Ask a question, get an answer! #2

(May. 23, 2016  7:53 PM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(May. 23, 2016  7:01 PM)Dracomageat Wrote:
(May. 22, 2016  5:01 PM)Kai-V Wrote: Eh not really, especially if it does not allow the plastic to absorb shocks as much as an 'empty' BeyStadium Attack Type would.
Interesting. This is a very different ruling to that which I was given a year or so ago, has the rulebook changed in that time?
Can you cite where you were told that? The Universal Rulebook clearly specifies the methods by which stadium repair is allowed, and what condition is acceptable.

I can tell you it was in this thread, stated by someone among the forum staff and that the basis for their judgement was that it would not change the surface of the play area in any way. My initial question was regarding painting and gaffa tape lining the stadium's underside but I was told that I could fill it with cement as far as they were concerned.
I did query this at the time, since a change in rigidity would definitely alter things like rebound KOs which are not exactly insignificant in MFB. They were steadfast on their answer.

I cannot give an exact citation as I do not save quotes from over a year ago.
All I could find was this: https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Ask-a-q...#pid869560

In that case, nobody from the staff answered you back then, and there was certainly no mention of cement or filling the underside of the stadium at all.
Huh, I remember significantly more discussion on the topic and atleast two people answering, though I guess Th!nk would be high profile enough for me to mistake for an authority back then. Still, the only thing I regret is not following through with the plan, the attack stadium is fragile.
Either way, the situation is extremely different from what you described ...
Are there any differences between an MFB beystadium standard type and MFB stamina type, aside from the cosmetic things?
(May. 24, 2016  11:30 PM)SuperKirby64 Wrote: Are there any differences between an MFB beystadium standard type and MFB stamina type, aside from the cosmetic things?

IIRC, it is a more shallow stadium with a larger, flater tip in the centre.
hi there
does anyone know if bali sell beyblade burst
cheers gajeel
Well, I don't live there, but you can probably check some toy stores in your area for imports, but your best bet would be to order online for Burst.
Beyblade Burst is so far only sold in Japan, Hong Kong and South Korea, if I remember correctly.
Alright I have two questions:

-What is the difference between upper mode and lower mode on E230? Does it work differently?
-Why use MF-L or MF-M over a regular metal face?
(May. 27, 2016  12:58 AM)Prophet2 Wrote: Alright I have two questions:

-What is the difference between upper mode and lower mode? Does it work differently?
-Why use MF-L or MF-M over a regular metal face?

For your first question, assuming you're asking about E230, the difference is that the elevating disk's circumference sits at different heights, which results in differing interactions with opposing tops of various heights. The upper mode is generally preferred, as it tends to make more contact with other Beyblades, as well as offers the Bey it's on to wobble a little more before completely falling over.

Few people who actually use MF-L or MF-M over regular MF or MF-H have any good reasons for doing so apart from either their preference to their appearance or the advantages they perceive are the result from their distinctive choice, however mostly insignificant or difficult they often are to measure. If you want to use a Metal Face, in general, I'd recommend you either go full metal or not at all.
MF-L supposedly has substantially less of a negative impact on Stamina than a full Metal Face, while still providing a weight increase. I don't think I've heard anything good about MF-M, aside from a few attempts to use it in compact-style MFB with inwards weight distribution (which didn't pan out).

I've always used full Metal Faces / MF-H or a regular plastic Face; it might be worthwhile to try the MF-L out if getting every last gram of mass isn't incredibly important, but the difference will probably be minor.
Thank you for your answers. And yes, I did mean to say E230, and I changed it in my original post.
IIRC, I heard MF-L was good for Limited stallers.
This is really odd... I received my final shipment today (start dash set), but when I use the beylauncher, it malfunctions and stays on with a click in the bey, but the beys are new... Am I supposed to use it like an MFB beylauncher or am I launching it too hard?
I have a question about the Hasbro Metal Fusion string launcher, V1 to be specific. When I pull it back, it feels like my bey launches about half a second late. I'll try to bank my shot but it will end up more like a weak shot because it launches just after the peak of spin power. I'm also afraid that if I pull it too hard I'll break it. Even with the best launch I've ever had, I still can't beat the power I have with the light launcher. My question is: Am I doing it wrong? Is my string launcher broken?
That's not a Hasbro specific problem, all string launchers release the moment the string starts retracting, not the end of the pull like with classic, ripcord based light launchers.
The best way to deal with this is to grip in such a way that the string slips out of your fingers the moment it reaches full extension but that risks the plastic part hitting your other hand on the return. String launchers take a lot of getting used to.
(May. 29, 2016  2:02 PM)Dracomageat Wrote: That's not a Hasbro specific problem, all string launchers release the moment the string starts retracting, not the end of the pull like with classic, ripcord based light launchers.
The best way to deal with this is to grip in such a way that the string slips out of your fingers the moment it reaches full extension but that risks the plastic part hitting your other hand on the return. String launchers take a lot of getting used to.

Wow, thanks! I tried it that way and it feels way better. The only stadium I can test it out in right now is the Engine Gear one, so I probably won't practice until my used Pegasus Thunder Whip stadium arrives.
Takara,Hasbro and Sonokong is different beyblades and different prices.
Which is better? Why?
(May. 29, 2016  7:47 PM)katil0770 Wrote: Takara,Hasbro and Sonokong is different beyblades and different prices.
Which is better? Why?

Takara and Hasbro are almost the same, but Sonokong has had mold differences for pre G-Rev Beys, where they were not compatible with other Takara or Hasbro beys since they were smaller. Along with that, they have a lower quality.
How does a beyblade accelerate forward if the launcher just makes it spin (the tip pushes the stadium in every direction because it is rotating)? Sorry if this is a bad question, it's just that it doesn't make sense for the bey to move forward if it just spins.
Because the ones that move have flat tips, or are at least not completely pointy. Think about if you tried to spin a pringles can on its bottom. It would move laterally instead of spinning in one spot. Same idea with beyblade tips, but on a much smaller scale
Yeah, but why would it go forward? I think the forward motion is from the arm motion from the initial launch combined with the force from pushing against the slope of the stadium. I tested it by launching straight on a flat surface. It moved forward just as fast as I launched it and slowed down, not accelerated forward.
My guess would be that since it is a flat tip, it wobbles and spins at a slight angle, and grips the floor that way. Try hand-spinning your Bey with a flat tip at an angle on a flat surface, and see what happens. It is the same thing when it is launched, except that it happens faster, and the Bey appears to be more upright. Sorry if it is a bad explanation, but it is the best I could come up with. It is better to demonstrate it in person.

EDIT: I probably just made myself sound like an idiot...
To expand on what Prophet2 was saying, any beyblade with a non-sharp tip will move because the stadium floor is sloped, so in a way, the edge of the tip acts like a wheel. Have you ever seen a motorcyclist in a big ball cage? They are able to ride sideways on the cage's equator because they are going a specific speed. If they go too fast, they lose control, if they go too slow, they fall down. The same goes for beyblades, and this is why GF can't stay in the stadium and if you used one of those 21,000 rpm launchers, most other beys do the same. And this also explains why when a bey slows down, they go to the center.

That's the least physics way to explain it. Sorry for the long post.