3rd Beyblade Burst series: "Super Z" [超ゼツ, Chouzetsu]

(Mar. 23, 2018  4:00 PM)CrazyAries Wrote:
(Mar. 23, 2018  3:19 PM)KnightPro Wrote: http://prntscr.com/ivc4wl

It is supposed to be the starter that release in July, which is always a semi-boss in the series. I don’t think something like Wyvern or as they said, Jinnius, are possible to be a semi-boss for Cho Z system. On the other hand, a new LR launcher would be released in August, so I think this would be a new dual spin beyblade like Spriggan.

maybe it could be hK and it would presumably be the new masked blader's bey. and he looks like he could be semi-bossish, lol
That guy who most people think is either shu or Clio, I personally believe it's Joshua.
I'm a big Free/Fafnir fan so i would guess it could be a new Fafnir since Free was big 5 that's justy guess though don't go off on me plz lol
I think this new beyblade is meant to be a defense type(No not because of the tW outline), Fafnir is stamina.
I don't think the layer looks like a stamina layer at all, too many blades like forneus
It might be the evolution of bJ but in bJ the wavy pattern creates more recoil and this one creates less like tW. if you have those 2, compare them and you'll see what I'm talking about
(Mar. 24, 2018  5:03 AM)ThePheonix Wrote: It might be the evolution of bJ but in bJ the wavy pattern creates more recoil and this one creates less like tW. if you have those 2, compare them and you'll see what I'm talking about

It's a placeholder image so that's not what the bey actually looks like.
It says Big 5 in the pic, so it belongs to one of the three remaining Big 5 members, especially since it looks nothing like an Xcalibur beyblade but looks more like a Blast Jenius upgrade, a Fafnir upgrade wouldn't look anything like that, a Shelter Regulis upgrade possibly would.
(Mar. 24, 2018  7:16 PM)Deathscyther04 Wrote: It says Big 5 in the pic, so it belongs to one of the three remaining Big 5 members, especially since it looks nothing like an Xcalibur beyblade but looks more like a Blast Jenius upgrade, a Fafnir upgrade wouldn't look anything like that, a Shelter Regulis upgrade possibly would.

How many times do people have to explain this: THE BEYBLADE IN THE PICTURE IS A SILHOUETTE OF TORNADO WYVERN! IT IS NOT THE NEW RELEASE- IT IS MERELY A PLACEHOLDER IMAGE!!!
Please excuse my usage of capital letters.
Not to mention that, is Joshua even still in the top 5? Considering his and Ruweis poor performance. It's not like the big 5 stay the same forever, Valt is the new number 1 according to the manga.

It's probably either a new Satan or a completely new motif seeing as it was mentioned to be a defense type.
(Mar. 24, 2018  7:32 PM)Jinbee Wrote: Not to mention that, is Joshua even still in the top 5? Considering his and Ruweis poor performance. It's not like the big 5 stay the same forever, Valt is the new number 1 according to the manga.

It's probably either a new Satan or a completely new motif seeing as it was mentioned to be a defense type.

Yea I was thinking the same that it might be Satan if we're going of how the manga left us the current big 5 would be valt ,shu ,free ,lui and Sisco. but we still don't know what are the planning with either shu or free plus the new season is 2 years after the tournament .although I don't think these guys would lose their rank if Valt could maintain his #1 status for 2 years than whether it's lui, shu or free they'll still be top 4 as for Sisco it might be different but l let's wait and see
According to Beyblade Burst Topic, B-117 is going to have no metal on it's layer: https://xn--eckzb3bc9a8at8myfc.jp/4323.html
(Mar. 24, 2018  9:19 PM)bigdaddyjoe Wrote: According to Beyblade Burst Topic, B-117 is going to have no metal on it's layer: https://xn--eckzb3bc9a8at8myfc.jp/4323.html

For real? The whole point of the series of having metal layers and this one doesn't? Either it's densely packed with plastic, has rubber or that there is some sort of special fancy gimmick within the layer akin to a God layer, but more advanced.
(Mar. 24, 2018  9:19 PM)bigdaddyjoe Wrote: According to Beyblade Burst Topic, B-117 is going to have no metal on it's layer: https://xn--eckzb3bc9a8at8myfc.jp/4323.html

No. It is said that it not only has metal, but would have special gimmick like God Layer System.
(Mar. 24, 2018  9:52 PM)CrazyAries Wrote:

No. It is said that it not only has metal, but would have special gimmick like God Layer System.

Ah, that makes more sense. I can see it having some type of mechanism, sort of like how Variares had some mechanic inside it.
Is the middle Of the Z Achilles later supposed to be loose??? Mine is and I can’t tell if something needs to be tightened or something
I'm currently working on a translation of the image. It's not a "God Gimmick", and there is no mention of metal. That is the Japanese fan's interpretation of the image's message.

It's a new kind of gimmick, in name at least, which is probably similar to God Gimmicks and just made to sound Super Z fancy.
(Mar. 24, 2018  10:41 PM)BeybladeR.O Wrote: Wow.
One word posts are against the rules.
Alright, image! Mystery bey, I dub thee temporarily "July New" in English!

[Image: TPBMumc.png]

The interesting thing to note is that it's called a "超絶ギミック", or "Chouzetsu Gimmick" instead of "ChouZ Gimmick". This is 超絶, not 超Z being used, so they're going with the literal meaning of transcendence, excellence, superiority, etc.

I wanted to show this in English as best as possible, and I think "Superior" or "Supreme" would fit the bill. But I thought "Superior" better conveyed the "above gods" aspect that I think the phrase is trying to put out, as it's supposed to be better than the God Layer System, right?

I imagine these might end up just getting called "Super Gimmicks" or "Super Z Gimmicks", but I figured I'd try to keep the meaning intact as best as I could.

(Also, if it's not already known, you can write "Chou" as "Chō", which some may simplify to "Cho". If you're wondering about the spelling that's going around.)

I am not sure if the "Not Actual" is referring to just giving a temporary name, or if everything here is temporary. I guess it can go either way, we'll have to see. I'm not fluent in Japanese or familiar with how companies there usually go about these sorts of things.

Below is Google Translate's take, and that's the end of my notes.

B-117 has a thread already over here, in case a link is helpful to have here.

Oh, I expected that to merge. I guess there's a time-limit on these things. Live and learn.
„Equipped with an incredible superior gimmick!!!“ lol that sounds like super cringy kid toy advertising xD
(Mar. 15, 2018  1:20 PM)Limetka Wrote: [Image: Amino.jpg]

Does this mean that, Valt isn't the main character of this season?
(Mar. 25, 2018  2:20 PM)_Stealth_ Wrote: „Equipped with an incredible superior gimmick!!!“ lol that sounds like super cringy kid toy advertising xD

sounds awesome to me. i hope it’s true!  

i hear you though, it’s not US localized marketing language. 

(but tbh, that hasbro battle tower stadium itself seems more cringe worthy, but i’m not the target demographic :)
(Mar. 26, 2018  3:20 PM)tezax Wrote:
(Mar. 15, 2018  1:20 PM)Limetka Wrote: [Image: Amino.jpg]

Does this mean that, Valt isn't the main character of this season?

clearly, Aiga is on front, he is the protagonist
(Mar. 26, 2018  3:25 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Mar. 25, 2018  2:20 PM)_Stealth_ Wrote: „Equipped with an incredible superior gimmick!!!“ lol that sounds like super cringy kid toy advertising xD

sounds awesome to me. i hope it’s true!  

i hear you though, it’s not US localized marketing language. 

(but tbh, that hasbro battle tower stadium itself seems more cringe worthy, but i’m not the target demographic Smile

That's how I figured I was doing it right, because it sounded just like a commercial line, haha. I remember all those commercials growing up, "Comes equipped with...!", "With built-in...!"

"Supreme Gimmick" probably rolls off the tongue better, thinking on it, but I was really caught between the two when trying to decide how to English-ize it.