[12/27/13 Berlin, CT] Before The Big Bang

on
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

[Image: au6t.jpg]

...Leone19 wanted me to post that one Tongue_out
Anyway, it's time... Leone19 & I will be cohosting our second tournament & this time, we decided to switch things up a little!
As the title says, this tournament will be using Beyblades from "before Big Bang" (in other words, we'll be having an optional, but HIGHLY encouraged pre-4D/Metal Fury tournament)

Registration Time: 8:30-9:00am
Tournament time: 9:00-12:00ish
Location: the Berlin Community Center - 234 Kensington Rd, Berlin, CT 06037 (same location as last time)
Format: BB-10
Prizes: TBD. Probably some Beyblades to go along with the theme, if you catch my drift Wink

So... what does this mean?
Basically, we wanted to make things more interesting, so if you choose to participate in this format, Beyblades from Zero G/Shogun Steel, 4D/Metal Fury, & Hyperblades will NOT be allowed.
What will be allowed are Beyblades from the first two seasons of the Metal Fight saga - This means anything from Metal Fusion and Metal Masters.

How do I know if my Beyblade is pre-4D?
Leone has complied a list of "illegal" Beyblades from 4D & Metal Fury. If you are not sure what Zero G is, basically, this means nothing with two metal wheels that you can put together. These are the Beyblades that have been in stores since the end of the summer. For any more clarification, feel free to ask one of us in the thread or through PM. We may make a list at a later time.

Do I need to use pre-4D Beyblades to participate in the tournament?
Absolutely not! If you don't have the proper equipment or you would just rather use new parts, by all means, go ahead.

How will this format work, exactly?
In order to do this fairly, Leone19 and I will ask both players before each match if they would like to use pre-4D Beys. If the answer is yes for both bladers, this format will take place. Be honest, guys. Saying that you want to have a pre-4D match & then battling with a synchrom isn't cool. In some cases, we may check to make sure that your parts will work beforehand. If one player wants to use newer parts, the match will proceed normally.

4D and Metal Fury parts that cannot be used for this format:
Zero G parts that cannot be used for this format:
Notice: In addition to banning all Zero G, Metal Fury, & 4D parts, the metal wheel Libra will also be discouraged in pre-4D play

Looking forward to seeing you all there!

Confirmed Attendees:
The Supreme One
Leone19
Dr. Leo
XtraCorruption
Bladerblock
SmithA
SmithL
Sakyodragoon123
Nohzone
EJ10
Haspro

Possible Attendees:
Andyi6
Rkalajian
Akalajian
Dmkalajian
MidnightLWBO
Bahamdia Master
KingdomBlader
Hotrodalex
Joyce
baero
bbladerbrandon

Pre-4D Players
The Supreme One
Leone19
Xtracorruption
Bladerblock
SmithA
SmithL
Haspro
EJ10

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Dec. 14, 2013  5:00 AM)Zack A Wrote: I really want to join but i dont have any metal fury beyblades. is it okay if i could just use my Earth Eagle? Please PM me answer
You can use whatever you own! But you said you wouldn't be able to make it... are you able to go now?
Hey just wanted to let you know that i am definitly confirmed to go, ill pay the passport at the tournament. So sign me up.
(Dec. 14, 2013  5:19 PM)Zack A Wrote: Hey just wanted to let you know that i am definitly confirmed to go, ill pay the passport at the tournament. So sign me up.

Awesome, you're confirmed.
Awesome, you're a possible. Grin
I'm a possibility, it would be awesome if you could put me on. Thanks! Joyful_3
(Dec. 14, 2013  11:53 PM)bbladerbrandon Wrote: I'm a possibility, it would be awesome if you could put me on. Thanks! Joyful_3

Awesome, you're confirmed and I replied to your PM Tongue_out.
Going to bump (sorry for double posting, but I would like this to be seen) to make an announcement, I know the event is 2 weeks away, but I'd like everyone to keep in mind that they should have a parent stay with them or be on time for pick up.

I know at a previous event, we had to wait for a parent, which was alight since we had to finalize results anyways, but it would be very appreciated if rides for drop-off and pick-up are on time.

A reminder that due the center's Friday hours, registration will begin at 8:45 and end at 9:05 .

Try not to show up too early, since we need time to set up.

Thank you! Grin
Srry guys, ElementChris won't be going
That's too bad. Thanks for letting us know.
Confirm EJ10, please. (My sister, haha) Tongue_out and Haspro.
Going to bump one last time to remind everyone to show from 8:45-9:00. Anyone who shows past 9:10 will not be allowed to play in the tournament, but will be allowed for free play. Can't wait to see you all in less than a few hours.

Best of luck to everyone. Tongue_out
Good luck everybody!
Good luck to everyone this morning! I can't wait to see the results! Smile
Just finished the tournament! The turnout wasn't CT's best, considering that it was a couple days after Christmas and not on a weekend, but we had a lot of competition with the 9 bladers that showed up.
First place was Leone19, second place was Haspro, & third was BladerBlock. Thanks everyone! Smile
Great time today. Not surprised we only had 9, considering many of our usuals were either away for vacation or did not have rides (its a weekday)? Haspro finally made his tournament debut, scoring in second. Results will be sent within the next few days, hopefully it'll be processed as soon as possible.

Thanks to everyone who attended! Grin
Here are the pictures I took from the tournament: https://imageshack.com/a/q43b/1
I would advise clicking on the pictures individually because clicking the next arrow will redirect you to images I've uploaded that aren't in the album.
Hope everyone had fun!
Congratulations to the top three! Prizes, Combos?
Combos have been posted!
The prizes weren't amazing, since we had some trouble finding things last minute around the holidays, but they'll be useful in Limited at least. 1st got a Metal Fury Duo Ice Titan & 2nd & 3rd got Metal Fury Death Quetzalcoatls. We also gave a keychain and beywheel for 4th & 5th. Leone & I didn't keep the prizes we might have gotten Smile
Congrats to the winners! Sounds like it was a great time!
According to TheSupremeOne, results and fees were just sent! Grin

Hopefully it'll be processed soon.

I really enjoyed today, one of my favorite events yet. We finished in about less than 2 hours or so. It was mainly mature bladers. We had a few kids, from 7(?)-11. I believe it was Camblade, who made it to the finals for third, before being out. I decided to give him one of my prizes (he chose key chain) and gave the other to Haspro.

Everyone seemed to have a really nice time today.