World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc.
Any good books? - Printable Version

+- World Beyblade Organization by Fighting Spirits Inc. (https://worldbeyblade.org)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic Forums (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Off-Topic-Forums)
+--- Forum: Media (https://worldbeyblade.org/Forum-Media)
+--- Thread: Any good books? (/Thread-Any-good-books)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Any good books? - Moneymaker23 - Sep. 28, 2010

yes, i realize that todays generation doesnt read that much. that doesnt mean youve never read a good book. So what are some the the good books youve read?

RE: Any good books? - Black Night - Sep. 28, 2010

Wave Runners.

RE: Any good books? - ShadowPegasis - Sep. 28, 2010

It' will prabably be better to elaborate on why the book is good instead of just saying the title. Unless you want this to turn into a SPAM-filled thread and get it closed.

RE: Any good books? - MacroHunter - Oct. 05, 2010

Monster is one because it is about a trial of a teenage boy accused of mureder. It shows an intresting point of view. It is told in a script format and has journal entries.
A good series I have read was the Star Wars: Republic Commando. It has violence, suspense, and an interesting point of view of the Clone Warrs
Another good book was After the First Death by Robert Cormier. It too is a very interesting book to read. It is full of suspense and makes you want to read more. I read it in 4 hours in the middle of the night!
The last good book I can recomend for now is To Kill A Mocking Bird. It was a great book that you should read and it is a book most people do read.
These are just some of the books but there are many more i can recommend such as the Giver series.

RE: Any good books? - Terra Blazer - Oct. 05, 2010

the boy in the striped pajamas is about the kid of a military commander who found a jew that looked just liked him, they switched places. unless you have read it I don't want to reveal what happened at the end

RE: Any good books? - MorningMess - Oct. 05, 2010

Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Impulse, Crank, Glass, Burned by Ellen Hopkins
Battle Royale by Koushun Takami

Ellen Hopkins is my favorite author. I love how her books are in poem form and has secret messages sometimes with the way she sets it up.

RE: Any good books? - mchlbant - Oct. 05, 2010

Hunger Games Trilogy! I just liked it, maybe it was the action, but it related to the things I liked.

RE: Any good books? - lightninglibraX - Oct. 05, 2010

HUNGER GAMES!!! by suzzane collins. Those books rocked! but the ending kinda tore me apart. i liked it because of the action and how the whole book shows that we may all become savage beasts addicted to death!

RE: Any good books? - Amaterasu - Oct. 05, 2010

David Copperfield by: Charles Dickenscome i love this book because of how sad it is
ps im only 10 and that book troubles high schoolers

RE: Any good books? - ShadowsA7X - Oct. 05, 2010

i recommend MANGA!!! very thrilling as a book/comic same thing a manga i would recommend is Deathnote

RE: Any good books? - Amaterasu - Oct. 05, 2010

(Oct. 05, 2010  9:35 PM)Dragoon105RF Wrote: i recommend MANGA!!! very thrilling as a book/comic same thing a manga i would recommend is Deathnote

MANGA= AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and deathyh note is good but it was so short

RE: Any good books? - Pyro - Oct. 05, 2010

Manga and Marley & Me Smile

RE: Any good books? - MacroHunter - Oct. 05, 2010

I will tell you this there is a poem and a short story you should read only if you want your life changed and can comprehend these books and go into the depth and see what they are telling you.
The poem is The Mask by Vonneguet.. I wear the mask that grins and lies...
The 4 page short stoy also by him is called Harrison Beregron
Kurt Vonengut i belive

RE: Any good books? - Crimson Aquario - Oct. 06, 2010

I love the warrior cat series. First, it has cats, which are my favorite animals. Second, It has lots of violence and is the goriest book I have ever read. It has battles, but they aren't cheesy no violence battles, they have action and blood. It also has a GREAT story. Recommened for all readers.Wink

RE: Any good books? - Glad Hatter - Oct. 06, 2010

me too a little but the pendragon series are epicness in the making.

RE: Any good books? - ShadowsA7X - Oct. 06, 2010

(Oct. 05, 2010  9:37 PM)Ra Wrote:
(Oct. 05, 2010  9:35 PM)Dragoon105RF Wrote: i recommend MANGA!!! very thrilling as a book/comic same thing a manga i would recommend is Deathnote

MANGA= AWESOMENESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and deathyh note is good but it was so short
yes deathnote was short but had a good storyline so maybe the manga's that are still being published until now? such as naruto or bleach.....(many more Smile)

RE: Any good books? - Amaterasu - Oct. 06, 2010

(Oct. 06, 2010  3:47 AM)Crimson Aquario Wrote: I love the warrior cat series. First, it has cats, which are my favorite animals. Second, It has lots of violence and is the goriest book I have ever read. It has battles, but they aren't cheesy no violence battles, they have action and blood. It also has a GREAT story. Recommened for all readers.Wink
I read that whole series even the extra books But it's not that gory

RE: Any good books? - Proto Man - Oct. 06, 2010

ANIMORPHS
well it depends how old you are but its a good series

RE: Any good books? - Glad Hatter - Oct. 07, 2010

(Oct. 06, 2010  4:29 AM)Jacksonian Wrote: me too a little but the pendragon series are epicness in the making. (this is above)

also i've been on waiting list for the 10th book in the series (above) all year and am finally going to get it on the tenth.

RE: Any good books? - beyblader-crash - Oct. 07, 2010

I suggest the Scott Pilgrim series by Bryan Lee O`malley. Its basiclly a modern twist on a love story. Great artwork,beautiful character designs,comedy,action,and nice little video game references.
I love the books.(theres a movie too but the books are better. The movie is amazing though.)

I also suggest prey. Its by the same guy who wrote jurassic park,but i forgot his name.
The books about what could go wrong with nano technology,and what could happen if technology evolved.
It`s very good! A lot of suspense,plot twists,and action.

RE: Any good books? - justindakoolkid - Oct. 07, 2010

i am reading an amazing book called moonshadow rise of the ninja

RE: Any good books? - NoitaTheCat - Jan. 01, 2011

Well, i'm a fantasy freak, so my favourite book is Warrior Cats(yay!)
i exspecially like the 4th series, omen of the Stars. It's really great .

RE: Any good books? - Chaos Blader - Jan. 01, 2011

CHERUB series.

RE: Any good books? - |Joe| - Jan. 01, 2011

The Outsiders is my all time favorite book. The Harry Potter series is very good, along with the Twilight saga (just ignore all the Team Edward/Jacob carp and they're actually really good books). Maximum Ride is a very good series, along with the Inheritance series.

RE: Any good books? - Dan - Jan. 01, 2011

Oh lord, I am listing actual novels:
1. The Firm by John Grisham.
2. Fall of Giants by Kevin Follett
3. Second World War by Winston Churchill.

The first one was just a great story to me, as I enjoy law. The second is one I recommend to anyone who wants to learn good, clean (not so clean.) history. (European, as you might guess.) I seriously enjoy every page of it, but some dislike history, so meh.
The by Churchill I am yet to read, but looking forward to it! Both history books are a good 1000 or so, not so light reading. (Weight wise and prose wise too.)

Edit: Oh, heres a kiddy one: Maximum Ride gave me some real enjoyment, but I stopped after the 5th installment for no good reason.. Maybe I'll pick up after.