WBO Random Thoughts

(Dec. 07, 2014  11:31 PM)OwnageDerp Wrote:
(Dec. 07, 2014  11:20 PM)Shido-kun Wrote: I think I'm semi-banned...

How? By warning level or something?

I tried to load up page 97, and for me it just doesn't load the page, surprisingly it doesn't make my ipod crash like usual.

No it's because the Tohka account and This account has the same IP.
Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but we gained nearly 3,000 additional Likes on our Facebook page over the past few days!

How? It is a mystery
(Dec. 08, 2014  2:05 AM)Kei Wrote: Don't know if anyone else has noticed, but we gained nearly 3,000 additional Likes on our Facebook page over the past few days!

How? It is a mystery
Sounds like someone must have done a little promo behind the scenes! Congrats Smile
I just really like the fact that the WBO anniversary celebrations fall over winter break because that gives me so much time!

Also for the Facebook page, it's possible that someone set up a "like4like" account on one of those websites that does that kind of thing and then just hooked it up to the WBO page to generate random likes. I know someone who was trying to prove a point genetated a twitter follower base of over a thousand in just two days (although the accounts are usually just bots).
(Dec. 08, 2014  4:43 AM)sarabscientist Wrote: I just really like the fact that the WBO anniversary celebrations fall over winter break because that gives me so much time!

Also for the Facebook page, it's possible that someone set up a "like4like" account on one of those websites that does that kind of thing and then just hooked it up to the WBO page to generate random likes. I know someone who was trying to prove a point genetated a twitter follower base of over a thousand in just two days (although the accounts are usually just bots).

Hm, we did not request it or anything, and as an organisation Page we will not Like them back, so that is weird ... Is it not illegal anyway ? I know it is on Google.

By the way, I will announce a cool news to people participating in the Scavenger Hunt soon, most likely this week.
(Dec. 08, 2014  4:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2014  4:43 AM)sarabscientist Wrote: I just really like the fact that the WBO anniversary celebrations fall over winter break because that gives me so much time!

Hm, we did not request it or anything, and as an organisation Page we will not Like them back, so that is weird ... Is it not illegal anyway ? I know it is on Google.

You don't actually have to make your own account. Say, if I had an account on one of those websites, I have the option of linking various social media accounts (even if they are not mine) and pages. I think the websites run on the basis of "if you like this page - we will give you 10 coins and you can exchange that for x amount of "likes".

The websites all look a bit sketchy though ...

If not that, then let's look on the bright side and rejoice that the anniversary is actually drawing folks in Grin Hooray!
(Dec. 08, 2014  4:51 AM)Kai-V Wrote:

By the way, I will announce a cool news to people participating in the Scavenger Hunt soon, most likely this week.
I wonder what's gonna be the next hidden face? Tongue_out
I actually have 15th most posts in the entire WBO Tongue_out.
I believe I'm at 85th most posts spot, or something like that. You're way ahead of me, Dragon King.

Of course, though, at the end of the day, the amount of posts doesn't matter; it's what a good, helpful, valuable, informative and inspirational member you can be. Hey, we can all agree that 500 needed posts towards the Beyblade metagame is better than 1000 one-word posts saying cool, lol, etc.
How is his name showing up?if it says he's logging in?
[Image: 24ep2fp.jpg]
He might be logged in but viewing the Log In page, for some reason.
I saw that alot of times a few months ago...Is it a bug?
I see that often too.
I just realised that this is the thread's 100th page....But technically there is only 99...Do you guys know why?
(Dec. 12, 2014  10:55 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: I just realised that this is the thread's 100th page....But technically there is only 99...Do you guys know why?
Because one of the pages is an error, correct?
(Dec. 12, 2014  1:08 PM)Hato-Bokkun Wrote:
(Dec. 12, 2014  10:55 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: I just realised that this is the thread's 100th page....But technically there is only 99...Do you guys know why?
Because one of the pages is an error, correct?

You've read my mind...Or you've read the posts in page 98,lol.
I just realised...We can actually delete our own posts.
I don't believe you can, actually; only moderators have access to doing so. Smile
(Dec. 14, 2014  2:06 PM)Shido Wrote: I don't believe you can, actually; only moderators have access to doing so. Smile

Actually,You can.Press full edit on your post then you will see a button that allows you to delete your posts Smile
But if you ever tried it, it doesn't work.
Let me test it.
EDIT: just tried. Didn't work...
It doesn't work though. Try it.
It's there for moderators to use, and it doesn't go away for regular members. It's not useless, normal members just can't use it.
I don't get why you can't delete your own posts though. I know there are many posts from three years ago I would like gone. Unless for whatever reason the site has a problem with that, but that's really something that isn't hard to deal with.