Ask a question, get an answer! #2

Thank you, earthwolf. That was a lot better than my explanation. It's just one of those things that need to be physically shown/seen to really understand IMO.
Wanting to get my first Burst era Beyblade
I'd like to get a Defense type since that's what intend to use in previous generations
Without going into customisation stuff
What are some of the decent Defense types currently available? Pictures would be appreciated
The best stock defense types ATM are probably either Wyvern Armed Massive or Odin Heavy Blow, though you'd ideally also want something with a Defense or Claw driver too. Blow has some fairly aggressive movement which might not be your thing if you're used to static defense but it helps in avoiding early hits which might trigger a burst.
(May. 30, 2016  11:29 AM)Dracomageat Wrote: The best stock defense types ATM are probably either Wyvern Armed Massive or Odin Heavy Blow, though you'd ideally also want something with a Defense or Claw driver too. Blow has some fairly aggressive movement which might not be your thing if you're used to static defense but it helps in avoiding early hits which might trigger a burst.

That actually raises a second question I was wondering in regards to burst blades in general.
Are Defense types automatically at a disadvantage since they don't run around all over the stadium and just constantly take hits (I don't really know how the burst gimmick works)

When I was looking at a list of beyblades the other day Wyvern did stand out to me. So I may look into that one further
But will also look into Odin

Thanks for the tip
Defense is still good, I would say, with Odin being such a great stamina/defense combo layer that it was banned in competitive play due to how dominant it became. No matchup is quite as guaranteed as it once was and active defense is more viable than ever before but even static defense is still definitely a thing.

Attack does benefit from the alternate win condition burst provides but regular KOs seem significantly less common in the series so far so I'd say the type balance hasn't shifted much.

Wyvern and the custom "Burst Driger" someone made provide an interesting insight worth noting though. Defense against bursting seems to be best achieved by having layers that opponents can slide over, horizontally or vertically, to avoid any sudden forceful impacts, even if the prolonged impacts these would cause have previously been worse for defense than a smooth surface.
excluding shipping, why do beyblade stadiums cost so much, even during there initial release?
(May. 30, 2016  2:36 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: excluding shipping, why do beyblade stadiums cost so much, even during there initial release?

Because you are not buying it at the proper places hah. I got mine for 1500 yen, exactly what they cost in Japan.
(May. 30, 2016  2:53 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(May. 30, 2016  2:36 PM)NEET no Kami Wrote: excluding shipping, why do beyblade stadiums cost so much, even during there initial release?

Because you are not buying it at the proper places hah. I got mine for 1500 yen, exactly what they cost in Japan.
i got my burst stadium for $35 including shipping
BB-10 stadiums are absolute killers to my wallet
i wish hasbro released BB-10 stadiums, so i could by it from shops like toys'r'us, without having having to pay so much for shipping.
There are many cheap lots with BeyStadiums Attack Type on Yahoo! Japan Auctions.
(May. 30, 2016  3:19 PM)Kai-V Wrote: There are many cheap lots with BeyStadiums Attack Type on Yahoo! Japan Auctions.
i've seen them
they go for 1000-3000yen
except shipping costs $40 to the UK.
i've bought a new one for $50 including shipping, that's about as cheap as i'm going to get a new one for.
But you get launching equipment and random Beyblades that make up the overall value too.
That's a good point, I'd love to invest in a BB-10 one of these days. I'm tired of using my engine gear stadium, it's murder on my beys as evidenced by the "Recent Breaks" thread.
It's always a curiousity, but how do MFB/Burst beys generally perform in old-school hasbro stadiums like Cyber Dragoon and Driger Den?

Also... Are Magnacore/Magnadome Takara stadiums pretty much unicorns now?
I would like to customize and design my own Beylogger insert. However, I need the specific dimensions. Are there any tips I might need to know before designing them? Also, is it all right if I can use the WBO's logo on the insert? Thanks! Smile
Alta knows how to do that. Here are some of his designs: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-4-30-16...pid1322842
You should pm him on how he makes them.
I think it's generally preferred that the ones we already made be used. Saves you some work!

If you're still set on making your own custom insert, though, you can find the BeyLogger insert's dimensions with a template here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Burst-B...pid1286578

EDIT: Alta's designs were beautiful, so there was no real issue with him using the WBO's logo in them. It's mainly about maintaining a certain level of quality that's associated with the logo. You'd probably be okay to use it considering your own experience with editing software, though. Tongue_out
(Jun. 03, 2016  6:47 AM)earthwolf1404 Wrote: Alta knows how to do that. Here are some of his designs: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-4-30-16...pid1322842
You should pm him on how he makes them.

Thanks!Grin And I probably will.

Thanks again.

(Jun. 03, 2016  6:52 AM)Angry Face Wrote: I think it's generally preferred that the ones we already made be used. Saves you some work!

If you're still set on making your own custom insert, though, you can find the BeyLogger insert's dimensions with a template here: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Burst-B...pid1286578

EDIT: Alta's designs were beautiful, so there was no real issue with him using the WBO's logo in them. It's mainly about maintaining a certain level of quality that's associated with the logo. You'd probably be okay to use it considering your own experience with editing software, though. Tongue_out

Of course his designs are beautiful; I really do admire his work and respect the amount of work he put into the inserts. Smile I was deciding to make a "profile" insert, such as using my own drawings of myself onto the inserts. I thought it was a cool idea!
Thank you for the template and dimensions; they'll help a ton. Smile Alta's work has inspired me to design a new background for my own insert as well so I appreciate his work.

And thank you, it's gonna be a cinch. Tongue_out
Are there any Face related contests ongoing? Please let me know, I would like to give them a try. c:
(Jun. 05, 2016  12:07 AM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Are there any Face related contests ongoing? Please let me know, I would like to give them a try. c:

None at the moment, unfortunately. We'll definitely have some to look forward to in the near future!
(Jun. 05, 2016  12:09 AM)Mitsu Wrote:
(Jun. 05, 2016  12:07 AM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Are there any Face related contests ongoing? Please let me know, I would like to give them a try. c:

None at the moment, unfortunately. We'll definitely have some to look forward to in the near future!

Ah, gotcha. Thank you though! And yay, can't wait! Cute
is it is legal to change screw in middle of F230?

one i got is heavily worn and very loose so i thought changing screw will help
(Jun. 06, 2016  9:22 AM)FIREFIRE Wrote: is it is legal to change screw in middle of F230?

one i got is heavily worn and very loose so i thought changing screw will help

Unfortunately no, because you could never get exactly the one they use in the factory for sure, tightened like they do, treated like they do, etc.
What is a good burst driver for stamina and what is the most unique driver you have seen?
For stamina, most people are using Revolve. The most unique so far is probably Variable
I'm making my Beylogger insert now. Is it okay if I can use the PNG file of the WBO logo? Please let me know, thank you.