Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(Sep. 16, 2016  12:55 PM)vikrambeyblade Wrote: Can anyone tell me the role of rotational momentum in beyblades?

Rotational momentum increases the heavier a Beyblade is and the further that weight is from the center. It makes the Beyblade more resistant to slowing down, which is great for Stamina types, both for solo spin time and resisting loss of speed when you hit an opponent. For Attack, it's very important as well, because it determines how effectively the hit transfers to the opponent; if you're heavy with good weight distribution, you will lose relatively little speed after a hit, and will do much greater damage on those hits as well.

Having less rotational momentum can sometimes be useful, too; more momentum means you're harder to slow down, but it also means you're harder to speed up. Spin Stealers can make use of "bad" weight distribution to allow them to steal more spin more easily, at the cost of worse solo spin time. Less rotational momentum also makes it easier to reach higher RPMs on launch, making it useful for Attack types going for a one-hit KO due to the increased starting power.

Bursting is based on rotational momentum as well; the Disk contributes most of the Beyblade's mass, but the Layer is what takes hits. When the Layer is hit, the Disk + Driver portion of the Beyblade "wants" to continue spinning at the old speed, while the Layer is slowed down by the hit. The difference between the force on the Layer and the momentum of the rest of the Beyblade is what causes the Layer to turn relative to the Driver, causing Bursting. This is another case where intentionally using lighter or poorly-distributed parts may be actually useful; using heavier Layers or lighter Disks and Drivers will make it easier for the bottom half of the Beyblade to match the speed of the top half, improving Burst resistance at the cost of Stamina and probably KO Defense.
Thank you a lot for your replys Kai-V. Smile I already checked the Beyblade Burst manga download list but the only ones I could find were the chapters 0 to 4 and on the Beyblade Wiki not all of the chapters are available and translated. I can check the topics for the weighs. I just wanted to ask here because that´s quicker than looking through all of these posts for every disk. In German "der stärkste" can mean both "the strongest one / the most powerful one" and "the best one". I´m sorry. I think I got a bit confused there. My fault. I meant the best Blader in every country.
Where can I watch the second episode of Beyblade Burst in English?
(Sep. 16, 2016  6:12 PM)TL14 Wrote: Where can I watch the second episode of Beyblade Burst in English?

DranzerX13 posted a download link in the Episode 2 thread
(Sep. 16, 2016  8:42 PM)Hato Wrote:
(Sep. 16, 2016  6:12 PM)TL14 Wrote: Where can I watch the second episode of Beyblade Burst in English?

DranzerX13 posted a download link in the Episode 2 thread

Thank you a lot. Hato. Smile
(May. 31, 2011  4:50 PM)Kai-V Wrote: RULES

Don't Post Anime Questions here. That Goes in the Anime & Manga forum.
Just pointing this out guys. This thread is generally for the physical tops only, no anime/manga related questions and I believe there is a thread to talk about questions for hosting and playing in tournaments in the WBO Organized Play Forum.

Also it's nice to thank people for helping you out, but more than half a page with just "thanks" and then people replying "np" seems a bit unnecessary guys.
(Sep. 16, 2016  11:16 PM)Thunder Dome Wrote: Also it's nice to thank people for helping you out, but more than half a page with just "thanks" and then people replying "np" seems a bit unnecessary guys.

Like button coming before 2017. Sorry for the wait.

(This isn't something that would normally take us months to implement, but we are launching it alongside many other things that work with it.)
Or, simply edit your last post and tag the person you want to thank.
How much is an opened and a bit used Hasbro Spin Dragoon worth?
Is Yielding better than Revolve?
(Sep. 18, 2016  3:25 PM)TL14 Wrote: Is Yielding better than Revolve?

You should really try to avoid double-posting. You can simply edit your previous topic, as you have already been told.

Some people like Yielding better, but honestly there is not enough evidence to state any facts right now.
(Sep. 18, 2016  4:48 PM)Starorion Wrote: Is gravity better than heavy I'm trying to see if ohd is better than ohr or ogr I heard gravity is heavier but is it better especially with the really op Odin
(Sep. 18, 2016  4:48 PM)Starorion Wrote: Is gravity better than heavy I'm trying to see if ohd is better than ohr or ogr I heard gravity is heavier but is it better especially with the really op Odin

Personally, I've found that Odin is actually much worse on Revolve than it is on Defense.
I just need to know witch is best ohd or Oho or ogo or ogd
I personally like OHD or OGH, although I haven't been up to date with the previous releases of Burst beys, Disks and such. (gotta buy dem all and research ftw)
Does anyone know the url of the old Off The Chain website? (i think that was what it was called) I don't care if it doesn't work as long as I can use it on internet archives.

Also the old Nelvana one that I heard of once too.
(Sep. 19, 2016  1:44 AM)cosmicstriker Wrote: Does anyone know the url of the old Off The Chain website? (i think that was what it was called) I don't care if it doesn't work as long as I can use it on internet archives.

I think it was both otc.uzipp.com and offthechain.net. For example, here's two pages:

https://web.archive.org/web/200503090003...om/phpBB2/
https://web.archive.org/web/200503150055...ndex.shtml
(Sep. 19, 2016  2:39 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2016  1:44 AM)cosmicstriker Wrote: Does anyone know the url of the old Off The Chain website? (i think that was what it was called) I don't care if it doesn't work as long as I can use it on internet archives.

I think it was both otc.uzipp.com and offthechain.net. For example, here's two pages:

What was Off The Chain?
(Sep. 19, 2016  2:40 AM){YT}EnderBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 19, 2016  2:39 AM)Kei Wrote:

What was Off The Chain?

Bey Brad/Tamer Brad's first(?) Beyblade message board. <3

There was also another link that I got previously from Kai-V too, Kei, but I can't find it because I think the PM got deleted from what seems to have been a PM sweep, haha..
(Sep. 19, 2016  2:40 AM){YT}EnderBlader Wrote: What was Off The Chain?

Unfortunately some of the image links are broken and the formatting of the text is messed up in some areas for some reason, but this thread gives a good overview: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Surpris...e-Brad-Day
It was, at one point, otc.kawaii-neko.net. lol
Which Chrome Wheel is best for sway attack?

I'm trying to make a Sway Attacker. Dragoon SA165GF. It did incredibly well at yesterday's event (at least in free play lol) for me.
OK I HAVE ONE QUESTION,Is Lynx any good on Vulcan?