[Anime Festival Orlando, FL] Florida's Revival 7/30/16

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: 2nu80tl.jpg]
Attention all Florida bladers... the wait is finally over!
On July 30th, Florida will have its first WBO tournament in years at Anime Festival Orlando!

Host: The Supreme One
Date: July 30th 5:00pm-10:00pm
Format: Standard and Burst Format
Wyndham Orlando Resort
8001 International Drive Orlando, FL 32819

Fees: Because this is a convention event, there will be no $5 participation fee (!!!). However, a blader passport may be purchased for only $15, waiving future tournament fees for one year. Cash only please! Weekend-long convention passes can be purchase online for $55. Passes for Saturday-only are $45 and can be purchased the day of.
Prizes:
Fang Leone Burning Claw Ver.
Odin Central Blow
Berserker Begirados.

Top three players get their choice of one with priority given according to placing.
A Takara Tomy Omega Dragonis will be awarded to the tournament's MVP!

Facebook Event Link (please confirm here if you plan on attending)

Additional Information: While it would be appreciated if each player brought his or her own parts, feel free to let me know in advance if you won't have any on hand and I will supply additional Beyblades and launchers where needed. Any bladers caught using parts that have not been manufactured by Hasbro, Sonokong, or Takara Tomy or fail to otherwise follow official WBO ruling will be warned and given a replacement Beyblade at the host's discretion if they fail to procure a suitable alternative.

Visit Anime Festival Orlando's official website for more information!

Confirmed players:
TSO
didannl
Zachbob + 1
Switchblayder
Brisk AquarioHD
Beybladewisher
Xenoblader16

Possibles:
StormPyxis
Dragonstrike20
TanithElite
Stormshadow
Potato Master
Raiyanblader

While we're still working to get a minimum of 7-8 confirmed players, we've been given the 'ok' to post the event thread in advance as a special exception due to the fact that the tournament has been approved by the AFO staff and we will be playing regardless of whether or not we can make it official. That being said, we still need a few more players to commit as soon as possible! Please post in this thread if you think you might be able to make it, and if you would be interested in attending a small side event and dinner Friday night Smile

Live in or around Jacksonville? Let me know and I may be able to give you a ride!

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Hey TSO! This sounds awesome, looking forward to hearing how it goes. To be clear, we don't require a participation fee for this event since it's at a convention that already charges a rather large admission fee.
(Jun. 01, 2016  12:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Hey TSO! This sounds awesome, looking forward to hearing how it goes. To be clear, we don't require a participation fee for this event since it's at a convention that already charges a rather large admission fee.
Even better! Grin Just updated the OP~
I'm definitely going! Can't miss this! ^-^ I feel like crying xD

Also, one question! May I bring my Burst beys as well? Thanks!

Another thing: I have another friend of mine who might be interested in attending! Should he be posting on this thread in order to officially confirm?
(Jun. 02, 2016  7:13 AM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: I'm definitely going! Can't miss this! ^-^ I feel like crying xD

Another thing: I have another friend of mine who might be interested in attending! Should he be posting on this thread in order to officially confirm?
Awesome—can't said to see you there! You can totally bring Burst beys! I'll have a few & some other players might as well. If there's an interest, we could always do a small Burst tournament the night before. The only reason the main event won't be Burst is to attract con-goers who aren't up-to-date on the new series Smile

To answer your question, it would be great if he could post in this thread or at least make an account before the event, but it's totally fine if he doesn't too.
(Jun. 02, 2016  2:18 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2016  7:13 AM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: I'm definitely going! Can't miss this! ^-^ I feel like crying xD

Awesome—can't said to see you there! You can totally bring Burst beys! I'll have a few & some other players might as well. If there's an interest, we could always do a small Burst tournament the night before. The only reason the main event won't be Burst is to attract con-goers who aren't up-to-date on the new series Smile

To answer your question, it would be great if he could post in this thread or at least make an account before the event, but it's totally fine if he doesn't too.

Same here! :'D And awesome!
As for the Burst tournament, that's totally up to you and the other players. However, I'm not sure if I can attend it the night before. And I gotcha, don't worry! Grin

And alright! I'll check up with him and see what we can do. Thanks so much for your help! Smile
(Jun. 02, 2016  9:52 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Same here! :'D And awesome!
As for the Burst tournament, that's totally up to you and the other players. However, I'm not sure if I can attend it the night before. And I gotcha, don't worry! Grin

And alright! I'll check up with him and see what we can do. Thanks so much for your help! Smile
I think it's really going to depend on how many people we get & whether or not most players are spending the night. If they are, I would like to try to do something extra to make the trip more worthwhile.

I'm also open to doing another format (in fact I actually prefer Zero-G, just figured Standard would be more familiar to non-WBO members), so if you (and any other confirmed players) could let me know which one you prefer, that would be great! Thanks again for confirming~
(Jun. 02, 2016  10:59 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2016  9:52 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Same here! :'D And awesome!

I think it's really going to depend on how many people we get & whether or not most players are spending the night. If they are, I would like to try to do something extra to make the trip more worthwhile.

I'm also open to doing another format (in fact I actually prefer Zero-G, just figured Standard would be more familiar to non-WBO members), so if you (and any other confirmed players) could let me know which one you prefer, that would be great! Thanks again for confirming~

Ah, I see. Hm, that doesn't seem to be a bad idea after all. Grin We could decide on it as soon as we get the number of players sorted out.

Either format is alright, Standard would actually be great (hence the reason you stated) and Zero-G & Burst wouldn't be bad at all. Those two can be optional. But I'll let you know! c: And no problem!
(Jun. 02, 2016  10:59 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: I'm also open to doing another format (in fact I actually prefer Zero-G, just figured Standard would be more familiar to non-WBO members), so if you (and any other confirmed players) could let me know which one you prefer, that would be great! Thanks again for confirming~

I would highly encourage you to do Burst if you can! It's better to promote the new upcoming series than an older one which isn't supported anymore; it's more promising to talk to someone about something cool happening in the future that they can become involved in than something that's cool, but isn't being supported anymore.

Having one MFB tournament for the sake of familiarity and then a Burst one would be a good balance, I think. And chances are, if you're trying to attract con-goers to play, they won't have their own Beyblades with them anyways, so they would have to borrow from someone whether it is MFB or Burst.
Yeah, like Kei said, definitely! Grin

As for this tournament, may I promote it on my soon-to-be video? Thanks!
(Jun. 06, 2016  7:20 PM)Kei Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2016  10:59 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: I'm also open to doing another format (in fact I actually prefer Zero-G, just figured Standard would be more familiar to non-WBO members), so if you (and any other confirmed players) could let me know which one you prefer, that would be great! Thanks again for confirming~

I would highly encourage you to do Burst if you can! It's better to promote the new upcoming series than an older one which isn't supported anymore; it's more promising to talk to someone about something cool happening in the future that they can become involved in than something that's cool, but isn't being supported anymore.

Having one MFB tournament for the sake of familiarity and then a Burst one would be a good balance, I think. And chances are, if you're trying to attract con-goers to play, they won't have their own Beyblades with them anyways, so they would have to borrow from someone whether it is MFB or Burst.

I was thinking about this yesterday actually, & I really would love to do Burst if possible. I only requested a 3 hour timeslot, but I'm thinking it would be good to start off with Standard & hopefully pull in a few con-goers that have MFB, then introduce them to Burst & at least have some time for freeplay, if not a second official tournament.

(Jun. 06, 2016  8:35 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Yeah, like Kei said, definitely! Grin

That would be awesome! By all means, please do Grin I may make a video myself. I've already promoted the event on Twitter, Tumblr, and Reddit too, so we'll see if that does us any good haha
(Jun. 06, 2016  8:50 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Jun. 06, 2016  7:20 PM)Kei Wrote:

I was thinking about this yesterday actually, & I really would love to do Burst if possible. I only requested a 3 hour timeslot, but I'm thinking it would be good to start off with Standard & hopefully pull in a few con-goers that have MFB, then introduce them to Burst & at least have some time for freeplay, if not a second official tournament.

(Jun. 06, 2016  8:35 PM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Yeah, like Kei said, definitely! Grin

That would be awesome! By all means, please do Grin I may make a video myself. I've already promoted the event on Twitter, Tumblr, and Reddit too, so we'll see if that does us any good haha

As for the 3-hour timeslot, what are the times? (Didn't you mention from 10am to 5pm?) A MFB tournament hopefully won't take up as much time, maybe a hour or so (depending on the amount of players). I definitely agree with you on the idea of introducing Burst to con-goers and having a second tournament for Burst. It all might fit in 3 hours.

And I'll definitely promote it! :'D And yes, please make a video if you want! It'll spread to more audiences since it's YouTube. And with those social media websites, yeah, of course! At least it's something. Grin
Stupid OMG OMG I'm Going There in That Florida Revival,This my First Time going in Beyblade tormerent111

I Feel That the Same Thing!!!
(Jun. 27, 2016  3:22 AM)Beybladewisher Wrote: Stupid OMG OMG I'm Going There in That Florida Revival,This my First Time going in Beyblade tormerent111

I Feel That the Same Thing!!!
Haha great to see someone this excited about the event Grin I'll add you to the list~

On a side note, prizes have been added to the OP. I felt it was fitting to include one Beyblade from each of the three most recent series (Metal Fight, Zero-G, and Burst) to choose from Smile
This event will be my first tournament, I can't wait to go. Please keep me posted on the time, final location, and items to bring.
(Jun. 30, 2016  2:28 AM)Xenoblader16 Wrote: This event will be my first tournament, I can't wait to go. Please keep me posted on the time, final location, and items to bring.

Glad you can make it! The AFO staff are in the process of drafting the schedule, but I'll let you all know exactly when & where the tournament will occur as soon as I know myself! Definitely bring any Metal Fight Beyblades and Zero-G beyblades that you have, and if you have any Burst, I would bring that too Smile
Oh this is so cool finally a tournament that's not that far, I wanna go, but I am unsure, if I'll be able too, I do wanna find out more about the tournament, but if it goes Zero G I wouldn't be able to participate, cuz I only have Metal Fight Beys
(Jun. 30, 2016  11:18 PM)Potato Master Wrote: Oh this is so cool finally a tournament that's not that far, I wanna go, but I am unsure, if I'll be able too, I do wanna find out more about the tournament, but if it goes Zero G I wouldn't be able to participate, cuz I only have Metal Fight Beys

You are allowed to use MFB beys in Zero-G format Smile But this is just MFB Standard.
(Jun. 30, 2016  11:18 PM)Potato Master Wrote: Oh this is so cool finally a tournament that's not that far, I wanna go, but I am unsure, if I'll be able too, I do wanna find out more about the tournament, but if it goes Zero G I wouldn't be able to participate, cuz I only have Metal Fight Beys
To clarify what Hato said a little, it's no problem if you only have Metal Fight Beyblades because both MFB and Zero-G can be used in the stadiums we'll be using Smile I'll also have a few spares (albeit not very great ones) if you need to borrow a few extra parts or are thinking about bringing friends. I'll put you on the "maybe" list for now. Hope you can make it!
(Jun. 30, 2016  11:50 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:
To clarify what Hato said a little, it's no problem if you only have Metal Fight Beyblades because both MFB and Zero-G can be used in the stadiums we'll be using Smile I'll also have a few spares (albeit not very great ones) if you need to borrow a few extra parts or are thinking about bringing friends. I'll put you on the "maybe" list for now. Hope you can make it!

I hope so to, and it's only like an hour a way so I don't have to worry about distance, but yeah, and heck maybe I'll be able to get an evil befall by then, cuz Evil Befall has the Performance Tip that I really want, but yeah, I hope I can make it aswell, hope to see you there
Ah it's finally a official tournament!!!! Can't wait to meet you all and have fun! Joyful_3 We appreciate the hard work you've put into this The Supreme One!
(Jul. 04, 2016  4:19 AM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Ah it's finally a official tournament!!!! Can't wait to meet you all and have fun! Joyful_3 We appreciate the hard work you've put into this The Supreme One!
Yep, very exciting! Thanks for all your help promoting the event, too Smile

A quick update on times - we've been slotted into Friday evening, but I'm going to push for Saturday, since that was the only day I requested for the tournament and the day that I'm sure would be best for everyone. Will let you all know what happens as soon as the schedule is finalized.
Thought everyone would like to know that we just ordered a banner similar to the one we had at Anime North this past May to help promote this event at the convention! It's being shipped to The Supreme One.

Everyone on the Committee would really like to see this event truly become the "revival" of the Florida community! With Beyblade Burst's international launch on the horizon, Florida's continued interest over the years, and this event being at a convention, we figured now was a good time to make a push to help you guys succeed. Smile
(Jul. 05, 2016  3:52 AM)Kei Wrote: Thought everyone would like to know that we just ordered a banner similar to the one we had at Anime North this past May to help promote this event at the convention! It's being shipped to The Supreme One.

Everyone on the Committee would really like to see this event truly become the "revival" of the Florida community! With Beyblade Burst's international launch on the horizon, Florida's continued interest over the years, and this event being at a convention, we figured now was a good time to make a push to help you guys succeed. Smile

A big thanks to the committee for everything they've done to help make this event a success! Hopefully this awesome WBO banner will catch the eye of a few con-goers and bring in some new players for future tournaments Smile
(Jul. 04, 2016  6:14 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Jul. 04, 2016  4:19 AM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Ah it's finally a official tournament!!!! Can't wait to meet you all and have fun! Joyful_3 We appreciate the hard work you've put into this The Supreme One!
Yep, very exciting! Thanks for all your help promoting the event, too Smile

A quick update on times - we've been slotted into Friday evening, but I'm going to push for Saturday, since that was the only day I requested for the tournament and the day that I'm sure would be best for everyone. Will let you all know what happens as soon as the schedule is finalized.

It sure is! And no problem! :'D

And ah, I see. Of course, please let us all know once you've figured it out.
Thanks again! ^-^