Any good books?

Gah I could never read a book on a specific topic haha. They're just too dry to me, I have to be reading something in the Action genre (unless it has vampires heh)...... oh and Cirque du Freak is a really good series too. Very creepy, especially if you have a vivid imagination like mine because it describes some PRETTY graphic stuff.
Most of the books I read are action oriented, perhaps not the Churchill, but still.
Also: Dahak Series, the best science fiction novel I have ever read.
(Oct. 05, 2010  1:18 AM)alexscott12 Wrote: the boy in the striped pajamas is about the kid of a military commander who found a jew that looked just liked him, they switched places. unless you have read it I don't want to reveal what happened at the end

They gas them in a "shower room"
The Shannara (not sure if I spelled it right) series by Terry Brooks. It goes The Sword of Shannara, The Elfstones of Shannara, and The Wishsong of Shannara. Those are just the first three books, but they're really good.
EDIT: Also try "the Hunger Games" series.
You should read The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. Very sad and powerful. But don't watch the movie. The book is waaaaaay better. Also, if you like comic books, read Y: The Last Man and Jonah Hex. They're awesome. But don't watch the Jonah Hex movie. It's horrible!!
can anyone suggest me any novel..im looking for horror novel but full with adventure...i cant find it anywhere...
or any novel that almost as good as harry pooter...
(Jan. 08, 2011  3:24 PM)benjohadi Wrote: or any novel that almost as good as harry pooter...
Any novel as good as Harry Potter, huh? Hmm, how about: the Maximum Ride series, the Hunger Games series, A Dog's Purpose, the Shannara series, the Warriors series, some manga, Animorphs, or the 39 Clues series. Enjoy! Wink
(Jan. 08, 2011  3:30 PM)Odin of Aesir Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2011  3:24 PM)benjohadi Wrote: or any novel that almost as good as harry pooter...
Any novel as good as Harry Potter, huh? Hmm, how about: the Maximum Ride series, the Hunger Games series, A Dog's Purpose, the Shannara series, the Warriors series, some manga, Animorphs, or the 39 Clues series. Enjoy! Wink

thanks man..i will try to look for the books..any more suggestion?
one more thing,what do you guys opinion on the pendragon series (about bobby pendragon and traveler thing)is it nice?
I like a lot of books:
Naruto the manga- Lots of blood and gore
The Guardians of Time trilogy- They all have paranormal powers and the beginning freaked the carp out of me.
Eragon trilogy- Lots of fighting and dragons
And I'm currunly reading:
Warriors
Hush Hush and Cresendo (not for young kids!)
The Pendragon series by DJ Machale. Good series my fav. Besides LOTR.
Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows. That book is totally awesome. You can never put it down.
I've been reading a few books and they are all really good Ive been reading Morpheus Road Book 1 The Light, Percy Jackson and the Olympians The Lighning Theif, and Gulliver's Travels. My favorite of the 3 is a tie between Morpheus Road and Percy Jackson. Im thinking about reading Morpheus Road again and Percy Jackson, man, once you start, you cant stop.
The Walking Dead by Robert Kirkman

This is a must read graphic novel for all zombie fans. If you read it you'll find that the zombies aren't the story, the tale of human survival is. It shows what lengths a man will go through to find and protect his family. You have to pick this up and read it!
After being gone for forever. I realized I never put my own favorite books. Grin
They are:
Any Dan Brown books (He made the da Vinci code book)
I loved Pendragon series, but found the ending forced.
Craving last book for the "Inheritance Cycle" aka Eragon, Eldest,Brisingr

My fav. of all time, but cant read anymore cuz im too old Unhappy :
Magic Tree House Series
I like all books of Arthur Conan Doyle and most of Agatha Christie too..other than that Stephen Hawking's books are also very good for science students
i like all the books wrote by j.k rowling which is harry potter...i also loves reading books that have a connection to greek myths such as thor, descendants of artemis and many more...Eee
I loved this book. It is called[/color]called Master Crook's Crime Academy.[Burglary For Beginners. The book talks about a boy always stealing stuff cause he was poor. But one time he was caught stealing by a passerby and that guy is the owner of a school called Master Crook's Crime Academy. The boy agreed to enter that school and the school's motto was to steal from the rich and give to the poor. I like this book and the author too. The author's name is Terry Deary. He is also the writer of Horrible Histories.
I think maybe this thread should be up and running once again so my favourite book is The Knife of Never Letting Go.
My favorite is the "Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel" series. I also enjoy the Inheritance Cycle, and most fantasy books I read.
I like the Hunger games trilogy. I liked the Dragon Ball Z manga
(Sep. 14, 2011  9:52 PM)Aura Wrote: I think maybe this thread should be up and running once again so my favourite book is The Knife of Never Letting Go.

I now consider you a friend, hah.
SPOILER ALERT?
"The Way of Kings" by Brandon Sanderson. This was by far the longest (and best) book I've ever read at 1200 pages. It's the first book of "The Stormlight Archive" series. The second book should be coming out in 2013ish according to the author. I have never been so immersed in a story before. Highly recommended!

Also, anything by James Rollins. I've been a faithful follower ever since he started writing. Even met him once =)
mortal engines
the story giant city on wheels THAT EAT EACH OTHER it awsome