Any good books?

Finished reading it, I recommend this book.

Better than the LOST HERO!

Can't wait for the MARK OF ATHENA
(Oct. 08, 2011  6:35 PM)BeyCenter Wrote: I obtained "The Son of Neptune" by Rick Riordan on the day of release and I must say, it is a wonderful book. Percy is one of the main characters but now, he has lost his memory and he is at the roman camp, Camp Jupiter. His new friends in the book are very interesting with a mysterious secret which I won't reveal. "Hades Jr." (If you know who I mean) is also back and better than ever. The quest this time is..... Well, you'll find out if you read it.

It's like Percy's not even the protagonist. He has no memory, and his personality is a bit off, at least from the small excerpt I read. I'm still going to read in nonetheless, but I'm expecting some dissapointment.
I personally enjoy the Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale. In the first book out of ten (The Merchant of Death), the main character, Bobby Pendragon, finds out he is chosen to be a 'Traveler', one of ten people from different territories (worlds) united to stop Saint Dane (antagonist of the series).

The first couple of books weren't that interesting to me, but trust me, it gets better after book 5 or so. Smile I'm currently on the last book; can't wait to see how the series ends.
(Oct. 16, 2011  1:05 AM)Kaiba Hiwatari Wrote: I personally enjoy the Pendragon series by D.J. MacHale. In the first book out of ten (The Merchant of Death), the main character, Bobby Pendragon, finds out he is chosen to be a 'Traveler', one of ten people from different territories (worlds) united to stop Saint Dane (antagonist of the series).

The first couple of books weren't that interesting to me, but trust me, it gets better after book 5 or so. Smile I'm currently on the last book; can't wait to see how the series ends.

I am currently on Book 7. This is a MUST READ series, and to be honest, I purely recommend this over "The Kane Chronicles" series and "The Heroes Of Olympus" series because the plot of the story line increases with the surprising twist of what happens to antagonists and protagonists especially in this book. As Kaiba said before, the first couple of books weren't that interesting, but the plot increases over time and the "excitement" grows constantly.

It was pretty disappointing of the "Son of Neptune", even though I do not own the book personally, I have read about the first 40 pages or so from a friend, and I wasn't impressed. This is a book that a lot of you might expect of what will happen next, only if you read the whole "Percy Jackson & The Olympians" series, because Book 1 already reveals that Jason Grace and Percy Jackson were "exchanged" from the 2 different camps, the Roman and Greek. You already know the legacy of Percy Jackson and his story, and there is almost nothing about Percy, the main character in the story that you wouldn't expect, which was pretty dissapointing, but the rest of the book is perfect, such as the characters, the "twist" of Roman mythology and story line connected with the plot and how the protagonists make the story better.
Well I prefer to read the 39 Clues series for detective type.
As for Science-fiction mixed with Greek and Roman Myth, I suggest the Percy Jacksons and the Olympian Series
and The Heroes of Olympus Series.
With Egypt myth, The Kane Chornicle series is great as well
Essentially, "REED ANYTING WRITTEEEN BAI RIK RIORDEN!" That's exactly what comes to mind. Regardless, they are by far NOT the best books around. They're good, but the Kane Chronicles was choppy. Percy Jackson is also very good, and I liked it, but Ender's Game was fifty times better. No exaggeration.
(Oct. 16, 2011  4:09 AM)Temporal Wrote: Essentially, "REED ANYTING WRITTEEEN BAI RIK RIORDEN!" That's exactly what comes to mind. Regardless, they are by far NOT the best books around. They're good, but the Kane Chronicles was choppy. Percy Jackson is also very good, and I liked it, but Ender's Game was fifty times better. No exaggeration.

They're not the best books around. I like them because they focus on a subject that has always interested me, Greek mythology, and presents it in a humorous and light-hearted way.

As for good books, I would say The Giver. Yeah, it's a state-standard to read in school here where I live, but it's still good. It's about a dystopian society, and it's pretty good.
I like them too, but don't you think they're kinda over-rated? I mean, they get WAY more hype than the Maximum Ride series, which is WAY better.
Yeah, they are, but hey, they're supposed to appeal to 12 year olds. 12 year olds hype up everything. *cough*call of duty*cough*
I have never seen a game more hyped than COD: MW3. Except for MAYBE NBA 2K12. (Though we may not even HAVE a 2011-2012 season. In fact, I call it now. We won't have one.) I guess you're right, but it ticks me off that all the good books never get the publicity they deserve.
the animorphs series by K.A. Apple gate is deffently worth reading
It's pretty cool. Though the last 10 books weren't very good. I personally think that series lasted WAY too long. (Fifty plus books? Nope, too long to sustain interest for the same five characters. Plus, too much emphasis on Tobias in later books. Even in Jake books, Rachel books, and Marco ones. Cassie and Ax books are the only ones that don't have that issue.)
(Nov. 06, 2011  6:05 AM)Temporal Wrote: It's pretty cool. Though the last 10 books weren't very good. I personally think that series lasted WAY too long. (Fifty plus books? Nope, too long to sustain interest for the same five characters. Plus, too much emphasis on Tobias in later books. Even in Jake books, Rachel books, and Marco ones. Cassie and Ax books are the only ones that don't have that issue.)
the last few books were writen by ghost writers that had some intereting ideas but I agree with what you said exept for the 2 early Tobis books were some of my fav books in the series XD
I mean at the end of the series. My issue is that the endgame of the series focuses a lot on Tobias, yet they are all supposedly protagonists. (Though Marco's mom being a Visser was a cool twist.)
(Nov. 06, 2011  6:22 AM)Temporal Wrote: I mean at the end of the series. My issue is that the endgame of the series focuses a lot on Tobias, yet they are all supposedly protagonists. (Though Marco's mom being a Visser was a cool twist.)
true and one thing I didn't get was why dose Tobias get focused on alot after he was able to morph I mean it makes sence that he get more seen in the series because of it but I never got that
The Warrior series by Erin Hunter & The Last Dragon series by Chris D'Lacey & the Young Samurai series by Chris Bradford. Grin
Sheesh, Rick Riordan's "Son of Hades" Nico is h-o-t! Anyway, no one has said anything about the delectable Secret Series by Pseudonymous Bosch! (If you read it, you'll see why I call it delectable!) I love that series sooooo much! There's also Fablehaven by Brandon Mull! Yayness to magical creature havens and evil demons and sneaky centaurs and vain fairies and, well, you get the point...
Got some more:

I am legend (it's quite different to the movie)
It by Stephen King (Is incredibly long and has an enormous amount of backstory for characters)
City of Ember series (amazing series, movie? Not so much)
I find: Assassin's creed by Oliver Bowden an enjoyable read, i came across it while looking for the latest yu-gi-oh and bleach manga, but instead stumbled upon all 4 assassins creed books: Assassin's creed: the secret crusade, Assassins creed: Renaissance, Assassin's creed: Brotherhood and Assassins creed: Revelations.
They are similar to the games but in present tense (except the first) so Desmond Miles is absent
, also the author seems to have purposely missed bits out and added bits in which makes it more unique from the actual game. The first one is a man telling the tale of Altair to his nephew instead of Desmond Miles taking the role of Altair.
I would say this is a book for both people who play Assassins creed and don't, i hope the 5th book about Connor comes out soon.
I suggest House of the Scorpion. It's a book I read last year, and it's pretty good. It's about a drug lord, a clone, Mexico, and the weird inter-personal relationships that take place. Overall, it's enjoyable, though creepy.
Keys to the kingdom or if you haven't read it LOTR
Pendragon, if you are looking for a series to last you awhile
I've read : " The Phantom Tollbooth".I can't remeber who wrote it though.It is a very awesome book.And I'd recommend it to anyone who loves grammatical irony.
I'm reading a book right now called "Unwind" by Neal Shusterman. It's about a future where they don't practice abortion, but instead do an "unwinding" if their parents choose to. An "unwinding" is where they "harvest" teenagers' bodies so they can be donated to other people...
It's VERY disturbing...
I'm not going to check if someone else has said this, but The Tender Bar by J.R Moehringer is a great book on the hardships of growing into a man without a father figure. I had to read it in school last year and was not eager to start it, but after the first handful of chapters I was addicted to it. My opinion may be bias however because I could relate to most of it. Go ahead and give it a look though!