for both airbrush paints and dyes? Second, what effect does the dye have exactly on the clear parts? Finally, what would you suggest for detailing on these particular approaches?

As for your Metal Wheels, there is a method out there to color them as well that doesn't use paint. I think they did this for a few wheel versions out there in shop. The method is called anodization. I heard about it through custom lightsaber forums. I'll have to look more into the process which I can't do at the moment because I'm posting this through my Wii. However I'll look into it and post the details later. However from what I understand this would be a perfectly legal way for color mods on a metal wheel. Maybe even good for older parts.
I was under the impression that anodizing was expensive, and that it requires specific methods for specific metals.

I'm not sure if the metal used in MFB's can be anodized.
Aren't the "CW's" on the L-Drago and Pegasis included in the vortex set vacuum metalized?
Does anyone have information on Metal System Wolf? It seems like a very nice attack wheel...
But I will probably be convinced otherwise.
Some claim it possesses okay upper attack, but it has not been extensively tested.
(Jul. 29, 2010  3:52 AM)OkiBlaze Wrote: Does anyone have information on Metal System Wolf? It seems like a very nice attack wheel...
But I will probably be convinced otherwise.

Yeah, I tried looking up info on it, but all I got was "It's right spin! It sucks! It should have been left spin!"
I looked a little more into the anodization method, it would be a horrid idea for metals that rust easy such as steel. Can anyone tell me exactly what metal that the Metal wheels are made of? If its something like Aluminum or Titanium (no I don't expect that beyblades are made of titanium, although that would be awesome) then anodization won't be a problem
Most likely steel.

On the other hand...
Is case hardening allowed? GrinGrin
I have access to the required equipment at school Smile
Make's it all black.
Beyblades are made of Zinc.
(Jul. 29, 2010  4:16 AM)The LVJ Wrote: Beyblades are made of Zinc.

I thought they were coated with zinc :o
I think it's a zinc alloy, not pure zinc.
I think it's made of...

unobtanium.

:>
Yeah i think its Zinc Alloy

it doesnt generally rust
Well Zinc can be anodized easily, so even if its merely coated with zinc the zinc on the surface can take the anodization without trouble although its rare to do so. Here is that aspect of the wiki on it.

Anodized zinc

Zinc is rarely anodized, but a process was developed by the International Lead Zinc Research Organization and covered by MIL-A-81801.[9] A solution of ammonium phosphate, chromate and fluoride with voltages of up to 200V can produce olive green coatings up to 80μm thick.[9] The coatings are hard and corrosion resistant.

I double checked and galaxy pegasus' metal wheel is in fact an anodized blue wheel. I recognize the texture from what I've seen of anodized metals.

I can't find prices for this though.